ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Older contracts vs newer contracts (sundays)

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
postiewhite
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 619
Joined: 23 Jul 2013, 18:38
Gender: Male

Older contracts vs newer contracts (sundays)

Post by postiewhite »

So im a bit confused :nervous.
People who recently started with RM have got these "newer" contracts that have sunday included in them. My GF started with RM 6 weeks ago and was put on a Wed to Sun rota alongside some of the other new starters. Now when I looked at her contract it states that the work can include weekends, there is no mention specifically sunday, however weekend does include a sunday.

Anyway I started in 2013 and I have just managed to fimd my old paper contract which was originally set at 23.40hrs over 3 days (this was the job advertisement I went for). Now looking at my contract this also says work can include weekends.
So how is it that the rumour (if you like) that it seems to be the new starters doing the sunday work when actually half of the office could be on this type of contract?
So is there anything new about these 'new' contracts compared to someone that has been there 8yrs?
Woody Guthrie
Posts: 5166
Joined: 29 Sep 2018, 20:47
Gender: Male

Re: Older contracts vs newer contracts (sundays)

Post by Woody Guthrie »

When you started delivery did not include a Sunday.

Contracts are not just about words they're also about context as well as existing and evolving agreements.

My paper contract (if I could find it) has me working 42hrs 6 days a week for a handful of gruel.
Only dead fish follow the current
weary_posty
Posts: 225
Joined: 01 Jul 2011, 15:08
Gender: Male

Re: Older contracts vs newer contracts (sundays)

Post by weary_posty »

Is it not the case that when agree a new deal out contract changes to reflect that?

If not I should finishing at 12 everyday and earning a lot less.