not on facebook
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (UPDATED 2017)... HERE

Cycle 2 work scheme

19 Aug 2007, 08:02

now,i need some help.This scheme was mentioned in the present issue of The Courier,but the website seems to have been discontinued.Can anyone advise me on how to register?
Cheers
Keano

POSTMAN EDIT:NEW LINK

https://www.myroyalmail.com/news/2013/10/feel-benefit

cycle scheme

19 Aug 2007, 12:24

a very expensive way 2 buy a bike, better off at a car boot sale or look 4 offers in national press adverts or tescos/halfords, even advert in your local paper

Re: cycle scheme

19 Aug 2007, 12:31

barkingdog wrote:a very expensive way 2 buy a bike, better off at a car boot sale or look 4 offers in national press adverts or tescos/halfords, even advert in your local paper

Have to disagree...
As you get a voucher to spend at Halfords so can take advantage of any offers they have at the time. You also get 10% extra to spend on equipment.
I managed to get a £600 bike on offer at £400 with £30 worth of lights and a nice lock for free.
All in all a very good deal.

A lot better than the computer deal now that was a rip off.

Re: Cycle 2 work scheme

19 Aug 2007, 13:01

Keano wrote:now,i need some help.This scheme was mentioned in the present issue of The Courier,but the website seems to have been discontinued.Can anyone advise me on how to register?
Cheers
Keano

call halfords on 08700 660511 and they will give you log in details

19 Aug 2007, 16:22

just finished this week for my computer if you work out all the payments it was about £1700 all together for a £1000 pc but i think i saved about £200 in tax and ni so wouldnt recomend the pc offer to anyone but i do believe the offer has now stopped however looking at the small print for the cycle 2 work scheme it does actually look very good and a cheap way to buy a cycle !!

19 Aug 2007, 16:27

And if you claim tax credit you may get a small bit extra depending on your overal income as your GROSS pay drops down rather than net pay.

19 Aug 2007, 16:30

The computer deal was a serious rip off,but i done it because of my credit rating malarky and i know 10's of thousands did as well.
Someone made a few bob out of us. :roll:

Which gets me to this 'It all adds up' shite that is in the Courier.
In all fairness,the size of this company and how many staff there is in it,it's a load of crap!
Any decent company would bust a gut to get it's workforce beter deals on stuff.

19 Aug 2007, 16:50

POSTMAN wrote:The computer deal was a serious rip off,but i done it because of my credit rating malarky and i know 10's of thousands did as well.
Someone made a few bob out of us. :roll:

Which gets me to this 'It all adds up' shite that is in the Courier.
In all fairness,the size of this company and how many staff there is in it,it's a load of crap!
Any decent company would bust a gut to get it's workforce beter deals on stuff.
Just into the 3rd year of paying for a Hewlett Packard laptop bought (or rather leased) through the company. The price isn't realistic as you say, especially as it was out of date technically within 12 months. However on the upside, it's covered by a service agreement for the whole period and has just been collected for a repair just two days after phoning about it - good response, and I dread to think what I would have paid out for a repair otherwise. Up until then it's been used by my student daughter for two years and has been a damn good piece of kit under considerable pressure. Computers have never been a good thing to buy over a period of time because of the pace of change but like most of us the option to buy outright wasn't there for me at the time. One of the lads at work has had one of the bikes under the same scheme and it is a really nice piece of equipment and unlike the computers may save some travel expenses to offset the cost.

19 Aug 2007, 17:13

Yeah..My PC is through work also,it was a nice bit of kit new,and still is to be fair..finish paying for it next month,couldn't have bought it outright at the time so it was a means to an end..Never in 3 years did i really miss the money due to salary sacrifice so worked for me..have a freind who did the bike thing,great bike he got,only problem was as with many other people he fell foul of the proverbial "stitch up" from management,lost hs job and they demanded full payment for it almost immediately..he couldn't pay for it so they repo the bike AND took him to court for the negative equity..ON A BICYCLE FFS!! cover all your bases if you consider any kind of hire purchase agreements with our illustrious leaders..

cycle scheme

19 Aug 2007, 18:54

blimey, £400 for a bike? didn't pay that for my car! unless u r a real bike rider, road racer or similiar its a lot of money for 2 wheels, car boot, local classified ads, etc will get u a decent cycle for well under £100 if u r only using it for local commuting. like new cars from a showroom, nice and shiny, salesman discount means u r paying lots extra than second hand, use the £300 for a nice week away with the love of your life, bet l can beat u in a race with
my second hand roadster even if the paintwork is a bit dull.

19 Aug 2007, 18:59

dont have to pay £400 dude ive just ordered a voucher for a £100 quid in our local halfords you have a choice of 3 for that and for just under £1 a week its not a bad deal

welsh bikes

19 Aug 2007, 19:03

bikes r cheaper in wales, going rate at welsh car boot is £20 for a good bike, use the £80 for a luxury stay at pen-y-fan in december

19 Aug 2007, 19:16

It seems strange that we will be sending loads of bikes to the third world for free and letting our staff buy from Halfords.

RM bikes are really good kit and can be serviced with spares from source.

22 Aug 2007, 12:50

https://www.cycle2work.net

Username: rmguser
Password: rmgbenefit

for anyone wanting to log on

22 Aug 2007, 23:09

I don't understand...you never actually own the bike?? you pay for the privelege of riding it for 18 months...then give it back??? what's the point in that??

Previous page Next page

Page 1 of 49   1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 49