not on facebook
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (UPDATED 2017)... HERE

English Democrats euro election leaflets 2019

14 May 2019, 13:49

I am reluctant to deliver the euro election leaflets for the English Demcrats. Some of their members have/had dubious connections to right wing organisations. Where do I stand if I refuse to deliver their leaflets?

14 May 2019, 14:06

ELECTION MATERIAL:EXTENDED DELIVERY OVERTIME ISSUE:AND MORE

Special Circumstances

It is jointly recognised that Royal Mail has a legal obligation to secure the delivery of
election material for all nominated candidates and parties.

Whilst it is expected that delivery will be made by the individual due to undertake the
particular delivery, local management will deal sensitively and sympathetically with
genuine requests to deviate from this arrangement.

Such cases may arise as a result of personal circumstances or beliefs or where an
individual believes that delivery of a particular item may incur personal risk.

If such instances arise alternative measures will be used to secure delivery. These may
include the use of volunteers from within the office or neighbouring offices to cover more
than one delivery or, as a last resort, the use of supplementary resource.

14 May 2019, 14:17

Buy if you don't deliver them someone else will regardless
All you're doing is getting easy money taken away from you

14 May 2019, 14:40

gimba wrote:Buy if you don't deliver them someone else will regardless
All you're doing is getting easy money taken away from you

But then again some people have a conscience.

14 May 2019, 14:41

I wouldn't say easy money. Most of the office felt awful handing these to people, especially when handing them to non English residents. Its quite offensive.

14 May 2019, 15:20

I don’t like Dominos pizza but still have to deliver their leaflets. The things people do to get out of doing work.

14 May 2019, 15:30

number one wrote:I don’t like Dominos pizza but still have to deliver their leaflets. The things people do to get out of doing work.

As a trade unionist you should understand that other trade unionists might not want to peddle the racist propaganda of the far right.
Stopping immigration because you don't like immigrants is a tad different to not wanting pineapple as a pizza topping.

I don't really understand why the English Democrats are fielding any candidates as they believe we have already left the EU.

14 May 2019, 16:24

I wouldn't worry about delivering their leaflets as they are unlikely to win a single seat.

14 May 2019, 16:59

lear01 wrote:I am reluctant to deliver the euro election leaflets for the English Demcrats. Some of their members have/had dubious connections to right wing organisations. Where do I stand if I refuse to deliver their leaflets?

I had the same problem today and I was the only one in the office to refuse to deliver them. About five hundred nasties from the BNP joined them when they folded. We can’t let these right wing lunatics get any kind of foothold in our society because trade unionists will be isolated possibly rounded up and shot just what Pinochet did in Chile.

14 May 2019, 17:13

Nest them inside your d2d's so no one see's them :dance

14 May 2019, 17:16

How about asking us if we'd like to deliver each item at 3p? Give us a choice.

14 May 2019, 19:57

Justanotherstar wrote:Nest them inside your d2d's so no one see's them :dance

Genius

14 May 2019, 20:20

Stick 100 in your bag (own bag, not work bag) every day and then put them in the boot of your car and set them alight when you get home. Worked for me with d2ds for quite some time.

14 May 2019, 23:08

You're just the messanger, if you don't deliver them somebody else is going to have to. I've been abused for posting the Brexit ones but have also been abused for posting the Labour ones by somebody who claimed Labour is now anti semetic. Just switch off from it.

15 May 2019, 05:51

Trail wrote:

Stick 100 in your bag (own bag, not work bag) every day and then put them in the boot of your car and set them alight when you get home. Worked for me with d2ds for quite some time.

Genius

Previous page Next page

Page 1 of 3   1, 2, 3