not on facebook
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (UPDATED 2017)... HERE

Help please

08 Jan 2019, 21:09

if I cover a full time collection duty(hybrid) for 2 years with temporary full time contract I heard I'll be automatically become permanent under union agreement with Royal mail.please can some one give me the link of that particular agreement or any advice would be grateful.thanks

Help please

08 Jan 2019, 21:45

What they say and do tends to be very different! I signed for a full time duty nearly 3 years ago and was covering it for 6months before then yet it was only last year i was moved up to 30hours from 25!

Help please

08 Jan 2019, 21:54

Paul1231 advertising that duty currently full time but if you don't want to perform you will be revert to your original contract but if duty last more then 2 year then what?your duty lasted only 1 year that's why may be 2 year rule doesn't apply.was your duty hybrid?

Help please

08 Jan 2019, 23:24

zqkhan wrote:Paul1231 advertising that duty currently full time but if you don't want to perform you will be revert to your original contract but if duty last more then 2 year then what?your duty lasted only 1 year that's why may be 2 year rule doesn't apply.was your duty hybrid?

No, But the duty I'm on was advertised as full time and I'm still on it now 3 years later i haven't moved off it

Help please

09 Jan 2019, 06:41

If you have done full time hours for the last 3 months you should get a full time contract if you want it, speak to your union rep

Help please

09 Jan 2019, 15:24

Use to come under what was called an implied contract after 24mnths. Not sure if the law still stands , but I did use it to get some P/T's to F/T many yrs ago when I was a Rep.

Help please

11 Jan 2019, 13:18

noggin1969 wrote:Use to come under what was called an implied contract after 24mnths. Not sure if the law still stands , but I did use it to get some P/T's to F/T many yrs ago when I was a Rep.

can you hv the copy of that implied contract in writing bkoz our union rep said to me that we hv national agreement now about this.

Help please

11 Jan 2019, 13:52

No, But the duty I'm on was advertised as full time and I'm still on it now 3 years later i haven't moved off it[/quote]

Hmm strange

Help please

11 Jan 2019, 15:37

https://www.royalmailchat.co.uk/communi ... 42&t=46546

LTB 592/12 New National Agreements – Extended Job Security and World Class Mail

3.2 Royal Mail employees will be employed on permanent contracts, except where there is a genuine short term need identified. CWU will be consulted in advance where there is any such requirement. Temporary contracts will not exceed two years unless it has been jointly agreed that there are very exceptional circumstances. The position of temporary contract employees will be kept under regular review by the local parties, with a view to converting to permanent contracts where and when possible. Additionally, where change programmes have been completed and bedded in, the status of temporary contract employees will be reviewed and converted to permanent contracts unless there is no need for this additional resourcing or where there is an identified and agreed need to continue with a fixed term contract. Royal Mail confirms that as part of the review of this agreement, it is the aspiration to reduce the length of temporary contracts to no more than one year.

Help please

13 Jan 2019, 21:03

TrueBlueTerrier wrote:https://www.royalmailchat.co.uk/community/viewtopic.php?f=42&t=46546

LTB 592/12 New National Agreements – Extended Job Security and World Class Mail

3.2 Royal Mail employees will be employed on permanent contracts, except where there is a genuine short term need identified. CWU will be consulted in advance where there is any such requirement. Temporary contracts will not exceed two years unless it has been jointly agreed that there are very exceptional circumstances. The position of temporary contract employees will be kept under regular review by the local parties, with a view to converting to permanent contracts where and when possible. Additionally, where change programmes have been completed and bedded in, the status of temporary contract employees will be reviewed and converted to permanent contracts unless there is no need for this additional resourcing or where there is an identified and agreed need to continue with a fixed term contract. Royal Mail confirms that as part of the review of this agreement, it is the aspiration to reduce the length of temporary contracts to no more than one year.

thanks for that I hope this agreement is still in place.

Previous page Next page

Page 1 of 1