not on facebook
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (UPDATED 2017)... HERE

Seniority question

07 Jan 2019, 12:41

If 2 people have the same start date,what are the rules regarding who is the most senior? Is it down to age or another theory I've heard is it's down to who scored the most in the written test on induction?
Anyone know?

Seniority question

07 Jan 2019, 12:53

Age is no longer an acceptable criteria for seniority.
The problem with other methods like test results and date of selection is that the business does not have complete records in a lot of cases.
The fairest way is just to toss a coin.

Seniority question

07 Jan 2019, 14:38

Alphabetically

Seniority question

07 Jan 2019, 17:06

Woody Guthrie wrote:Age is no longer an acceptable criteria for seniority.
The problem with other methods like test results and date of selection is that the business does not have complete records in a lot of cases.
The fairest way is just to toss a coin.

Not what it says in The way forward agreement. Date of birth is the final deciding factor. I stand corrected if there has been an update

Seniority question

07 Jan 2019, 17:32

The way forward agreement is almost 20 years old, age discrimination is now a protected characteristic under the
Equality Act. The advice given to reps is to avoid using any tie-breaker that could result in a discrimination complaint.

Seniority question

07 Jan 2019, 17:46

Coin Toss the fairest way - its what we used in our office

Seniority question

09 Jan 2019, 20:15

The way forward maybe old but until another agreement replaces it, it holds the ground. A lot agreements are out of date
but until they are updated or replaced they stand and I use this with my manager all the time when he says "but that is out of date" my reply
is show me the new one then.

Seniority question

10 Jan 2019, 16:49

The way forward maybe old but until another agreement replaces it, it holds the ground.

The law holds the ground. All existing agreements have to be applied using the principles of the legal framework, it even has a name. It's called Equality proofing. When reps are trained this is part of the coursework.

In the case of a seniority tie-breaker date of birth is no longer an acceptable criteria.

Previous page Next page

Page 1 of 1