ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
Socks
-
cheerful
- Posts: 90
- Joined: 29 Jun 2016, 21:30
- Gender: Male
Re: Socks
For winter, try Screwfix:
If your socks are rolling down, you probably want the Site socks, they have 1% spandex (aka lycra / elastane)
https://www.screwfix.com/p/site-comfort ... airs/8397d
The DeWalt and Cat socks are a looser fit (they lack spandex).
For summer, try some "Quarter socks", with a small amount of spandex in. They only come up to just above the ankle. I've had a few brands, as long as they've got a tiny bit of spandex they won't slip down.
If your socks are rolling down, you probably want the Site socks, they have 1% spandex (aka lycra / elastane)
https://www.screwfix.com/p/site-comfort ... airs/8397d
The DeWalt and Cat socks are a looser fit (they lack spandex).
For summer, try some "Quarter socks", with a small amount of spandex in. They only come up to just above the ankle. I've had a few brands, as long as they've got a tiny bit of spandex they won't slip down.
-
twoloops
- Posts: 2036
- Joined: 24 May 2017, 20:52
- Gender: Male
- Location: Sheffield
Re: Socks
I stock up @ Decathlon I buy different types long, short, ankle, they are that good I keep a few pairs for best.
https://www.decathlon.co.uk/browse/c0-s ... _/N-emx67q
Surprised our fantastic union haven’t sorted it out to be included in out kit? Along with the quality footwear & waterproof jackets RM provide
https://www.decathlon.co.uk/browse/c0-s ... _/N-emx67q
Surprised our fantastic union haven’t sorted it out to be included in out kit? Along with the quality footwear & waterproof jackets RM provide
-
ConeHater
- MAIL CENTRES/PROCESSING
- Posts: 1184
- Joined: 25 Sep 2020, 12:37
- Gender: Male
Re: Socks
. . . we could be provided with Royal Mail pants too !twoloops wrote: ↑24 Jan 2021, 05:38I stock up @ Decathlon I buy different types long, short, ankle, they are that good I keep a few pairs for best.
https://www.decathlon.co.uk/browse/c0-s ... _/N-emx67q
Surprised our fantastic union haven’t sorted it out to be included in out kit? Along with the quality footwear & waterproof jackets RM provide![]()
-
Peejay8T8
- Posts: 32
- Joined: 13 Mar 2020, 06:27
- Gender: Male
Re: Socks
I swear by the black workwear socks from Asda. Theyre a good thickness and don't roll down. https://direct.asda.com/george/men/sock ... DUtUzFGZlU.
-
iHateD2Ds
- Posts: 548
- Joined: 16 Apr 2008, 16:33
Re: Socks
Costco wool blend thick socks Hard wearing ,great for hiking ,& walking ,I wear them all year round.
Cheaper in store Pack of 4 around £14 (only in stock at winter)
https://www.costco.co.uk/Jewellery-Appa ... p/7699887L
Cheaper in store Pack of 4 around £14 (only in stock at winter)
https://www.costco.co.uk/Jewellery-Appa ... p/7699887L
-
Grumpyoldmailman
- Posts: 810
- Joined: 24 Nov 2019, 22:29
- Gender: Male