ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
EVR/IHR
-
robbertwhitton
- Posts: 1132
- Joined: 30 Aug 2010, 19:06
- Gender: Male
EVR/IHR
A common thread on this forum,but has anyone had recent dealings with this and looked into it or been offered it? Just been signed off sick through continuous knee pain following jarring my knee large radial tear of the meniscus,and continued osteoarthritis in my hip,am 59 and done 38 years,office savings being branded about as ever,but nobody has approached me on this ,they know I would happily go,
-
Sugar
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 431
- Joined: 08 Jul 2007, 07:57
- Gender: Female
EVR/IHR
I went at the beginning of the year after 20 years and personally I'm glad to be out. Mentally and physically the jobs been ruined and although I do miss some aspects of it there's a lot more things I don't miss. Stress levels have plummeted and physically I'm slowly getting back to what I was like before starting the job, all be it with a lot of hard work from myself on that front. The pay off was enough to go so we made some adjustments to our major outgoings to give us plenty of breathing space whilst I got ready to start work again. Depending on how long you are going to be signed off for it might be worth speaking with manager and union rep about a referral to OH and speaking to them about the best option for you, which I'm guessing is to go on IHR. Going on IHR would be far cheaper for them than letting you go via EVR so that's something to think about if you go down the IHR route. Other option is to hold out as long as possible on sick leave to see if EVR does get offered.robbertwhitton wrote:A common thread on this forum,but has anyone had recent dealings with this and looked into it or been offered it? Just been signed off sick through continuous knee pain following jarring my knee large radial tear of the meniscus,and continued osteoarthritis in my hip,am 59 and done 38 years,office savings being branded about as ever,but nobody has approached me on this ,they know I would happily go,
I walked out with a lump sum, shares, unused holiday pay and 12 weeks PILON. Then applied for ESA, got that but could not go for universal credit due to too many savings. Depending on the severity of your knee issues you could also claim sick money and disability payments due to not being able to get work straight away due to your current condition. I used this charity to see what we could apply forhttps://benefits-calculator.turn2us.org.uk/AboutYou" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; along with speaking to citizens advice. Both helped a lot as it's a bit of a minefield out there.
-
robbertwhitton
- Posts: 1132
- Joined: 30 Aug 2010, 19:06
- Gender: Male
EVR/IHR
Many thanks for your refreshing reply much appreciated,have had a referral for both my knee and hip so will see,boss tends to paint a gloomy picture of how to manage me etc,but sure there is something that can be offered,if this 3 months absence forces them to act?i have taken my pension lump sum a few years ago and been enrolled in a new one,like most on here have said many years in this job will take its toll on your body,and would hate to think Royal Mail didn’t completely care?as well as thar,the office politics rumbles on which doesn’t sit well with me at all!
-
Sugar
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 431
- Joined: 08 Jul 2007, 07:57
- Gender: Female
EVR/IHR
Typical response from a royal fail manager, paint it gloomy so the other party feels guilty and just gets on with it irrespective of the consequences. They'd never get a management job outside in the real world.robbertwhitton wrote:Many thanks for your refreshing reply much appreciated,have had a referral for both my knee and hip so will see,boss tends to paint a gloomy picture of how to manage me etc,but sure there is something that can be offered,if this 3 months absence forces them to act?i have taken my pension lump sum a few years ago and been enrolled in a new one,like most on here have said many years in this job will take its toll on your body,and would hate to think Royal Mail didn’t completely care?as well as thar,the office politics rumbles on which doesn’t sit well with me at all!
Office politics, pi$$ poor management and no appreciation for doing a good job, just watching others get rewarded and an easier ride for cutting every corner in the book pretty much sealed it for me to get out. No wage packet it worth the sh!t you have to deal with in that company. They ruin good workers in favour of overtime barons and run-around Charlies.
TBH they don't care, too many out there still think the job is a lot easier than it actually is so there's always plenty of applicants to take your place.
Good luck with whatever option you decide to take.
-
hothothot
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 422
- Joined: 06 Sep 2016, 13:15
- Gender: Male
EVR/IHR
I went 2 years ago on ihr , I got my lump sum ,cashed in my shares, pilon, plus I claimed back tax. I am 60 now so I've retired early, i worked for royal mail for 25 years, in the end ihr was the best thing that could have happened to me. The job in the end had changed so much, the stress bulling by management etc. I am honestly say I've never been so happy. I do miss the banter with my old colleagues. Good luck whatever do .