ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Paid for bank holiday while on annual leave

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
andybfc
Posts: 46
Joined: 27 Oct 2008, 18:28
Gender: Male

Paid for bank holiday while on annual leave

Post by andybfc »

Hi friends,

I was off on annual leave the week after Christmas. The bank holiday Monday of that week was my scheduled day off. I requested to be paid for the bank holiday Monday but I have now been told that I can't be paid as I was on annual leave. Surely this is bollocks?
Last edited by andybfc on 14 Jan 2021, 16:48, edited 1 time in total.
citypostie
Posts: 895
Joined: 08 Apr 2009, 19:42
Gender: Male

Re: Paid for bank holiday while on annual leave

Post by citypostie »

andybfc wrote: ↑
14 Jan 2021, 16:18
Hi friends,

I was off on annual leave the week after Christmas. I requested to be paid for the bank holiday Monday but I have now been told that I can't be paid as I was on annual leave. Surely this is bollocks?
No that's right, I was the same. If you look at your leave card you won't have used a days leave for the bank holidays(2 that week). If you book a weeks leave when there a bank holiday you only use 4 days
andybfc
Posts: 46
Joined: 27 Oct 2008, 18:28
Gender: Male

Re: Paid for bank holiday while on annual leave

Post by andybfc »

Sorry I forgot to add that the bank holiday Monday was also my scheduled day off that week.
citypostie
Posts: 895
Joined: 08 Apr 2009, 19:42
Gender: Male

Re: Paid for bank holiday while on annual leave

Post by citypostie »

andybfc wrote: ↑
14 Jan 2021, 16:47
Sorry I forgot to add that the bank holiday Monday was also my scheduled day off that week.
It was mine as well, that doesn't matter if you've booked annual leave. You don't get days credited back for your days off when you have annual leave normally do you?
97gaz
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 1023
Joined: 17 Dec 2008, 10:15
Gender: Male

Re: Paid for bank holiday while on annual leave

Post by 97gaz »

citypostie wrote: ↑
14 Jan 2021, 17:29
andybfc wrote: ↑
14 Jan 2021, 16:47
Sorry I forgot to add that the bank holiday Monday was also my scheduled day off that week.
It was mine as well, that doesn't matter if you've booked annual leave. You don't get days credited back for your days off when you have annual leave normally do you?
He will have used up five days holiday though while you will only have worked four days. The PSP system is quirky. If you have a rotating day off and the schedule is set correctly then it will only take four days holiday from you when you're on leave on a bank holiday week. However if your rest day is on that bank holiday day then it will take five days from you. When this happens then you need to make sure that a manual bank holiday credit is entered or they pay you for it. It's in an agreement somewhere that you can take it paid if you want.
citypostie
Posts: 895
Joined: 08 Apr 2009, 19:42
Gender: Male

Re: Paid for bank holiday while on annual leave

Post by citypostie »

97gaz wrote: ↑
14 Jan 2021, 22:51
citypostie wrote: ↑
14 Jan 2021, 17:29
andybfc wrote: ↑
14 Jan 2021, 16:47
Sorry I forgot to add that the bank holiday Monday was also my scheduled day off that week.
It was mine as well, that doesn't matter if you've booked annual leave. You don't get days credited back for your days off when you have annual leave normally do you?
He will have used up five days holiday though while you will only have worked four days. The PSP system is quirky. If you have a rotating day off and the schedule is set correctly then it will only take four days holiday from you when you're on leave on a bank holiday week. However if your rest day is on that bank holiday day then it will take five days from you. When this happens then you need to make sure that a manual bank holiday credit is entered or they pay you for it. It's in an agreement somewhere that you can take it paid if you want.
That happened to me last year because of Easter Monday. It took a while to get it sorted and I had to push it to the point where hr where contacted about it and finally backed me up. I was told then it was quirk that wouldn't happen again so not to worry about it! I always check my holiday sheet though