ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Sunday 26th December(Boxing Day)

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
Rmurphy91
Posts: 9
Joined: 23 Nov 2018, 17:24
Gender: Male

Sunday 26th December(Boxing Day)

Post by Rmurphy91 »

My manager has told me that I have to work Sunday or Tuesday 28th. I can choose between the two I’ve been told. Can anyone confirm if I have to work either? I’ve spoken to my union rep and have been advised that I would have to work the Sunday as it’s part of my shift. I work Wednesday to Sunday every week and have Monday and Tuesday off.

Any ideas?

Thanks
rogersh
MAIL CENTRES/PROCESSING
Posts: 1374
Joined: 26 Oct 2011, 11:31
Gender: Male

Re: Sunday 26th December(Boxing Day)

Post by rogersh »

Blaine
Posts: 90
Joined: 13 Oct 2011, 20:07
Gender: Male

Re: Sunday 26th December(Boxing Day)

Post by Blaine »

No, it's all voluntary.
number one
Posts: 1324
Joined: 19 Aug 2009, 21:20
Gender: Male

Re: Sunday 26th December(Boxing Day)

Post by number one »

100% voluntary!!! They are trying to have you over.
richietns
Posts: 1101
Joined: 17 Oct 2011, 18:09
Gender: Male

Re: Sunday 26th December(Boxing Day)

Post by richietns »

Were you employed to work on Sundays in other words is it in your contract.
Rmurphy91
Posts: 9
Joined: 23 Nov 2018, 17:24
Gender: Male

Re: Sunday 26th December(Boxing Day)

Post by Rmurphy91 »

Yes My shift is to work Wednesday to Sunday. I’ve just spoke to HR after querying it with my DOM and they’ve said if it’s part of your shift you have to work it. Shocked
Blaine
Posts: 90
Joined: 13 Oct 2011, 20:07
Gender: Male

Re: Sunday 26th December(Boxing Day)

Post by Blaine »

Rmurphy91 wrote: ↑
23 Dec 2021, 09:18
Yes My shift is to work Wednesday to Sunday. I’ve just spoke to HR after querying it with my DOM and they’ve said if it’s part of your shift you have to work it. Shocked
HR may not have read the agreement yet. You don't have to work it even if contracted, it's in the agreement for peak.
number one
Posts: 1324
Joined: 19 Aug 2009, 21:20
Gender: Male

Re: Sunday 26th December(Boxing Day)

Post by number one »

Well Saturday is part of your shift, you working that as well?
Rmurphy91
Posts: 9
Joined: 23 Nov 2018, 17:24
Gender: Male

Re: Sunday 26th December(Boxing Day)

Post by Rmurphy91 »

Not much I can do… my union rep, manager, DOM and HR all told me I have to work. Dunno if anyone else has had the same experience with the Sunday
User avatar
POSTMAN
SITE ADMINISTRATOR
Posts: 32805
Joined: 07 Aug 2006, 03:19
Gender: Male

Re: Sunday 26th December(Boxing Day)

Post by POSTMAN »

3.3 Sunday 26th December is not a bank holiday. Royal Mail has agreed with Ofcom
that it is a non USO day so there will be no USO collections or deliveries. However,
there will be a requirement to collect, process and deliver Covid-19 test kits, as well
as collection from POL outlets. Where service requires attendance on this day,
people attending will be paid at the appropriate scheduled attendance rate. These
additional attendances during this weekend will be on a voluntary basis
with work
covered utilising the full range of resourcing options. In line with the approach agreed
in 2020 it is agreed that in order to support the operation and secure resourcing is in
place, both parties have agreed that in addition to the agreed National pay rates for
attendance, a one off lump sum will also be applicable for all CWU grades within
Royal Mail that volunteer and attend work on Sunday 26th December 2021 only. This
is in recognition for attendance on this date given the critical services related to Covid
test kits on behalf on the DHSC.
I Wrote-During Covid-Which is still relevant now
It's good to get these types of threads, the ridiculous my manager said bollox, so we can reassure ourselves that while the world is falling apart, Royal Mail managers are still being the low-life C***S they have always been.
My BFF Clash
The daily grind of having to argue your case with an intellectual pigmy of a line manager is physically and emotionally draining.
Sir Henry
Posts: 1316
Joined: 24 Oct 2014, 00:33
Gender: Male

Re: Sunday 26th December(Boxing Day)

Post by Sir Henry »

Rmurphy91 wrote: ↑
24 Dec 2021, 06:45
Not much I can do… my union rep, manager, DOM and HR all told me I have to work. Dunno if anyone else has had the same experience with the Sunday
Ring your area rep and tell them to put a rocket up your office reps backside.
"A third of the world's farmland is now useless due to soil degradation, yet we still keep producing mouths to feed. And what's you answer to that? Energy saving lightbulbs?"
Blaine
Posts: 90
Joined: 13 Oct 2011, 20:07
Gender: Male

Re: Sunday 26th December(Boxing Day)

Post by Blaine »

Rmurphy91 wrote: ↑
24 Dec 2021, 06:45
Not much I can do… my union rep, manager, DOM and HR all told me I have to work. Dunno if anyone else has had the same experience with the Sunday
If you want to work it - you book ALL hours worked as overtime, regardless of contract. If you don't, just don't turn up, it's as simple as that really. They are going to look really stupid if they try and discipline you and realise they're wrong.