not on facebook
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (UPDATED APR 2019)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : NEW CORONAVIRUS FORUM... HERE

pissing dogs

14 Jul 2007, 09:58

had a very big german shepherd get out today opend the front door some how i shite me self.
i just turned and he bit the mail bag and pulled at it so glad it was not me then dopey owner comes and just says sory.

think i want more money for danger not a pay cut :cfo :lfo

14 Jul 2007, 10:33

There were loads of dogs on my old delivery roaming around, it was a slumhole council estate. Once got bitten right on the arse by one, reported it to management who gave me a letter to deliver to the customer next day! How about you do it yourself hero!

14 Jul 2007, 10:50

That just shows how simple minded these bosses are. You have a problem that is preventing you from delivering to a certain address. How do they let the customer know they wont be getting their mail until the problem is resolved............ They send you out with a letter to them, which you have to deliver.
And we thought it was only the yanks that couldn't grasp the concept of irony :d'oh!

14 Jul 2007, 13:36

The Postal Avenger wrote:There were loads of dogs on my old delivery roaming around, it was a slumhole council estate. Once got bitten right on the arse by one, reported it to management who gave me a letter to deliver to the customer next day! How about you do it yourself hero!

Same,got bitten on the arm by a rottwei,eh rootwiel,a big feckin dog and was told the same,deliver this tomorrow :crazy:

14 Jul 2007, 13:44

I got bitten by a poodle, twice :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops:

14 Jul 2007, 13:50

disgruntledpostie1 wrote:I got bitten by a poodle, twice :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops:

A dogs a dog in my book dont be :oops: ha ha (only joking I would love to have seen this

Dogs

14 Jul 2007, 13:51

I have just got a dog and he is postman friendly honest he is. taut him well have I. :nana :nana

14 Jul 2007, 13:51

14 Jul 2007, 13:53

There was a guy worked with us last christmas delivering to a tennement block when a dog runs down from the top floor and attaches itself to his ankle. He starts kicking it to get it away and the owner came downstairs and punched him square in the face, breaking his jaw.

The guy left not long after this happened, never found out what happened to the customer that assualted him but I'd imagine he'll still get his mail delivered.

Re: pissing dogs

14 Jul 2007, 14:36

scooby wrote:had a very big german shepherd get out today opend the front door some how i shite me self.
i just turned and he bit the mail bag and pulled at it so glad it was not me then dopey owner comes and just says sory.

think i want more money for danger not a pay cut :cfo :lfo

When he 'attacked' you,and you were defending yourself you pulled your back out and will probably have to go sick for a couple of weeks.
The dog owner SAW IT ALL. :whistle

14 Jul 2007, 14:47

The Postal Avenger wrote:There was a guy worked with us last christmas delivering to a tennement block when a dog runs down from the top floor and attaches itself to his ankle. He starts kicking it to get it away and the owner came downstairs and punched him square in the face, breaking his jaw.

The guy left not long after this happened, never found out what happened to the customer that assualted him but I'd imagine he'll still get his mail delivered.

Royal Mail probably sent him a bunch of flowers and a book of first class stamps with a letter of apology for having one of their staff hurt the man's knuckles.

15 Jul 2007, 13:44

Bite back...Gift from the gods...I do a rural round where everyone has a bloody killer mutt of some kind or another,spray the lot of em i do..works on geese too!! lol

15 Jul 2007, 13:51

:funneh
pistol wrote:Bite back...Gift from the gods...I do a rural round where everyone has a bloody killer mutt of some kind or another,spray the lot of em i do..works on geese too!! lol

15 Jul 2007, 14:28

Got bitten by an alsation whilst out on delivery, the owner came out eventually and said 'oh, he does'nt normally bite women' :shock:

Postman kicked deaf dog then fought owner

15 Jul 2007, 14:50

http://www.thisischeshire.co.uk/display ... _owner.php

Postman kicked deaf dog then fought owner

By Gina Bebbington

A POSTMAN has been sentenced for kicking a dog and fighting with its owner.

Michael Crowley, of New Road, in Anderton, faces a curfew after being found guilty of assault by beating and causing unnecessary suffering to an animal.

The 33-year-old appeared at Vale Royal Magistrates' Court on Wednesday after the incident, which happened in December last year, and was convicted after an earlier trial.
advertisement

Catherine Whincup, prosecuting, said: "The defendant attended an address to deliver mail when he seemed to turn and deliver a savage kick to the 14-year-old dog of Mr Andrew Town who was angry, confronted the defendant and was grabbed and punched repeatedly around his head."
He lost his temper and in the circumstances, although it doesn’t make it justifiable, it does make it easier to understand.
Karina Champion, defending

Ms Whincup said the dog was nearly deaf and slow to respond.

Crowley, a father-of-two, told police in interview that the animal was aggressive and growling at him so he kicked it in self defence.

He also told police that he hit Mr Town in self defence.

Karina Champion, defending, said Crowley was initially suspended by Royal Mail but later reinstated despite his conviction. He showed remorse for the incident from the outset.

"He notified his employers of the incident immediately after it happened and acknowledges that in relation to the assault that matters did become heated.

"He genuinely felt he was in some danger and accepts what he did was wrong.

"He said it was two people in the wrong place at the wrong time and has said he wishes he could turn back time."

She added: "This is not a man who is going to trouble these courts again.

"He lost his temper and in the circumstances, although it doesn't make it justifiable, it does make it easier to understand."

Crowley was given a three-month 8pm to 4.30am curfew for each of the charges, to run concurrently, and was ordered to pay costs of £455 and compensation of £50.

12:00pm today

15 Jul 2007, 15:18

On one round I used to cover there was a dog which used to stick it's head out of the cat flap and try to nip you. Went there one day in th erain and totally forgot about the mutt. I stood too close and as the mail went through the box, so the head came out and... ouch!

Next day, I crept up the path quietly, put my leg against the cat flap to block it and rattled thge letter box. The dog came bounded along the hall and then THUMP :Very Happy - never did it again :dance

damn dogs!!

15 Jul 2007, 15:50

I have been bitten SEVEN times!!!! Each time the owners say "oh! my dog never bites"! Yeah right!, never bites you, you mean! Each time i have been told to deliver the letter, but each time i refused ('elf and safety, you know) and insisted the LM do it himself. last time the DOM went to deliver it ( in a crappy housing estate known as hypodermic alley), I was there and praying the damn dog would escape out the cat flap after him as it had me. But no such luck, the owner saw him coming and locked up the dog. But at least the cat flap has been sealed up ( we refused delivery for 2 weeks until they complied). Now he terrorises me from an upstairs window, but at least i know where he is now!

15 Jul 2007, 16:08

pistol wrote:Bite back...Gift from the gods...I do a rural round where everyone has a bloody killer mutt of some kind or another,spray the lot of em i do..works on geese too!! lol

dogs i can(just about) cope with
:funneh
its feckin geese scare the s**t out of me they raise thereselves and extend there neck and come at you flapping there wings and honking

i still have nightmares

15 Jul 2007, 16:14

Another of our rounds has a "killer" cat - now that's scary.

It just creeps up behind you silently, and as you turn around to walk away from the door - there it is between you and the gate :shock:

And cats claws are bloomin' sharp

15 Jul 2007, 17:12

Steaders wrote:Another of our rounds has a "killer" cat - now that's scary.

It just creeps up behind you silently, and as you turn around to walk away from the door - there it is between you and the gate :shock:

And cats claws are bloomin' sharp

Easily dispatched with a well placed boot. :dance :dance

Previous page Next page

Page 1 of 3   1, 2, 3