not on facebook
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (UPDATED 2017)... HERE

Bullying and harassment / wanting transfer

30 Apr 2018, 08:57

I’m having issues in my office with certain individuals, both my boss and union rep are aware of this, yet I feel like they are refusing to help me. There solution is to put me on the other side of the office ... which in turn I can’t see being a long term solution, as I’m still having to work in the same building as the the people who are causing me problems. If anything moving me to other side has caused more issues as I now feel isolated, I’m literally coming home from work crying because of how it’s making me feel. I’m anxious about returning the next day, stressed and angry. I don’t know what to do / where to go from here. Both my boss and union rep are telling me I have no chance of a transfer out, but surely there must be something some one can do because I can’t go back every day feeling the way I do ... help ?

30 Apr 2018, 09:58

Look at the royal mail internal vacancies website to apply for another job within the company at a different location. This is how I got my transfer sorted after my previous DOM blocked my transfer for 6 months.

30 Apr 2018, 10:23

if thats how you feel go on the sick. they might take more notice then

30 Apr 2018, 10:43

Feeling First Class ( 0800 6888 777 ) offers free counselling and support but remains confidential and may not be advantageous to you in your circumstances other than being able to express your feelings.
Another outlet is to find out who is the Employment Relations Officer in your area.

Bullying harassment/ wanting tranfer

30 Apr 2018, 10:59

Go above them then , If it can’t be resolved informally, or is a serious issue, the problem should be raised formally. This is done by completing a harassment complaints
form (available from HR Services, Tel. 0345 6060 603 or the independent bullying and harassment helpline 0800 5874 777 / www.rmgbh.co.uk.

30 Apr 2018, 11:15

2 threads merged to avoid confusion/conflicting advice.

and here are various documents/helpines that may be able to help:

https://www.royalmailchat.co.uk/communi ... 15&t=51551 LTB73/2013 15 March 2013 Royal Mail Group Revised Bullying and Harassment Procedure Agreement

https://www.royalmailchat.co.uk/communi ... 15&t=54065 LTB492/2013 15 July 2013 ROYAL MAIL GROUP REVISED BULLYING AND HARASSMENT PROCEDURE AGREEMENT

https://www.royalmailchat.co.uk/mrm/Rai ... ummary.pdf Employment policies at-a-glance RAISING ISSUES August 2017

30 Apr 2018, 13:59

Sorry to hear you're having a tough time. Some people can be nobbers, that's just who they are. Are the people aware that they're affecting you?

It really is short term stuff (in the big picture) and it will feel terrible, but it isn't worth letting them get you down or stressed out.

Don't bottle anything up, that's how things get worse. Talk to your manager, colleagues or us lot on here if you need to vent.

If it doesn't get better then keep pushing for that transfer!

30 Apr 2018, 14:21

If it doesn't get better then the people causing you grief should be sacked.
The manager should go as well for failing in a very basic duty of care towards you and the union rep should be relieved of his/her position.
Don't we all have a zero tolerance of bullying and harassment in the workplace.

The idea that anyone should have to leave because of some knobends is ridiculous.
It won't solve the problem. A P45 or two (or as many as necessary) will.

30 Apr 2018, 16:41

Some days I wonder if this organisation has ever moved on from the culture of the 1970's,I listen to the so called "banter", every morning and casual homophobia and racism , are all rife in certain parts, the management runs hot or cold, either they are bullies or just placemmen,without the authority, respect or influence to stop things. Nothing changes ,doubt it ever will either.

30 Apr 2018, 19:55

Yes go above your dom or manager & kick off..i thought we had a zero tolerance towards bullying & harassment..plenty of places to call within the company & get this sorted,too think this crap still goes on is very sad...& speak to your area rep on this..hope it gets sorted :)

01 May 2018, 05:32

Thank you all for the comments, a lot of people have told me to take it further, but I kept putting it off, but I can’t continue how I am. I will ask to speak to who ever is above my dom / unions rep ... like every one said I thought the Royal Mail had a zero tolerance on any bullying harassment ... but sadly it doesn’t seem that way, and I’ve been fighting a constant battle to just turn up to my job every day, going home even feeling suicidle ... just because I don’t want to go back to that place. No one should have to go through what I’m going through currently.. I will let you all know how I get on ... thank you all for the support.

01 May 2018, 12:41

bullying and harassment goes on in just about all offices usually from managers and Dom's contact your union rep and all so the bullying and harassment helpline I've spoken to them and Thier excellent.

02 May 2018, 09:45

I would go straight to the top. Send an email to Sue Whalley and Terry Pullinger pointing out the severe problems you are facing in your unit and the fact that the DOM and the Union Rep are not taking these matters seriously and that you are entitled to the cultural change that was a part of the recent agreement between Royal Mail and the CWU.
Take a copy of your emails and forward a copy to your DOM and your local Union Rep. I think there may be some very quick cultural changes in your office, and heads may roll.

24 Aug 2019, 10:52

Elsa21 wrote:I’m having issues in my office with certain individuals, both my boss and union rep are aware of this, yet I feel like they are refusing to help me. There solution is to put me on the other side of the office ... which in turn I can’t see being a long term solution, as I’m still having to work in the same building as the the people who are causing me problems. If anything moving me to other side has caused more issues as I now feel isolated, I’m literally coming home from work crying because of how it’s making me feel. I’m anxious about returning the next day, stressed and angry. I don’t know what to do / where to go from here. Both my boss and union rep are telling me I have no chance of a transfer out, but surely there must be something some one can do because I can’t go back every day feeling the way I do ... help ?

How did you get on? Did you get your transfer? I too am currently suffering from harassment & bullying at my depot. It's awful, I`m with you on that one. I'm only a casual worker & the ones that are affecting my work day & mood are actual RM staff. One picks on me all shift & another laughs about it & I overheard him laughing with 2 line managers & other staff about me. Makes it extremely uncomfortable for me when even the people I need to report it to are in on it. It`s affecting me so badly that I was tearing up towards the end of the last shift & again as I type about it. I may be entertainment for them but all Iwant to do is show up, do my work, go home, get paid without feeling embarassed & uncomfortable.

24 Aug 2019, 18:28

Are you a union member? I'm sure a word in the right ear might make the f***ers think twice. A direct approach to the Area Rep would probably yield a quicker result.

Previous page Next page

Page 1 of 2   1, 2