not on facebook
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (UPDATED APR 2019)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : NEW CORONAVIRUS FORUM... HERE



How busy will tomorrow be?

06 May 2019, 22:01

Will it be quieter than a normal Tuesday or busier?

How busy will tomorrow be?

06 May 2019, 22:03

Acca Dacca wrote:Will it be quieter than a normal Tuesday or busier?


Well it’s monday hours tomorrow...I usually find the day after bank holiday very light, getting heavier as week goes on

How busy will tomorrow be?

06 May 2019, 22:54

It'll be quiet, always is. Thursday and Friday will be shite as per usual.

How busy will tomorrow be?

06 May 2019, 22:56

Wednesday will be the quiet day

How busy will tomorrow be?

06 May 2019, 23:44

busy for us European electorals and d2ds probably try and get us to lapse too as its Wednesdays hours :thumbdown

How busy will tomorrow be?

07 May 2019, 07:06

when Bank holiday falls on a Monday, I find Thursday and Friday to be bad, Wednesday is very light

How busy will tomorrow be?

07 May 2019, 18:55

However busy it will be you can guarantee it will be mismanaged as ever,tracked items all mixed up with normal packets,down to us to be vigilant to spot them as someone not doing there job correctly,the non existent 60/40 arrival split continues not to happen,the wtll on rm tv continues to grate me to the core and doesn’t vreflect one bit my day in my office,the pda actualls gets looked at and sarcastic comments made from the boss,on finishing times etc,and no doubt bit will be van check Tuesday/Wednesday,but don’t find any defects cos we haven’t a spare van,and so it goes on,

How busy will tomorrow be?

07 May 2019, 19:36

robbertwhitton wrote:tracked items all mixed up with normal packets,down to us to be vigilant to spot them as someone not doing there job correctly,


That's down to the outward MCs who mix them up, I'm guessing they're doing it because they're short of time and staff. We (inward MCs) get loads of yorks where the large and small Tracked have been mixed together (often for sleeves as well)

robbertwhitton wrote:the non existent 60/40 arrival split continues not to happen


Your local MC might have been getting their work in later ever since Network 18, if so the 60/40 split will never happen unless your DO starts at least an hour later

How busy will tomorrow be?

07 May 2019, 21:45

I’m guessing there’ll be some little letters, some big letters, some little packets, some big parcels and maybe some leaflet things. But if you chill out, start on time, take breaks and use the correct equipment maybe things will be A ok.

How busy will tomorrow be?

07 May 2019, 22:06

Today was about a normal Monday level of busyness

Is it too much to hope tomorrow is like a normal Tuesday?

How busy will tomorrow be?

07 May 2019, 22:19

Acca Dacca wrote:Today was about a normal Monday level of busyness

Is it too much to hope tomorrow is like a normal Tuesday?


Tomorrow will be dead, followed by carnage the following two days. Usually the way.

How busy will tomorrow be?

08 May 2019, 09:39

Who cares, we have a finishing time

How busy will tomorrow be?

08 May 2019, 16:42

We were really busy. A normal wed with postal voting letters to boot ffs

How busy will tomorrow be?

08 May 2019, 17:46

Danielson1974 wrote:We were really busy. A normal wed with postal voting letters to boot ffs



Today was an unorganised mess.

How busy will tomorrow be?

13 Apr 2020, 21:16

Took a text “Come in early as you can tomorrow” :shock:

How busy will tomorrow be?

13 Apr 2020, 23:12

I'm expecting tomorrow to be the DAY FROM HELL. Jesus has rose from his grave and is here to show his wrath.

Jokes aside, because of circumstances I dont wanna reveal to show my work place let's just say my area only covered parcelforce and registereds on Saturday with minimal staffing...


so for my DO tomorrow I dont think I will have ever seen it busier. At christmas we have parcel assistance duties so it's even worse than Christmas currently. The old boys in my depot are comparing this to how busy it used to be when Royal Mail still have the monopoly on parcels in the early 2000s. The good old days where our conditions were golden and didnt have to fear low paid numbskulls going around for 70p per parcel undercutting us..

Good luck everyone it's going to be a hell of a week !!

How busy will tomorrow be?

13 Apr 2020, 23:41

Munchboii wrote:I'm expecting tomorrow to be the DAY FROM HELL. Jesus has rose from his grave and is here to show his wrath.

Jokes aside, because of circumstances I dont wanna reveal to show my work place let's just say my area only covered parcelforce and registereds on Saturday with minimal staffing...


so for my DO tomorrow I dont think I will have ever seen it busier. At christmas we have parcel assistance duties so it's even worse than Christmas currently. The old boys in my depot are comparing this to how busy it used to be when Royal Mail still have the monopoly on parcels in the early 2000s. The good old days where our conditions were golden and didnt have to fear low paid numbskulls going around for 70p per parcel undercutting us..

Good luck everyone it's going to be a hell of a week !!

There's a mention in another thread of 6,000 yorks being stuck at NDC over the weekend!

How busy will tomorrow be?

14 Apr 2020, 00:48

I'm not in tomorrow morning but I'm expecting it to be bad

Last week was the worst I've seen so far in 3 years
Across all shifts it was terrible, but Mon/Tues was so bad and this week with the bank holiday and distribution backlog I fear it will be even worse Tues/Wed
Talking to guys who have been there 20/30 years they struggle to think of a busier time

How busy will tomorrow be?

14 Apr 2020, 06:42

started reading this thread this morning and was thinking "everyone seems to be really positive about the volumes this week!!"

then i realised the first few posts were made around May BHL 2019 :chuckle

i expect carnage this week :crazy:

How busy will tomorrow be?

14 Apr 2020, 14:53

Tomorrow onwards will be terrible

Previous page Next page


Page 1 of 3   1, 2, 3