Basically my pay was stopped last week but was added onto this weeks pay.
My pay slip this week shows this weeks hours and supplement and last weeks hours and supplement in arrears. (38hrs X2)
The Tax and NI contributions have been calculated as though I have earned my pay in a single week opposed to 2 weeks
Will this be payed back through Payroll automatically or do I need to contact them?
(I have calculated I was paid £62 for last week opposed to £372 normally paid after deductions!)
Thanks
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
Advice Please Tax and NIC over-payment on arrears owed
-
iHateD2Ds
- Posts: 548
- Joined: 16 Apr 2008, 16:33
-
Schiff
- Posts: 544
- Joined: 01 Nov 2016, 22:02
- Gender: Male
Re: Advice Please Tax and NIC over-payment on arrears owed
You will need to contact payroll and will need to try to get through to the right person who understands the issue and can put it right. Don't be fobbed off by people you speak to who insist that they have put your pay right simply be giving you the correct gross pay. If it was RM who cocked up in the first place then they should put you back in the same net position that you would have been in if they hadn't cocked up in the first place.
I had the same happen to me a couple of years ago and it must have taken a dozen phone calls (and speaking to managers, threatening to make a formal complaint etc) before I found someone who appreciated the problem and would take the time to correct it properly.
I had the same happen to me a couple of years ago and it must have taken a dozen phone calls (and speaking to managers, threatening to make a formal complaint etc) before I found someone who appreciated the problem and would take the time to correct it properly.
-
iHateD2Ds
- Posts: 548
- Joined: 16 Apr 2008, 16:33
Re: Advice Please Tax and NIC over-payment on arrears owed
I phoned payroll and was fobbed off with My Tax and NI contributions should adjust in time.Schiff wrote: ↑10 Dec 2020, 13:03You will need to contact payroll and will need to try to get through to the right person who understands the issue and can put it right. Don't be fobbed off by people you speak to who insist that they have put your pay right simply be giving you the correct gross pay. If it was RM who cocked up in the first place then they should put you back in the same net position that you would have been in if they hadn't cocked up in the first place.
I had the same happen to me a couple of years ago and it must have taken a dozen phone calls (and speaking to managers, threatening to make a formal complaint etc) before I found someone who appreciated the problem and would take the time to correct it properly.
Whether thats true Im unsure?
Also I was not reimbursed part of the week previous (4 Days)
Was told I needed to contact my line manager to authorized that part week.
Reckon in total £310 down!
-
Schiff
- Posts: 544
- Joined: 01 Nov 2016, 22:02
- Gender: Male
Re: Advice Please Tax and NIC over-payment on arrears owed
If you have a cumulative tax code then your tax should adjust. If yours is an emergency tax code then you might have to wait months to get the tax back from the tax man. NI contributions are different as each week is looked at separately. You need to keep phoning and escalate the call to managers or the next tier until you get to speak to someone who understands this and who knows how to put it right for you.iHateD2Ds wrote: ↑10 Dec 2020, 16:43I phoned payroll and was fobbed off with My Tax and NI contributions should adjust in time.Schiff wrote: ↑10 Dec 2020, 13:03You will need to contact payroll and will need to try to get through to the right person who understands the issue and can put it right. Don't be fobbed off by people you speak to who insist that they have put your pay right simply be giving you the correct gross pay. If it was RM who cocked up in the first place then they should put you back in the same net position that you would have been in if they hadn't cocked up in the first place.
I had the same happen to me a couple of years ago and it must have taken a dozen phone calls (and speaking to managers, threatening to make a formal complaint etc) before I found someone who appreciated the problem and would take the time to correct it properly.
Whether thats true Im unsure?
-
Route1
- Posts: 369
- Joined: 05 Jun 2015, 00:48
- Gender: Female
Re: Advice Please Tax and NIC over-payment on arrears owed
If you want to get it fixed quickily its going to be phone calls & getting fobbed off.
The tax will get fixed at some point if left alone. I've had tax refunds from HMRC two years after the incident because i paid too much tax that year
The tax will get fixed at some point if left alone. I've had tax refunds from HMRC two years after the incident because i paid too much tax that year
-
iHateD2Ds
- Posts: 548
- Joined: 16 Apr 2008, 16:33
Re: Advice Please Tax and NIC over-payment on arrears owed
Yeah ,I guess the tax will sort itself out but I’m not sure about National Insurance contributions will?
Really Pissed off with the situation.
Really Pissed off with the situation.