Hi fellow posties
just wondered if you have any nuggets of wisdom for me?
23.5hr cover, over 3 days, been on a different walk/section due to covid since march. working 4 days from home to make up hours, plus another 2 days ot!
Been told today by depot manager i dont get paid for xmas day or new years day!
the reason given is because they are my rota working days i dont qualify.
If i was not rotad I would!
I offered my built up hours they owe me to pay for the days but they said no, cant do it? I thought that was the idea of building up hours owed?
xmas will be my long weekend, so im not rotad to be in Monday, so they will pay me!
how the hell does that work?
Also I have been doing an extra day free of charge to add to my 3 days to make up hours, if im only doing 2 days and a non paid bank holiday (next couple of weeks) should i still do extra day or 2 thirds of it?
I cant believe this company, what a shower...
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
Christmas day pay?
-
k979aaa
- Posts: 12578
- Joined: 03 Sep 2007, 19:14
- Gender: Male
- Location: THE NORTH
Re: Christmas day pay?
The stress is palpable take that as you will.
-
vinny
- Posts: 17
- Joined: 05 Oct 2009, 18:50
- Gender: Male
Re: Christmas day pay?
If your day off falls on a bank holiday you do get a day in lieu
-
k979aaa
- Posts: 12578
- Joined: 03 Sep 2007, 19:14
- Gender: Male
- Location: THE NORTH
-
midegarelu
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 414
- Joined: 12 Sep 2009, 07:09
- Gender: Male
- Location: somewhere over the rainbow
Re: Christmas day pay?
sardonicus wrote: ↑18 Dec 2020, 19:43Hi fellow posties
just wondered if you have any nuggets of wisdom for me?
23.5hr cover, over 3 days, been on a different walk/section due to covid since march. working 4 days from home to make up hours, plus another 2 days ot!
Been told today by depot manager i dont get paid for xmas day or new years day!
the reason given is because they are my rota working days i dont qualify.
If i was not rotad I would!
I offered my built up hours they owe me to pay for the days but they said no, cant do it? I thought that was the idea of building up hours owed?
xmas will be my long weekend, so im not rotad to be in Monday, so they will pay me!
how the hell does that work?
Also I have been doing an extra day free of charge to add to my 3 days to make up hours, if im only doing 2 days and a non paid bank holiday (next couple of weeks) should i still do extra day or 2 thirds of it?
I cant believe this company, what a shower...
My words of wisdom
WHAT THE HELL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
3 day week - working 4 days from home?
Built up hours - big no no.
Working extra day free of charge.
I repeat - WHAT THE HELL!!!!!!!!!!!!!
This company is give and take - you give and they take the piss !!!!
"We employ you so we can sack you"
-
rogersh
- MAIL CENTRES/PROCESSING
- Posts: 1374
- Joined: 26 Oct 2011, 11:31
- Gender: Male
Re: Christmas day pay?
If you are contracted for a 3 day week you are entitled to 5 paid Bank Holidays (pro-rata)