ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
Fearing going in work
-
Dindin
- Posts: 491
- Joined: 29 Jul 2019, 17:19
- Gender: Male
Fearing going in work
Does anyone else dread going in work.
-
enzio1272
- Posts: 93
- Joined: 24 Apr 2018, 16:24
- Gender: Male
Re: Fearing going in work
Yep all the time
Though have come to realise that it’s some of the people in the job that just makes me hate it
Though have come to realise that it’s some of the people in the job that just makes me hate it
-
scoobydo79
- Posts: 2057
- Joined: 15 May 2011, 19:04
- Gender: Male
-
Dindin
- Posts: 491
- Joined: 29 Jul 2019, 17:19
- Gender: Male
Re: Fearing going in work
Workload mostly. The place is rammed with packets and even mail .
-
Alexei
- Posts: 222
- Joined: 23 Jul 2017, 18:01
- Gender: Male
Re: Fearing going in work
It can be a very stressful and claustrophobic environment, and that's even without taking the sorts of pernicious activities colleagues and managers get up to.
-
Coffee lover
- Posts: 120
- Joined: 17 Jan 2021, 12:44
- Gender: Male
Re: Fearing going in work
Yes! And also feel under pressure from people who gets in early and make sly remarks about people coming in on time and managers moaning about people taking breaks and claiming overtime too many parcels in van trying to get 2 walks in the van feeling knackered every day! It’s really not enjoyable anymore
-
Grumpyoldmailman
- Posts: 810
- Joined: 24 Nov 2019, 22:29
- Gender: Male
Re: Fearing going in work
When u get that ask them who the mug is.Coffee lover wrote: ↑15 Mar 2021, 21:07Yes! And also feel under pressure from people who gets in early and make sly remarks about people coming in on time
-
aiden01
- MAIL CENTRES/PROCESSING
- Posts: 7001
- Joined: 27 Feb 2013, 21:43
- Gender: Male
-
woody38
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 273
- Joined: 19 Apr 2016, 08:38
- Gender: Male
Re: Fearing going in work
A lot of the units are very intimidating places, worse than school, if they c you talking to somebody they don’t like they will blank you, spreed rumours about you even threaten you, I got out & now much happier
-
Wigglypark
- Posts: 49
- Joined: 21 Dec 2017, 08:01
- Gender: Male
-
Coffee lover
- Posts: 120
- Joined: 17 Jan 2021, 12:44
- Gender: Male
Re: Fearing going in work
Yes that’s a great reply I have said similar! Now no one like working with me, I’ve said to them I don’t work for free end offGrumpyoldmailman wrote: ↑15 Mar 2021, 21:20When u get that ask them who the mug is.Coffee lover wrote: ↑15 Mar 2021, 21:07Yes! And also feel under pressure from people who gets in early and make sly remarks about people coming in on time
-
Haditup
- Posts: 195
- Joined: 27 Nov 2020, 07:08
- Gender: Male
Re: Fearing going in work
I can imagine the workplace can be very intimidating especially for new recruits.
The place is full of foul mouthed sexists ,racist ,backstabbing people.
There is no political correctness practiced at my Delivery Office.
You get to know who they are and don’t associate with them.
If you are easily offended I would choose another employer.
The management are to blame.
The place is full of foul mouthed sexists ,racist ,backstabbing people.
There is no political correctness practiced at my Delivery Office.
You get to know who they are and don’t associate with them.
If you are easily offended I would choose another employer.
The management are to blame.
-
TrueBlueTerrier
- FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
- Posts: 72738
- Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
- Gender: Male
- Location: On my couch
Re: Fearing going in work
Or perhaps better management and more resources?
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
-
TrueBlueTerrier
- FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
- Posts: 72738
- Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
- Gender: Male
- Location: On my couch
Re: Fearing going in work
Would he, or should would expect it to be managed and resourced better?
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
-
Smith1212
- Posts: 161
- Joined: 12 Jul 2018, 13:02
- Gender: Male
Re: Fearing going in work
I think you have to take it day to day and if to much work then work your hours and if work load is doable complete and work your hours 