not on facebook
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (UPDATED APR 2019)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : NEW CORONAVIRUS FORUM... HERE

Bank Holiday OT

14 Apr 2014, 20:13

Heard that there is an agreement somewhere that states you can get OT if your day off lands on a bank holiday.
Is this true and does anyone have a link to this agreement?

Re: Bank Holiday OT

14 Apr 2014, 20:23

albebb wrote:"Where an individual’s rest day coincides with a Bank Holiday they will have the option of being credited with a day in lieu equivalent to the hours they would normally work on that day or alternatively they can claim BH excess equivalent to the hours they would normally work on that day "
so you can ask for the overtime instead if you prefer.

It also pisses the Dom off no end which is always a bonus.

download/file.php?id=8966

14 Apr 2014, 20:37

Thanks for the reply.
Asked 2 high up union reps in my area too and they said it was wrong.
1 stated that the royal mail cant afford the OT O_o;;

14 Apr 2014, 22:04

buchanpeter wrote:Asked 2 high up union reps in my area too and they said it was wrong.

:roll:
What reason did they give that it was wrong? That it didn't exist within an agreement/they'd never heard of it?

15 Apr 2014, 13:11

yes they said there's no such thing.
Even the DOM today said that he's never heard of it before.
Caused a bit of a stir too....

15 Apr 2014, 16:27

Would be very handy to have a link to this joint statement from the CWU website.
if such a thing is possible but i have no idea where to look.
Or ideally if its in 1 of the national agreements

15 Apr 2014, 17:02

buchanpeter wrote:Would be very handy to have a link to this joint statement from the CWU website.
if such a thing is possible but i have no idea where to look.
Or ideally if its in 1 of the national agreements

Sidleys link in his 1st post on this thread fits that description.

15 Apr 2014, 18:36

In my office a list goes on the board the week prior to a week containing a BH and all those affected tick a box stating whether they want to be paid or have a lieu day...

Surely if this agreement has been ignored for years those who it affects have a case to claim for it retrospectively?

15 Apr 2014, 19:16

My Office is far north in the UK
DOM sez we have different rules than the ppl that work in the south IE London
Heres me thinking we all work for the same company therefore should all have the same rules....but take a look around....every DOM picks and chooses which rules suits them...
not just the DOM either....even the union in my Shire laughed at this Joint statement saying it does not exist.....

15 Apr 2014, 21:00

buchanpeter wrote:My Office is far north in the UK
DOM sez we have different rules than the ppl that work in the south IE London
Heres me thinking we all work for the same company therefore should all have the same rules....but take a look around....every DOM picks and chooses which rules suits them...
not just the DOM either....even the union in my Shire laughed at this Joint statement saying it does not exist.....

Just imagine Peter what's it gonna be like "IF" there is a yes vote :wave :wave

16 Apr 2014, 13:45

buchanifpeter - I'd get the position of your local branch in writing mate, then forward it on to HQ...

All depends how much you're willing to fight for what you want... if you aint got the backing of your colleagues it can be a lonely fight... good luck whatever you do...

18 Apr 2014, 11:59

I didn't know this. So this week i am on leave. But my day off falls today on good Friday. What happens in this scenario?

Do they only give annual leave for mon-Thurs + sat?
Or
Could i ask for good Friday to be paid as overtime? Even though i am on leave all week but Friday is technically my day off.

In hope :)

19 Apr 2014, 13:08

Don't forget Scotland's RM staff don't get Good Friday, they work it and get 2nd of January off instead. So some rules are different.

28 Apr 2014, 21:21

It used to be 8 hours schedule attendance now its just normal time , I have just got it Easter Monday thank you very much :whistle :whistle

14 May 2014, 17:22

maisymoo04 wrote:It used to be 8 hours schedule attendance now its just normal time , I have just got it Easter Monday thank you very much :whistle :whistle

you dont happen to know what the deadline for claiming is do you?

14 May 2014, 17:31

Anyone saying on this thread it can't be done or any union reps denying it should hang their heads in shame.

It's clearly stated in black and white in at least 3 agreements that you can claim overtime if you wish. To clear up this issue I contacted Moya and here is the response.

Thank you for your email to Moya’s Just Say It site. I am part of this team and have been asked to reply.

Our rules on bank holidays have been around for years and the 17 July joint statement was produced to reassure people that the introduction of the new People System Portal (PSP) would make no changes to agreed terms and conditions. Looking back at the joint statement I see the section on bank holidays was not as clear as it could have been and I understand why you’ve asked your question.

What should happen according to the rules which PSP has not changed is that when a bank holiday falls on someone’s rest day they should be given another day off that week. If that is not operationally sensible or is impracticable the people involved can have a day added to their holiday allocation or claim the hours as normal weekday overtime.

So tell your reps who say otherwise that it's your right to have a choice on the matter, it's not your problem if the DOM don't want to pay it.

17 May 2014, 13:43

coxie wrote:Anyone saying on this thread it can't be done or any union reps denying it should hang their heads in shame.

It's clearly stated in black and white in at least 3 agreements that you can claim overtime if you wish. To clear up this issue I contacted Moya and here is the response.

Thank you for your email to Moya’s Just Say It site. I am part of this team and have been asked to reply.

Our rules on bank holidays have been around for years and the 17 July joint statement was produced to reassure people that the introduction of the new People System Portal (PSP) would make no changes to agreed terms and conditions. Looking back at the joint statement I see the section on bank holidays was not as clear as it could have been and I understand why you’ve asked your question.

What should happen according to the rules which PSP has not changed is that when a bank holiday falls on someone’s rest day they should be given another day off that week. If that is not operationally sensible or is impracticable the people involved can have a day added to their holiday allocation or claim the hours as normal weekday overtime.

So tell your reps who say otherwise that it's your right to have a choice on the matter, it's not your problem if the DOM don't want to pay it.

Thanks for going to the trouble to get that sorted coxie.

16 Jul 2014, 19:41

goldy wrote:
maisymoo04 wrote:It used to be 8 hours schedule attendance now its just normal time , I have just got it Easter Monday thank you very much :whistle :whistle

you dont happen to know what the deadline for claiming is do you?

You can go back to the start of the financial year.

Bank Holiday OT

29 Apr 2020, 20:14

What happens if your day off lands on a bank holiday?

Previous page Next page

Page 1 of 1