ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

PDA route planner

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
heapsy
Posts: 2974
Joined: 02 Jun 2007, 23:40
Gender: Male
Location: Drinking with Gangsters

PDA route planner

Post by heapsy »

I've usually had no problems with the route planner until the latest update. Now I find I'm unable to save the route using RO+N. Has anybody had issues? Nobody seems to know how to use it.
kazardaimenu
Posts: 1391
Joined: 13 Apr 2022, 19:11
Gender: Male

Re: PDA route planner

Post by kazardaimenu »

In the new set up I've had to scan the barcode on Indoor - save to dedicated route, then RON - doesn't work first time so scan again, then outdoor - same story scan a couple of times before it can load the items. Such a faff but it gets there in the end for now until the next update when the whole thing will no doubt crash.
Kenfandango
Posts: 694
Joined: 19 Oct 2021, 16:40
Gender: Male

Re: PDA route planner

Post by Kenfandango »

Scan into RON, deliver via outdoor. Have to scan your barcode both times
heapsy
Posts: 2974
Joined: 02 Jun 2007, 23:40
Gender: Male
Location: Drinking with Gangsters

Re: PDA route planner

Post by heapsy »

Tried scanning twice and yesterday it didn't work. Doesn't make sense, lost the route.
Clappedoutpostie
Posts: 1264
Joined: 05 Nov 2021, 21:46
Gender: Male

Re: PDA route planner

Post by Clappedoutpostie »

Ask your manager, they will know :arrrghhh
Jaggs
Posts: 138
Joined: 18 Jan 2011, 11:18
Gender: Male

Re: PDA route planner

Post by Jaggs »

kazardaimenu wrote: ↑
05 Sep 2022, 06:11
In the new set up I've had to scan the barcode on Indoor - save to dedicated route, then RON - doesn't work first time so scan again, then outdoor - same story scan a couple of times before it can load the items. Such a faff but it gets there in the end for now until the next update when the whole thing will no doubt crash.
Scanning the route header in the next app to quickly after exiting the previous app and you won't have given enough time for the data to be saved to the cloud for then downloading it in the next app
onejontwo
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 82
Joined: 16 Apr 2012, 17:08
Gender: Male

Re: PDA route planner

Post by onejontwo »

Sorry to butt in, but where is the "new topic" button to create a new topic? This is the only way I could ask as I can't seem to post.
ted_e_bear
Posts: 4112
Joined: 03 Sep 2012, 19:37
Gender: Male

Re: PDA route planner

Post by ted_e_bear »

onejontwo wrote: ↑
05 Sep 2022, 14:29
Sorry to butt in, but where is the "new topic" button to create a new topic? This is the only way I could ask as I can't seem to post.
From the home page select forums that'll take you to the board index, select which category you want to post in and you'll see the new post button.
onejontwo
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 82
Joined: 16 Apr 2012, 17:08
Gender: Male

Re: PDA route planner

Post by onejontwo »

Thanks, I'll try that.