ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
Christmas bonus for staff
-
2yearpostie
- Posts: 1839
- Joined: 03 Mar 2020, 15:36
- Gender: Male
Christmas bonus for staff
Confirmed on cwu facebook as being paid to posties on 18th Dec.
-
Trumanity
- Posts: 338
- Joined: 03 Aug 2012, 13:08
- Gender: Male
Re: Christmas bonus for staff
Part time pro rata shaft bonus2yearpostie wrote: ↑09 Dec 2020, 15:18Confirmed on cwu facebook as being paid to posties on 18th Dec.
-
Rumple
- Posts: 429
- Joined: 20 Nov 2013, 10:45
- Gender: Male
Re: Christmas bonus for staff
Would it be fair for a 8 hr/p/w (Saturday only) to get the same bonus as a 25, 32 or a 38 hr/p/w?Trumanity wrote: ↑09 Dec 2020, 15:31
Part time pro rata shaft bonus2yearpostie wrote: ↑09 Dec 2020, 15:18Confirmed on cwu facebook as being paid to posties on 18th Dec.
-
Cedar_Room
- Posts: 826
- Joined: 31 Aug 2007, 14:09
Re: Christmas bonus for staff
When I first started on the post,I too was PT & I too received the pro-Rata Christmas bonus. It’s not a new thing but I honestly don’t remember this amount of moaning about us getting less than our full time colleagues. Maybe social media & to the invention of the internet is to blame...
“Shorts,in this weather?!”
“If they’re bills I don’t want ‘em!”
“What’s she been ordering now?”
“If they’re bills I don’t want ‘em!”
“What’s she been ordering now?”
-
Navalron
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 1044
- Joined: 12 Aug 2017, 10:40
- Gender: Male
- Location: Glasgow
Re: Christmas bonus for staff
No but the so called 35 your full time are not getting the full bonus either. They are still part time. The union conned again. They will get about£88.
-
tractorboy2
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 545
- Joined: 18 Jan 2012, 11:03
- Gender: Male
-
Trumanity
- Posts: 338
- Joined: 03 Aug 2012, 13:08
- Gender: Male
Re: Christmas bonus for staff
Most of the part-timers I work with, including myself, work more hours than their full-time colleagues and do this over 6 days a week without a day off during the week. That is the point. If and when I can afford to take a week's holiday I get 27.5 basic pay only. Last week I did 35+ hours of overtime. This has pretty much been the case since March. PTimers were promised in the four pillars agreement that they would be offered full-time contracts if they were regularly working up to and over full-time hours. This was reneged on even though my office has loads of full-time vacancies. It's not moaning. It's about being fair. The holiday pay issue regarding average over time has now become an illegal policy since April 2020. I'll continue to moan until this company treats it's staff equitably.Cedar_Room wrote: ↑10 Dec 2020, 15:23When I first started on the post,I too was PT & I too received the pro-Rata Christmas bonus. It’s not a new thing but I honestly don’t remember this amount of moaning about us getting less than our full time colleagues. Maybe social media & to the invention of the internet is to blame...
-
Dexydog
- Posts: 887
- Joined: 14 Jan 2017, 13:54
- Gender: Male
Re: Christmas bonus for staff
100% correct and well said.
-
TheoF95
- Posts: 57
- Joined: 20 Jan 2019, 10:07
- Gender: Male
Re: Christmas bonus for staff
I am with you on this! I am on a 25:00 contract PT reserve. Last 2 years i have covered a FT 38:00 duty including gen sort, IP and Del. The full duty. 2 years. The duty is vacant but i can't be made up and they have not advertised it.Trumanity wrote: ↑11 Dec 2020, 15:19Most of the part-timers I work with, including myself, work more hours than their full-time colleagues and do this over 6 days a week without a day off during the week. That is the point. If and when I can afford to take a week's holiday I get 27.5 basic pay only. Last week I did 35+ hours of overtime. This has pretty much been the case since March. PTimers were promised in the four pillars agreement that they would be offered full-time contracts if they were regularly working up to and over full-time hours. This was reneged on even though my office has loads of full-time vacancies. It's not moaning. It's about being fair. The holiday pay issue regarding average over time has now become an illegal policy since April 2020. I'll continue to moan until this company treats it's staff equitably.Cedar_Room wrote: ↑10 Dec 2020, 15:23When I first started on the post,I too was PT & I too received the pro-Rata Christmas bonus. It’s not a new thing but I honestly don’t remember this amount of moaning about us getting less than our full time colleagues. Maybe social media & to the invention of the internet is to blame...
-
Trumanity
- Posts: 338
- Joined: 03 Aug 2012, 13:08
- Gender: Male
Re: Christmas bonus for staff
Thanks for the support. I don't think it is moaning. I've worked for this company for over a decade. It took me 5 years to get my contract made permanent rather than those annual renewing fixed-term contracts. I've always done overtime and pulled my weight. I just get frustrated when there are vacancies and part-timers aren't rewarded with the opportunity to up their hours guaranteed. Remember the Four Pillars stated: "Part-time colleagues’ contracted hours will be jointly reviewed every March and September. Where appropriate, increased contracted hours will be offered to reflect the hours actually worked and planned." I have never had a review, yet there are plenty of FT vacancies. If that is moaning then I'm moaning.TheoF95 wrote: ↑11 Dec 2020, 15:50I am with you on this! I am on a 25:00 contract PT reserve. Last 2 years i have covered a FT 38:00 duty including gen sort, IP and Del. The full duty. 2 years. The duty is vacant but i can't be made up and they have not advertised it.Trumanity wrote: ↑11 Dec 2020, 15:19Most of the part-timers I work with, including myself, work more hours than their full-time colleagues and do this over 6 days a week without a day off during the week. That is the point. If and when I can afford to take a week's holiday I get 27.5 basic pay only. Last week I did 35+ hours of overtime. This has pretty much been the case since March. PTimers were promised in the four pillars agreement that they would be offered full-time contracts if they were regularly working up to and over full-time hours. This was reneged on even though my office has loads of full-time vacancies. It's not moaning. It's about being fair. The holiday pay issue regarding average over time has now become an illegal policy since April 2020. I'll continue to moan until this company treats it's staff equitably.Cedar_Room wrote: ↑10 Dec 2020, 15:23When I first started on the post,I too was PT & I too received the pro-Rata Christmas bonus. It’s not a new thing but I honestly don’t remember this amount of moaning about us getting less than our full time colleagues. Maybe social media & to the invention of the internet is to blame...
-
world class male
- Posts: 903
- Joined: 03 Jul 2013, 15:29
- Gender: Male
Re: Christmas bonus for staff
i thought any part timers who worked FT hours even if not made up temp still got the full xmas bonus?
sure i once got the rest added in early jan
sure i once got the rest added in early jan
-
Trumanity
- Posts: 338
- Joined: 03 Aug 2012, 13:08
- Gender: Male
Re: Christmas bonus for staff
Bonuses should be paid on hours worked not pro-rata. How is it that the delivery supplement is paid to indoor staff when they don't deliver? How is it that the next round of revisions will be decided by seniority? How is it that full-time staff not completing full duties were paid full covid bonuses when part-time staff completing duties and carrying out extra overtime were paid pro-rata?Rumple wrote: ↑10 Dec 2020, 14:06Would it be fair for an 8 hr/p/w (Saturday only) to get the same bonus as a 25, 32, or a 38 hr/p/w?Trumanity wrote: ↑09 Dec 2020, 15:31
Part time pro rata shaft bonus2yearpostie wrote: ↑09 Dec 2020, 15:18Confirmed on cwu facebook as being paid to posties on 18th Dec.
How is it that by wrapping up the Average Pay on Annual Leave issue, that affects all staff who carry out overtime, in legal wrangling the company is in effect breaking the law (*see below)?
These are not fair and equitable policies. They are anachronistic.
*The Good Work Plan became law on 6th April 2020 and introduced several new measures designed to provide clearer and fairer terms of employment for individuals. These changes include the right to a contract of employment from the first day of employment as well as changes to the way holiday pay is calculated. From 6th April 2020 Holiday pay should be calculated over a 52-week reference period therefore when a colleague takes annual leave, their holiday pay should be worked out to include any paid overtime worked within a rolling 52 weeks period.
-
Cedar_Room
- Posts: 826
- Joined: 31 Aug 2007, 14:09
Re: Christmas bonus for staff
Fair enough. Part timers in my office have been made up fairly regularly over the past few years. We have people with less than 5yrs service who are now on 35hr contracts.Trumanity wrote: ↑11 Dec 2020, 16:12Thanks for the support. I don't think it is moaning. I've worked for this company for over a decade. It took me 5 years to get my contract made permanent rather than those annual renewing fixed-term contracts. I've always done overtime and pulled my weight. I just get frustrated when there are vacancies and part-timers aren't rewarded with the opportunity to up their hours guaranteed. Remember the Four Pillars stated: "Part-time colleagues’ contracted hours will be jointly reviewed every March and September. Where appropriate, increased contracted hours will be offered to reflect the hours actually worked and planned." I have never had a review, yet there are plenty of FT vacancies. If that is moaning then I'm moaning.TheoF95 wrote: ↑11 Dec 2020, 15:50I am with you on this! I am on a 25:00 contract PT reserve. Last 2 years i have covered a FT 38:00 duty including gen sort, IP and Del. The full duty. 2 years. The duty is vacant but i can't be made up and they have not advertised it.Trumanity wrote: ↑11 Dec 2020, 15:19Most of the part-timers I work with, including myself, work more hours than their full-time colleagues and do this over 6 days a week without a day off during the week. That is the point. If and when I can afford to take a week's holiday I get 27.5 basic pay only. Last week I did 35+ hours of overtime. This has pretty much been the case since March. PTimers were promised in the four pillars agreement that they would be offered full-time contracts if they were regularly working up to and over full-time hours. This was reneged on even though my office has loads of full-time vacancies. It's not moaning. It's about being fair. The holiday pay issue regarding average over time has now become an illegal policy since April 2020. I'll continue to moan until this company treats it's staff equitably.Cedar_Room wrote: ↑10 Dec 2020, 15:23When I first started on the post,I too was PT & I too received the pro-Rata Christmas bonus. It’s not a new thing but I honestly don’t remember this amount of moaning about us getting less than our full time colleagues. Maybe social media & to the invention of the internet is to blame...
The position you are in sounds very frustrating & I would be annoyed too! Hope it is rectified in the next agreement & you are rewarded with a decent contract...
“Shorts,in this weather?!”
“If they’re bills I don’t want ‘em!”
“What’s she been ordering now?”
“If they’re bills I don’t want ‘em!”
“What’s she been ordering now?”
-
IloveMYredTROLLEY!
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 1923
- Joined: 02 Apr 2010, 06:54
- Gender: Male
Re: Christmas bonus for staff
One part of the bonus is based on your written contract hours compared to 38 hour full time, the other bonus is based on contract hours plus any overtime up to a 38 hour week, with (overtime?) part of this paid in new year... Or at least that's what I thought.world class male wrote: ↑11 Dec 2020, 16:32i thought any part timers who worked FT hours even if not made up temp still got the full xmas bonus?
sure i once got the rest added in early jan
-
Trumanity
- Posts: 338
- Joined: 03 Aug 2012, 13:08
- Gender: Male
Re: Christmas bonus for staff
Thanks for letting me know that. I'll see if that is the case in the next week or so. On the issue of making up PT to FT I think it's pretty clear that they are looking to clear out the ranks and fill the holes with overtime and temps.IloveMYredTROLLEY! wrote: ↑11 Dec 2020, 16:45One part of the bonus is based on your written contract hours compared to 38 hour full time, the other bonus is based on contract hours plus any overtime up to a 38 hour week, with (overtime?) part of this paid in new year... Or at least that's what I thought.world class male wrote: ↑11 Dec 2020, 16:32i thought any part timers who worked FT hours even if not made up temp still got the full xmas bonus?
sure i once got the rest added in early jan