ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Possible Transfer

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
SW Postie
Posts: 39
Joined: 28 Aug 2018, 12:16
Gender: Male

Possible Transfer

Post by SW Postie »

Good evening all, I’m after a bit of advice please so was hoping somebody can help?

I transferred from delivery (day shift) to distribution (night shift) 5 months ago, however personal circumstances have changed and I desperately need to get off nights and back on to the day shift. I have spoken to my previous DOM and they have a vacancy at my old DO. My current line manager is aware of my need to change shifts and will do what he needs to help me with the request. As I haven’t been in my current role for 26 weeks will the possible transfer be blocked?
Babyfacedjoker
Posts: 26
Joined: 25 Nov 2018, 09:07
Gender: Male

Re: Possible Transfer

Post by Babyfacedjoker »

If both DOMs agree, transfer can go ahead. I transferred back in 2015, but circumstances changed in my private life and I was able to transfer to another office within 6 months as both DOMs had no issue.