ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
Underpaid special
-
the mad woman
- Posts: 178
- Joined: 20 May 2007, 13:37
Underpaid special
Anybody know how much you get charged for an underpaid special
-
solar_plexus
- Posts: 37
- Joined: 18 Oct 2019, 20:26
- Gender: Male
Re: Underpaid special
£8 plus the shortfall, billed to the sender, presumably a business sender as it's impossible to send an underpaid Special via the post office. The recipient will never get charged for an underpaid Special.
-
the mad woman
- Posts: 178
- Joined: 20 May 2007, 13:37
Re: Underpaid special
I don’t know how but my granddaughter has sent some trainers back and they have not been delivered due to not enough postage I dont know what to do
-
TrueBlueTerrier
- FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
- Posts: 72738
- Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
- Gender: Male
- Location: On my couch
Re: Underpaid special
if the business do not pay then they'll be returned to the sender - if they have the senders address.the mad woman wrote: ↑03 Feb 2021, 19:55I don’t know how but my granddaughter has sent some trainers back and they have not been delivered due to not enough postage I dont know what to do
Other than that contact the business, explain the error and offer to pay the amount billed to them.
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
-
TrueBlueTerrier
- FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
- Posts: 72738
- Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
- Gender: Male
- Location: On my couch
Re: Underpaid special
Between £1.50 and £3.50 plus the missing postage.the mad woman wrote: ↑03 Feb 2021, 19:04Anybody know how much you get charged for an underpaid special
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
-
97gaz
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 1023
- Joined: 17 Dec 2008, 10:15
- Gender: Male
Re: Underpaid special
The recipient always got charged for an underpaid special at our office. Delivery Offices can't charge the sender and we wouldn't hold it up by by sending it to Revenue Protection so we sent them out with a card to be paid on receipt.solar_plexus wrote: ↑03 Feb 2021, 19:30£8 plus the shortfall, billed to the sender, presumably a business sender as it's impossible to send an underpaid Special via the post office. The recipient will never get charged for an underpaid Special.
-
terry1974
- Posts: 16
- Joined: 05 Apr 2014, 13:04
- Gender: Male
Re: Underpaid special
Do underpaid specials occur often. I cant recall one except for in the 1990s or 2000s a letter due at that time about 4pound odd for special at that time had just got a franking meter 19p on it for 2nd class. i have seen the odd special with freepost plus coding alongside and they have been delivered to banks, courts, dwp that sort of thing
-
Celgar
- Posts: 2795
- Joined: 01 Nov 2017, 17:11
- Gender: Male
Re: Underpaid special
We don't collect revenue on the door anymore as a rule. I have had odd occasions with the grey cards when the 'recipient' would give me the change so I could deliver the item the next day. I think the majority either pay online or pop in to the callers office to see if the item is rubbish or worth paying for.97gaz wrote: ↑04 Feb 2021, 18:09The recipient always got charged for an underpaid special at our office. Delivery Offices can't charge the sender and we wouldn't hold it up by by sending it to Revenue Protection so we sent them out with a card to be paid on receipt.solar_plexus wrote: ↑03 Feb 2021, 19:30£8 plus the shortfall, billed to the sender, presumably a business sender as it's impossible to send an underpaid Special via the post office. The recipient will never get charged for an underpaid Special.
The views I express here are mine alone and do not represent the views of Royal Mail Group.
-
Deadly
- Posts: 703
- Joined: 12 Jul 2014, 21:38
- Gender: Male
Re: Underpaid special
I've seen the meter thing quite recently, they'd paid for first class and then just stuck the special delivery barcode on the letter. I've also seen letters with the special delivery sticker on and no payment at all.terry1974 wrote: ↑03 May 2021, 04:03Do underpaid specials occur often. I cant recall one except for in the 1990s or 2000s a letter due at that time about 4pound odd for special at that time had just got a franking meter 19p on it for 2nd class. i have seen the odd special with freepost plus coding alongside and they have been delivered to banks, courts, dwp that sort of thing
-
Seymour Buts
- Posts: 1148
- Joined: 22 Jun 2017, 20:17
- Gender: Male
Re: Underpaid special
Ditto, had a metered that they'd just paid standard and stuck a special sticker on. Questioned it to management and was told to deliver as we'd now processed it and it'd come back as a failure against the office if we didn't attempt it. Must happen a lot.Deadly wrote: ↑03 May 2021, 13:32I've seen the meter thing quite recently, they'd paid for first class and then just stuck the special delivery barcode on the letter. I've also seen letters with the special delivery sticker on and no payment at all.terry1974 wrote: ↑03 May 2021, 04:03Do underpaid specials occur often. I cant recall one except for in the 1990s or 2000s a letter due at that time about 4pound odd for special at that time had just got a franking meter 19p on it for 2nd class. i have seen the odd special with freepost plus coding alongside and they have been delivered to banks, courts, dwp that sort of thing