not on facebook
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (UPDATED 2017)... HERE

Career Break

20 May 2019, 23:20

Has anyone applied for a career break or knows someone who has applied and succeeded with the application? :wave :wave

Career Break

21 May 2019, 18:43

We've got someone who is having four months off this coming winter. Last year one of our young guns did the travelling thing for six months. Three years ago someone also had a six month gap. I know that two of these had to get the union involved in order to get RM to let them go.

Career Break

21 May 2019, 21:12

Hello 97gaz,
Thanks for your message. I might have to do the same, get the Union involved by the way the conversation went down today with my manager :crazy: RM has its Career Break Policy and is available for employees who wish to take it. it's on the www.psp.royalmailgroup.com.
Well, let's hope I can sort it out.
Many thanks
Royalxdan

Career Break

22 May 2019, 18:45

No Disrespect .....but these posts always bring a smile to my face. :wink: To Old Gits like me a Career Break is something I've never experienced, apart from being Unemployed or Sick. :Boo hoo! I suppose if a Postie has put in quite a bit of Service RM might consider it, but some people in the past have been making enquires when they've only been in the job for two, or three, years. Good Luck :cuppa

Career Break

22 May 2019, 20:42

Women get one when they have a baby, and it's paid. :nana

Career Break

22 May 2019, 20:51

rambo1 wrote:Women get one when they have a baby, and it's paid. :nana

Don't go there Rambo.... You'll have the PC Police after you! :cuppa

Career Break

22 May 2019, 21:00

Hi Dorset Plodder,
RM employees are able to apply for career break even if they've have been in the job for "only 2 years" or more of continuous service. It's on the career break policy booklet. I do understand your point but what's quite a bit of service for you for someone to be considered to take a C B? I've done 12 years and I really enjoy it.
All the best

Career Break

23 May 2019, 20:20

royalxdan wrote:Hi Dorset Plodder,
RM employees are able to apply for career break even if they've have been in the job for "only 2 years" or more of continuous service. It's on the career break policy booklet. I do understand your point but what's quite a bit of service for you for someone to be considered to take a C B? I've done 12 years and I really enjoy it.
All the best

Thanks for the info Roxaldan. I think 12 years is a good innings, and you've earned a Career Break :thumbup TBH I think you'd be taking the piss if you asked for one after a few years, but that's just my Personal Opinion. :cuppa

Career Break

23 May 2019, 22:33

Hear, hear Dorset Plodder, I completely understand your point of view Pal. I know that I'm going to miss it. :speak to the hand

Previous page Next page

Page 1 of 1