ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Does RM fund training for a cat C or C+E license

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
Nietsboi
Posts: 7
Joined: 02 Mar 2020, 18:44
Gender: Male

Does RM fund training for a cat C or C+E license

Post by Nietsboi »

I'm interested in learning how to drive a cat C/C+E hgv and I was wondering does RM provide training or funding for it or do you need to pay out of your own pocket?
thedonkey
Posts: 141
Joined: 28 Nov 2016, 13:57
Gender: Male

Re: Does RM fund training for a cat C or C+E license

Post by thedonkey »

Love your optimism. They begrudge having to pay for PPE during a pandemic. Blokes in our MC have funded their own training and driving lessons on the back of promises to get a job on the driving with nothing materialising.
Alexei
Posts: 222
Joined: 23 Jul 2017, 18:01
Gender: Male

Re: Does RM fund training for a cat C or C+E license

Post by Alexei »

I recall an initiative maybe five years ago where RM would train 500 or so drivers requiring the least amount of training, it was open to the public though with no preferential treatment to current employees, if I recall correctly. I'm sure I read here that RM managed to fill the positions with little to no training required. It's a desirable job, so understandably had many applicants. I could just be remembering completely wrong, however :d'oh!
1on4
MAIL CENTRES/PROCESSING
Posts: 34
Joined: 19 Aug 2013, 20:30
Gender: Female

Re: Does RM fund training for a cat C or C+E license

Post by 1on4 »

In a word, no.