ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
Automated Clocking
-
Gold Fox
- Posts: 313
- Joined: 06 Jun 2014, 20:50
- Gender: Female
Automated Clocking
Is there any delivery office which has this system? If yes, how is working ? any problem ? everybody happy ?
-
2yearpostie
- Posts: 1839
- Joined: 03 Mar 2020, 15:36
- Gender: Male
Automated Clocking
Not in my office, but in the warehouse i worked at before RM, if you were wanted in from 7am-5pm as long as clock in at 6;59 and out at 5;01 there arent any issues its quite normal and simple everywhere apart from rm and nothing to worry about.
-
Deadly
- Posts: 703
- Joined: 12 Jul 2014, 21:38
- Gender: Male
Automated Clocking
I think some offices already have the hardware installed ready to go.
-
worktotime
- Posts: 2866
- Joined: 14 May 2010, 20:47
- Gender: Male
Automated Clocking
i cant see an issues with this to be honest , i have worked at other places that you use to clock in and out , so there was no signing a bit of paper to start and your finish (if they can be bothered ) and you get paid for what you worked , so there was no ghost o/t or deals with managers as this went straight to a wage dept so they was no issues with your wages . 
-
afcdibby
- PARCELFORCE
- Posts: 89
- Joined: 26 Mar 2015, 20:58
- Gender: Male
Automated Clocking
It's the year 2020. Only dinosaurs would object to this.
-
matthew68
- Posts: 516
- Joined: 16 Feb 2011, 22:10
- Gender: Male
Automated Clocking
Well that’s the full timers who finish 2 hours early every day thenafcdibby wrote:It's the year 2020. Only dinosaurs would object to this.
-
HTPostman
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 1505
- Joined: 01 Sep 2008, 23:53
- Gender: Male
Automated Clocking
I’ve nothing to hide so I’ve no objection to it. I start on time, finish on time unless I agree to OT.
I do wonder though how it will work - take Saturday for example when everyone is on a flyer. If it’s linked directory to wages/payroll, and you clock out an hour early, will that hour be taken from your pay? Is that what the union (and some of the workforce) are worried about?
I do wonder though how it will work - take Saturday for example when everyone is on a flyer. If it’s linked directory to wages/payroll, and you clock out an hour early, will that hour be taken from your pay? Is that what the union (and some of the workforce) are worried about?
The day is gonna come when we’re all gonna have to testify.
526
526
-
TheTrolleyMan
- Posts: 776
- Joined: 13 Mar 2017, 15:39
- Gender: Male
Automated Clocking
Oh no ! So all the Arse kissing is going to stop ?
-
TheTrolleyMan
- Posts: 776
- Joined: 13 Mar 2017, 15:39
- Gender: Male
Automated Clocking
Any jobs at yoyr office ? It sounds like Saturday's are a breezeHTPostman wrote:I’ve nothing to hide so I’ve no objection to it. I start on time, finish on time unless I agree to OT.
I do wonder though how it will work - take Saturday for example when everyone is on a flyer. If it’s linked directory to wages/payroll, and you clock out an hour early, will that hour be taken from your pay? Is that what the union (and some of the workforce) are worried about?
-
HTPostman
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 1505
- Joined: 01 Sep 2008, 23:53
- Gender: Male
Automated Clocking
Finish time is 3pm, most are done by 2.15, there’s only I reckon 10% who actually finish at 3. I bet other offices finish even earlier.TheTrolleyMan wrote:Any jobs at yoyr office ? It sounds like Saturday's are a breezeHTPostman wrote:I’ve nothing to hide so I’ve no objection to it. I start on time, finish on time unless I agree to OT.
I do wonder though how it will work - take Saturday for example when everyone is on a flyer. If it’s linked directory to wages/payroll, and you clock out an hour early, will that hour be taken from your pay? Is that what the union (and some of the workforce) are worried about?
The day is gonna come when we’re all gonna have to testify.
526
526
-
Zicomurphy
- Posts: 579
- Joined: 24 Oct 2014, 06:40
- Gender: Male
Automated Clocking
Anyone who is happy about this might want to wait to see what it actually entails. Likely to be linked to some kind of banking of hours/annualised hours/flexible working alongside outdoor performance standards.
-
postmanpat
- Posts: 50
- Joined: 29 Jan 2007, 17:46
Automated Clocking
Zicomurphy wrote:Anyone who is happy about this might want to wait to see what it actually entails. Likely to be linked to some kind of banking of hours/annualised hours/flexible working alongside outdoor performance standards.
What are 'outdoor performance standards'???
-
afcdibby
- PARCELFORCE
- Posts: 89
- Joined: 26 Mar 2015, 20:58
- Gender: Male
Automated Clocking
Do you start on time and finish on time?Zicomurphy wrote:Anyone who is happy about this might want to wait to see what it actually entails. Likely to be linked to some kind of banking of hours/annualised hours/flexible working alongside outdoor performance standards.
-
worktotime
- Posts: 2866
- Joined: 14 May 2010, 20:47
- Gender: Male
Automated Clocking
why dont these people go and retry deliver the item they have slipped ? so they finish on time ?HTPostman wrote:Finish time is 3pm, most are done by 2.15, there’s only I reckon 10% who actually finish at 3. I bet other offices finish even earlier.TheTrolleyMan wrote:Any jobs at yoyr office ? It sounds like Saturday's are a breezeHTPostman wrote:I’ve nothing to hide so I’ve no objection to it. I start on time, finish on time unless I agree to OT.
I do wonder though how it will work - take Saturday for example when everyone is on a flyer. If it’s linked directory to wages/payroll, and you clock out an hour early, will that hour be taken from your pay? Is that what the union (and some of the workforce) are worried about?
-
worktotime
- Posts: 2866
- Joined: 14 May 2010, 20:47
- Gender: Male
Automated Clocking
you cant judge everybody on the same level , due to all different stuff , amount of parcels , call rate , attendance calls starting early ( for free ) using the methods , etc , unless everybody is on a level playing field i dont think that would work . its simple work your hours you are paid .Zicomurphy wrote:Anyone who is happy about this might want to wait to see what it actually entails. Likely to be linked to some kind of banking of hours/annualised hours/flexible working alongside outdoor performance standards.