not on facebook
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (UPDATED 2017)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : NEW CORONAVIRUS FORUM... HERE



Some customers are just either bored or weird

06 Mar 2011, 10:30

Sorry, this is a tiny rant I want to share.

On friday I apparently accidentally put a letter for a certain number in "X Street" but it was addressed to that numbers on "X Close"
Instead of popping the letter into the house it belongs just several doors away, the guy drove all the way from the village i deliver to to village to the sorting office on saturday morning, walked up to me, gave me the letter and told me my mistake in a loud voice so all the other posties could hear.

woiueghjokerngovefjgbnerojfngvberkfngbvefv *anger*
I am actually please with myself though for not going into a sarcastic rant at the time.

...sorry about that. People... what a bunch of bastards.

Re: Some customers are just either bored or weird

06 Mar 2011, 10:48

he walked straight into your DO unchallenged,etc?

Re: Some customers are just either bored or weird

06 Mar 2011, 11:02

But then you just deliver it to his house again.

Re: Some customers are just either bored or weird

06 Mar 2011, 11:24

clashcityrocker wrote:But then you just deliver it to his house again.

:nana :nana

Re: Some customers are just either bored or weird

06 Mar 2011, 12:01

I've had customers hanging letters out of the letter box for me to pick up that is for a house a few doors down the road, whats the point of that, it doesn't take much to drop it off and let me know :roll:

Re: Some customers are just either bored or weird

06 Mar 2011, 12:37

NWpostie wrote:I've had customers hanging letters out of the letter box for me to pick up that is for a house a few doors down the road, whats the point of that, it doesn't take much to drop it off and let me know :roll:


I just leave em hanging there...

Re: Some customers are just either bored or weird

06 Mar 2011, 12:40

One guy started shouting at me for posting a letter through his door stating I made a mistake .

The problem ?? He is number 20 xx street . Letter WAS addressed to number 20 xx street . NO name on door . He says no-one by that name stays there but the guy at number 17 across the road is who its for ! ! ! AND ????? Fkin idiot . Yeah we are meant to know everyone even though its not my normal duty .

When you walk away laughing they mostly get the point they are being arses . :left:

Re: Some customers are just either bored or weird

06 Mar 2011, 12:41

I just leave em hanging there...


The letters or the customers, April?

Re: Some customers are just either bored or weird

06 Mar 2011, 12:52

Straight4ward wrote:
I just leave em hanging there...


The letters or the customers, April?


Both. :chuckle

Re: Some customers are just either bored or weird

06 Mar 2011, 13:13

calpsy wrote:One guy started shouting at me for posting a letter through his door stating I made a mistake .

The problem ?? He is number 20 xx street . Letter WAS addressed to number 20 xx street . NO name on door . He says no-one by that name stays there but the guy at number 17 across the road is who its for ! ! ! AND ????? Fkin idiot . Yeah we are meant to know everyone even though its not my normal duty .

When you walk away laughing they mostly get the point they are being arses . :left:

But aren't all items of post always supposed to be delivered by address and not name?

Re: Some customers are just either bored or weird

06 Mar 2011, 13:18

deekin wrote:Sorry, this is a tiny rant I want to share.

On friday I apparently accidentally put a letter for a certain number in "X Street" but it was addressed to that numbers on "X Close"
Instead of popping the letter into the house it belongs just several doors away, the guy drove all the way from the village i deliver to to village to the sorting office on saturday morning, walked up to me, gave me the letter and told me my mistake in a loud voice so all the other posties could hear.

woiueghjokerngovefjgbnerojfngvberkfngbvefv *anger*
I am actually please with myself though for not going into a sarcastic rant at the time.

...sorry about that. People... what a bunch of bastards.

Did you have the excuse that the walk is prepped for you buy someone else? I must get something like 10 missorts a day, most of which are "right number, wrong road" types, some of which are down to me and others to my double-prepper... Its only natural that I will not spot each and every one of these everyday.

Its a sign of the pressurized times we live in at Royal Mail...

Re: Some customers are just either bored or weird

06 Mar 2011, 13:43

One guy in our D.O. when challenged by a snooty woman about a misdelivered letter simply said...
"dont worry about it love, its within acceptable tolerances, we're expected to deilver a certain number of letters wrong everyday"

Re: Some customers are just either bored or weird

06 Mar 2011, 15:17

deekin wrote:Sorry, this is a tiny rant I want to share.

On friday I apparently accidentally put a letter for a certain number in "X Street" but it was addressed to that numbers on "X Close"
Instead of popping the letter into the house it belongs just several doors away, the guy drove all the way from the village i deliver to to village to the sorting office on saturday morning, walked up to me, gave me the letter and told me my mistake in a loud voice so all the other posties could hear.

woiueghjokerngovefjgbnerojfngvberkfngbvefv *anger*
I am actually please with myself though for not going into a sarcastic rant at the time.

...sorry about that. People... what a bunch of bastards.



even better when someone in a tenement stair goes to the trouble of returning the letter,rather than pop it through the door 5 feet from their front door.

Re: Some customers are just either bored or weird

06 Mar 2011, 15:29

constantly plagued by missorts - and its me who gets all the grief for it

so fking fed up of this part time nonsense

Re: Some customers are just either bored or weird

06 Mar 2011, 15:54

I used to deliver to a street with a house numbered '1' right next to a house numbered '1A'. one week, the floater correctly delivered a letter to number '1A' (as it was was addressed) even though it was intended for the guy at number 1. The d*ckhead at number 1A couldn't be bothered to walk 10 yards to post it through his neighbour's letterbox though, and put it back in a postbox with 'addressee unknown' scrawled on it. :crazy:

Re: Some customers are just either bored or weird

06 Mar 2011, 16:35

had one once when i was training someone, block of flats only 3 flights of steps, was the last day of training him and he had been a postie a lot longer than me, there was xx road and xx court, the court ones were flats just 3 flights of steps, me thinking well i can't be arsed and he won't get lost as it's flats, well laid out, so i stay outside, i reminded him that sometimes they get mis prepped and to be careful, off he goes, i'm outside, next thing the top flat window opens, this guy says "this isn't mine" and lobs the letter out of the 3rd floor window, then slams it shut before the letter has reached the floor!
sorry but i was laughing too much to say out to him!

Re: Some customers are just either bored or weird

06 Mar 2011, 17:44

we all make mistakes but do think i make more now then ever and care less about it as there now seem like there is not enough time now to do ever thing properly.

Re: Some customers are just either bored or weird

06 Mar 2011, 19:27

Nice lady comes to the door and hands me a letter
"I got this a couple of weeks ago, it's for one of my neighbours "

"my sincere apologies for my error madam , since I have already passed that customers delivery point I will ensure she gets the letter tomorrow . Oh what the hell lets get it to her today"

Without shifting my feet one inch I somehow manage to deftly avoid a six inch wall and successfully accomplish delivery of errant letter to the correct delivery point some 24 inches distant in this well appointed terrace.
"thanks for your help , sorry again for any inconvenience caused "

Re: Some customers are just either bored or weird

06 Mar 2011, 19:36

We only get 2 seconds to lift, read, digest and then put it in the appropriate slot on the frame - it's no wonder we make a few mistakes (and tbh I'm surprised we don't make many more) .

Re: Some customers are just either bored or weird

06 Mar 2011, 22:06

This old goat in some 3 up flats stopped me on the way down .

He shouts down at me that he doesnt want the piece of s**t leaftlets i just put through .

I tell him to through them in the bin but NO ......... He throws them down the stairs to my feet . :crazy:

EH ???? I told him they will stay there cos im not picking them up . He said well they will stay there .

Told him i would be here tomorrow and have a nice day . ( just gets em madder )

No leaflets on the floor next day . HA HA . idiot .

Previous page Next page


Page 1 of 3   1, 2, 3