ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Sick pay

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
robbertwhitton
Posts: 1132
Joined: 30 Aug 2010, 19:06
Gender: Male

Sick pay

Post by robbertwhitton »

Can somyclarify the policy re sick pay,when I come to the end of my 6 months on full pay,it drops to half pay,who tops it up,the government?i in visage being off a bit more following hip replacement operation sometime soon,curybeen off since November,2020.many thanks,
barrychuckle
Posts: 144
Joined: 16 Jan 2008, 17:40

Re: Sick pay

Post by barrychuckle »

I don't think anyone tops it up unless you are on benefits. Also your half pay only lasts for 6 months less all the sick leave you've been paid from the past 4 years but this total does not include the last 6 months you've had on full pay.
kawa19_81
Posts: 7
Joined: 02 Aug 2011, 14:05
Gender: Male

Re: Sick pay

Post by kawa19_81 »

robbertwhitton wrote: ↑
04 Mar 2021, 06:48
Can somyclarify the policy re sick pay,when I come to the end of my 6 months on full pay,it drops to half pay,who tops it up,the government?i in visage being off a bit more following hip replacement operation sometime soon,curybeen off since November,2020.many thanks,
Im also in the same boat, waited 4 months to see a consultant on the NHS for a 2min examination then a referral to a clinic that’s closed! Now had to sell my shares and go private! Mythology sick pay ends in 5 weeks and would be grateful if anyone could shine some light to wether I can get any help to top up my wages either via the union or rowland hill fund etc. Thanks
User avatar
POSTMAN
SITE ADMINISTRATOR
Posts: 32801
Joined: 07 Aug 2006, 03:19
Gender: Male

Re: Sick pay

Post by POSTMAN »

If you are on tax credits of some sort you can contact them and tell them you are on a reduced income, it does not matter why you are on reduced income, it's a reduced income.
They will then amend your award and weekly payments.

For future referance for all RMCers.
I Wrote-During Covid-Which is still relevant now
It's good to get these types of threads, the ridiculous my manager said bollox, so we can reassure ourselves that while the world is falling apart, Royal Mail managers are still being the low-life C***S they have always been.
My BFF Clash
The daily grind of having to argue your case with an intellectual pigmy of a line manager is physically and emotionally draining.
barrychuckle
Posts: 144
Joined: 16 Jan 2008, 17:40

Re: Sick pay

Post by barrychuckle »

Always worth trying to claim PIP Personal Independence Payment. Some good info about it on the citizens advice website including how to fill out the claim form etc.
cardboard13
Posts: 14
Joined: 22 Feb 2011, 19:38
Gender: Male

Re: Sick pay

Post by cardboard13 »

can claim ESA , employment support allowance for up to 1 year, on long term sick myself
kawa19_81
Posts: 7
Joined: 02 Aug 2011, 14:05
Gender: Male

Re: Sick pay

Post by kawa19_81 »

cardboard13 wrote: ↑
04 Mar 2021, 18:38
can claim ESA , employment support allowance for up to 1 year, on long term sick myself
Literally got my letter this morning advising me my pay will reduce to half at the end of the month.
It then says I may be entitled to receive Statutory Sick Pay on top of the half pay? Has anyone received this letter? Has anyone else received SSP on top of their half pay? Is it something I need to claim for?
I’m going to have to try n sort a mortgage break if not :/
barrychuckle
Posts: 144
Joined: 16 Jan 2008, 17:40

Re: Sick pay

Post by barrychuckle »

You don't get SSP on top of half pay. I've been on half pay for two months and I've not claimed anything. I've been getting a tax rebate each week and only paying 65p national insurance so about £110 less than on full pay. I'm on a 30 hour contract.
cardboard13
Posts: 14
Joined: 22 Feb 2011, 19:38
Gender: Male

Re: Sick pay

Post by cardboard13 »

kawa19_81 wrote: ↑
05 Mar 2021, 10:26
cardboard13 wrote: ↑
04 Mar 2021, 18:38
can claim ESA , employment support allowance for up to 1 year, on long term sick myself
Literally got my letter this morning advising me my pay will reduce to half at the end of the month.
It then says I may be entitled to receive Statutory Sick Pay on top of the half pay? Has anyone received this letter? Has anyone else received SSP on top of their half pay? Is it something I need to claim for?
I’m going to have to try n sort a mortgage break if not :/
can claim ESA,