not on facebook
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (UPDATED 2017)... HERE

Missing Overtime

07 Jun 2019, 19:48

Been seeing an increase in instances of O/T missing from my pay. Not huge amounts, less than half an hour here and there.
The question is are the screws allowed to not pay/deduct pay from you without informing you?
If so are they supposed to tell you prior to any deductions?
Lastly if they're deducting/not paying due to a swings and roundabouts scenario, can they use early finishes from the previous week? If I finish early (not often and rarely more than 15 minutes) I don't claim for small amounts of time I work over so they've already had their go on ALL the swings, roundabouts, slides and monkey bars.

Just want to cover my arse before I go and make an utter tit end of myself.

Missing Overtime

07 Jun 2019, 21:23

There is never any way of relating which overtime payment relates to which day earned on the payslip. Designed to obfuscate. Very sloppy from RM compared to all the GPS fixes they stick on us!

Missing Overtime

08 Jun 2019, 07:09

Walk in to the office and ask for an explanation.

Missing Overtime

08 Jun 2019, 07:13

Happens to me every few weeks. I just claim the amount as belated on the sheet.

Missing Overtime

08 Jun 2019, 09:42

I'm convinced this is deliberate by managers to reduce the spend on overtime.
My overtime was ALWAYS wrong, usually by anything from 5 minutes to about 12 minutes, always underpaid, never overpaid.
When confronted they put it down to an "error" when it was being counted up.
I believe it was done on purpose hoping people wouldn't complain about a few minutes missing. But if you add up a few minutes off everyone in an office it soon adds up.
Funny enough it doesn't happen anymore to me after I told them if I was even a minute short I wouldn't be doing any overtime until it was paid.

Missing Overtime

08 Jun 2019, 14:34

Happens regular hopeing people don't notice money saved gets them a Pat on the back and improves therebonus pot

Missing Overtime

08 Jun 2019, 22:09

comeracing wrote:Happens regular hopeing people don't notice money saved gets them a Pat on the back and improves therebonus pot

Nothing changes then :no no

Missing Overtime

08 Jun 2019, 23:25

Simple just do not do OT bring it back and let the useless managers do it instead and earn their bonus.

Missing Overtime

10 Jun 2019, 22:16

Thanks all for the input. It's not a question of cutting off,I'm afraid it's beyond that. The c***s have stiffed me and others and I want someone held accountable for it and shown in no uncertain terms they are NOT going to get away with it. Hence the questions so I can counter some of the bullshit they'll try and cover their collective arses with.

Sir Henry wrote:Are the screws allowed to not pay/deduct pay from you without informing you?

If so are they supposed to tell you prior to any deductions?

If they're deducting/not paying due to a swings and roundabouts scenario, can they use early finishes from the previous week?

As far as I know there's no local agreement to any of the above, just that they've been getting away with it.

Missing Overtime

10 Jun 2019, 23:00

If you know you are going to go over you are supposed to get their agreement to pay the overtime because they may have other resource to get the extra done.
If theyve agreed to the overtime then you should be paid it.
If you mis judge and realise you will have to go over ring them and ask if they will pay you or should you bring it back?
They will soon pay you.

Missing Overtime

10 Jun 2019, 23:02

The swings and roundabouts thing is a load of crap. If you finish early it is their responsibility to find you work to fulfill your contracted hours.

Missing Overtime

12 Jun 2019, 16:34

danterossetti wrote:If you know you are going to go over you are supposed to get their agreement to pay the overtime because they may have other resource to get the extra done.
If theyve agreed to the overtime then you should be paid it.
If you mis judge and realise you will have to go over ring them and ask if they will pay you or should you bring it back?
They will soon pay you.

Thanks Dante
They tried this horseshit a couple of times previously. Made you queue up to run the gauntlet of the Dom giving you withering looks and the Lino dishing out disparaging remarks. Never lasted more than a couple of days.

Previous page Next page

Page 1 of 1