Thinking of moving down south, specifically to East Sussex, preferably Eastbourne, from Greater London area. I'm currently full time (always have been during my 12 years with RM). What is the exact process of requesting such transfer? Do I need to approach the delivery office I'm intending to move to and ask around? My manager doesn't seem to be to concerned or exactly helpful in this regard. I understand there is SuccessFactors portal where all internal jobs are being advertised, but is it the only route?
And finally, perhaps there are folks from that area here who could shed some light on offices they work for, whether they need staff part-time or FT and could put me in direct contact with managers? I've got no clue how to go about this to be honest as I've spent all my career in one delivery office.
To clarify, move is not motivated by my relations with current management or any internal issues between myself and RM. This is purely due to personal circumstances that have changed recently.
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
Requesting transfer
-
doorstepped
- Posts: 1063
- Joined: 10 Oct 2011, 23:17
- Gender: Male
- Location: Somewhere west of London
Re: Requesting transfer
contact the DOM's at the offices you want to move to ( details can be obtained from DOBI, ask your callers office staff )
I sent out an email to 14 offices when I moved all CC'd in together. and I got 8 answers, resulting in my getting a job in the area I required.
you will 99% have to move down to PT hours, I did when I moved just over 2 years ago and have still not managed to go back to FT :(
Good Luck :)
I sent out an email to 14 offices when I moved all CC'd in together. and I got 8 answers, resulting in my getting a job in the area I required.
you will 99% have to move down to PT hours, I did when I moved just over 2 years ago and have still not managed to go back to FT :(
Good Luck :)