not on facebook
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (UPDATED 2017)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : NEW CORONAVIRUS FORUM... HERE

What's the worst/most annoying thing on your round?

05 Jul 2017, 11:52

Just curious to know, and as a bit of fun, what's the worst/most annoying thing on your round - what's the one thing that you hate or annoys you the most?

I'm just getting used to my regular round at the moment, so I'm trying to work out what really annoys me... I think I'll have to say there's a property that has THE lowest wooden gate ever, and also has 2 steps up to the door and EVERY time I deliver there, the gate doesn't open enough and scrapes along the ground, so then I catch my leg on the side of it! If that doesn't get me, then the 2 steps do! :shock:

Would love to hear what things get to you!

Happy Wednesday people :cool

05 Jul 2017, 12:53

Mail,parcels, and customers.

05 Jul 2017, 13:15

2 properties on mine have parcels (signed for) on a daily basis & I've been doing this delivery for 6 months & don't have a clue what these people look like as thay are NEVER home.this annoys the crap out of me.

05 Jul 2017, 13:38

The 12:30 finish on my monster

05 Jul 2017, 14:18

Nothing really, well except for the various Zanussi, Hotpoint and Lec Garden Ornaments that are strewn everywhere.

05 Jul 2017, 14:49

Delivery office manager!

05 Jul 2017, 14:55

Customer with knackered letterbox! Every day i have to knock their door to get them out of their bed to give them their mail. Im sure if they contact their housing association they can get a new letterbox fitted..

05 Jul 2017, 14:57

greengiant wrote:Customer with knackered letterbox! Every day i have to knock their door to get them out of their bed to give them their mail. Im sure if they contact their housing association they can get a new letterbox fitted..

Tell your manager, they should send a letter. If they don't fix it mail will be suspended and they'll have to collect. Even better if the letterbox is a hazard.

05 Jul 2017, 16:51

People :roll:

05 Jul 2017, 17:08

There's about 3 properties that all have a over grown garden.
So when I open the gate I have to brush past the bushes, flowers, branches or whatever is sticking out & it drives me nuts.

A man came out today from one of the properties & I really felt like asking him to sort his garden out as I'm fed up of walking into everything that sticks out.

As If all the cob webs that I walk through ain't enough already lol

Also letter boxes at the bottom of the front door. What a stupid place to put it. So annoying when I'm holding a big bundle & have to kneel down lol
Last edited by MissKazzyB on 05 Jul 2017, 19:08, edited 2 times in total.

05 Jul 2017, 17:38

Wet green lichen gates thats falling apart, nosy no life old Victor Meldrews and mad dogs.

05 Jul 2017, 19:02

Customers with "special arrangements" with the duty holder. These potentially job-ending favours don't benefit me in any way so no I'm not just signing for it and posting it or leaving it in a bin.

Maybe that should be shitcock duty holders instead.

Going in after your day off to find that the biggest runner/shortcutter/OT whore had covered your duty. Then trying to work out which d2ds he "forgot"/"ran out of"/which loop he fancied doing d2d on as opposed to which one the cover usually does, which pouches he left mail in, especially mail for all those top floor flats that were 'missorted'.
Etc

05 Jul 2017, 19:24

Drunks, Druggies, Dogs and Dumb-arsed customers

05 Jul 2017, 20:31

Clearing and scanning my rural boxes on a Saturday knowing the letters aren't going anywhere as I'm back after the final midday dispatch following the revision,what a service

05 Jul 2017, 21:53

MissKazzyB wrote:Also letter boxes at the bottom of the front door. What a stupid place to put it. So annoying when I'm holding a big bundle & have to kneel down lol

Definitely that! Who on earth thought that was a good idea!?

06 Jul 2017, 08:02

Irresponsible dog owners by far. When their dog is bearing its teeth, growling and barking its head off and saying in dog, I'll f***ing have ya mate, its not pleasant. The responsible ones take control before it gets to that stage. MOST however excuse their dogs behaviour or put the blame on you. Oh he doesn't mean it. Its your fault for looking scared. Hate these people and their pets. Worst part of the job for me. At least managers don't treaten you with physical violence.

06 Jul 2017, 08:03

Interested-seeker wrote:
MissKazzyB wrote:Also letter boxes at the bottom of the front door. What a stupid place to put it. So annoying when I'm holding a big bundle & have to kneel down lol

Heard they are illegal in Ireland. Should be banned.

06 Jul 2017, 08:22

woopesh wrote:
Interested-seeker wrote:

Heard they are illegal in Ireland. Should be banned.

They are illegal,as far as I am aware all over Europe.I will never be able to find the link now, but I am sure there was an EEC ruling on it years ago......UK just chose to ignore it,and with Brexit....no chance now!

06 Jul 2017, 14:32

People who get loads of mail and catalogues daily yet have TINY outside letterbox fitting on wall that has space for two small letters max! :arrrghhh :mad

06 Jul 2017, 14:58

Acca Dacca wrote:People who get loads of mail and catalogues daily yet have TINY outside letterbox fitting on wall that has space for two small letters max! :arrrghhh :mad

I had that problem. Until i ripped the bloody thing off the wall trying to put a catalogue in it. they ended up getting a big one fitted :left:

Previous page Next page

Page 1 of 10   1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 10