ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Annual leave this week

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
fed_up_postie
Posts: 154
Joined: 05 Aug 2007, 12:37
Gender: Male
Location: lost in space

Annual leave this week

Post by fed_up_postie »

Just checked my annual leave on the people's app and I've noticed I'm using 30.1 hours leave this week, is this right? Mon and Tues are Bank Holidays so technically I shouldn't use leave for them and it's my long weekend this weekend so shouldn't use any for Sat, so shouldn't I only use 3 days leave (weds Thurs fri) thanks in advance
chickenwittle
Posts: 2095
Joined: 15 Nov 2009, 09:43
Gender: Male

Re: Annual leave this week

Post by chickenwittle »

Sounds like your right , should only be deducted for 3 days ,query it with your manager.
theotherone
Posts: 430
Joined: 04 Jun 2020, 21:58
Gender: Male

Re: Annual leave this week

Post by theotherone »

Might be one of those stupid ones that because the Mon and Tues are replacements they are "non working days" and not bank holidays and you lose out.
yellowbelly
Posts: 3728
Joined: 23 Jun 2015, 15:51
Gender: Male

Re: Annual leave this week

Post by yellowbelly »

theotherone wrote: ↑
29 Dec 2021, 10:08
Might be one of those stupid ones that because the Mon and Tues are replacements they are "non working days" and not bank holidays and you lose out.
Mon and Tue are still 'Public Holidays', so shouldn't cost any leave hours (unless the OP is PT and pro rata for bank holiday entitlement,
which doesn't sound likely from the post).
pat22
Posts: 3
Joined: 18 Oct 2009, 00:06
Gender: Male

Re: Annual leave this week

Post by pat22 »

I have a slightly different question still regarding this week's bank holidays. I have been isolating (after positive pcr with symptoms) all week since wed 22 Dec, will I get days in lieu for the bank holiday Mon & Tue?
citypostie
Posts: 895
Joined: 08 Apr 2009, 19:42
Gender: Male

Re: Annual leave this week

Post by citypostie »

pat22 wrote: ↑
29 Dec 2021, 20:16
I have a slightly different question still regarding this week's bank holidays. I have been isolating (after positive pcr with symptoms) all week since wed 22 Dec, will I get days in lieu for the bank holiday Mon & Tue?
I wouldnt think so, if you are off sick and there's a bank holiday you don't get a day back unless Im wrong. You was off and on pay so if you got a days iieu you're getting double the days off. Just unlucky really
smok3y666
Posts: 754
Joined: 21 Dec 2008, 10:47
Gender: Male

Re: Annual leave this week

Post by smok3y666 »

I'm off this week and according to the app I've used 22.2 hours of leave.
pat22
Posts: 3
Joined: 18 Oct 2009, 00:06
Gender: Male

Re: Annual leave this week

Post by pat22 »

citypostie wrote: ↑
29 Dec 2021, 20:37
pat22 wrote: ↑
29 Dec 2021, 20:16
I have a slightly different question still regarding this week's bank holidays. I have been isolating (after positive pcr with symptoms) all week since wed 22 Dec, will I get days in lieu for the bank holiday Mon & Tue?
I wouldnt think so, if you are off sick and there's a bank holiday you don't get a day back unless Im wrong. You was off and on pay so if you got a days iieu you're getting double the days off. Just unlucky really
Fair point but if it was your normal annual leave that will get cancelled and added you your allowance as sick kind of overrides it.
Celtic warrior
Posts: 101
Joined: 10 Dec 2013, 16:23
Gender: Male

Re: Annual leave this week

Post by Celtic warrior »

pat22 wrote: ↑
29 Dec 2021, 20:16
I have a slightly different question still regarding this week's bank holidays. I have been isolating (after positive pcr with symptoms) all week since wed 22 Dec, will I get days in lieu for the bank holiday Mon & Tue?
No I'm afraid.
You get any annual leave reinstated if on sick leave but not Bank Holiday.

Hope this helps.
wdo1256
Posts: 107
Joined: 10 May 2007, 19:44
Location: Wirral

Re: Annual leave this week

Post by wdo1256 »

chickenwittle wrote: ↑
29 Dec 2021, 09:38
Sounds like your right , should only be deducted for 3 days ,query it with your manager.
I first thought that this was the case that you should only be docked 3 days leave,

This is the part that is confusing me.
Everyone who's day off is Monday/Tuesday/ Saturday would of worked three days this week.
However if your day off this week is Wednesday/Thursday/Friday you would of only worked two days this week.

I can image that this has been covered in another section of RMC.

Happy New Year to all - me thinks that we are in for a bumpy ride this year.