ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
van share covid
-
dohnut
- Posts: 658
- Joined: 28 Sep 2007, 17:15
- Gender: Male
van share covid
Does anyone else have to partner up with someone who doesnt drive for royalmail but can drive, so you have to do all the driving, collect from boxes, sign the van off, fill the van up, ect ect. And at the moment for the last 6 months take the van back and pouch off while partner gets to drive back home and put his feet up?.
-
Philbag70
- Posts: 114
- Joined: 09 Aug 2019, 13:35
- Gender: Male
van share covid
Yup. Exactly that. My 'passenger' finished at 11 today and I still had 2 loops plus parcels. I still finished at 1, so no complaints, but it's not an even playing field at present.
-
aiden01
- MAIL CENTRES/PROCESSING
- Posts: 7001
- Joined: 27 Feb 2013, 21:43
- Gender: Male
van share covid
So between you an your partner you have made 3 hours at least so why even talk about it never mind complain.Philbag70 wrote:Yup. Exactly that. My 'passenger' finished at 11 today and I still had 2 loops plus parcels. I still finished at 1, so no complaints, but it's not an even playing field at present.
-
aiden01
- MAIL CENTRES/PROCESSING
- Posts: 7001
- Joined: 27 Feb 2013, 21:43
- Gender: Male
van share covid
Sorry you didnt complain but what level of playing field would you like. finish 1 1/2 hrs early each an maybe somebody else is 3 hrs over is that fair.or would you both be glad to help out fellow posties.aiden01 wrote:So between you an your partner you have made 3 hours at least so why even talk about it never mind complain.Philbag70 wrote:Yup. Exactly that. My 'passenger' finished at 11 today and I still had 2 loops plus parcels. I still finished at 1, so no complaints, but it's not an even playing field at present.
-
Rommagic
- Posts: 1518
- Joined: 10 Sep 2007, 16:52
van share covid
One of the posties at my office drives the other don't,driver gets help then jumps in the van back at the office in no time while the walker has another 40 mins walk home.
-
Cucumber
- Posts: 1052
- Joined: 09 Dec 2018, 10:24
- Gender: Female
van share covid
The issue the company has at the moment is that they realise that without greasing the palms of some staff through either early finishes and/or payment to use their own vehicles then there would be even more mail/packets failing than there is already.
Wait until the horrendous Christmas that is fast approaching - what if every single person turns round and says "I'm using my own car from now on". Who brings the mail out then?
Wait until the horrendous Christmas that is fast approaching - what if every single person turns round and says "I'm using my own car from now on". Who brings the mail out then?
-
dohnut
- Posts: 658
- Joined: 28 Sep 2007, 17:15
- Gender: Male
van share covid
The company should just say to everyone that has a driving licence that isn't driving for royal mail, either you drive or look elsewhere for another job, not talking about people who dont have licence or maybe are disabled ect. Sick of being baby sitter for lazy/ignorant people.
-
Cucumber
- Posts: 1052
- Joined: 09 Dec 2018, 10:24
- Gender: Female
van share covid
What right to RM have to make you drive unless contracted?dohnut wrote:The company should just say to everyone that has a driving licence that isn't driving for royal mail, either you drive or look elsewhere for another job, not talking about people who dont have licence or maybe are disabled ect. Sick of being baby sitter for lazy/ignorant people.
-
dohnut
- Posts: 658
- Joined: 28 Sep 2007, 17:15
- Gender: Male
van share covid
I signed the changeover 10 plus years ago with the idea it would give me more opportunities in the business, more fool me, I have to ferry about pr**s like you.Cucumber wrote:What right to RM have to make you drive unless contracted?dohnut wrote:The company should just say to everyone that has a driving licence that isn't driving for royal mail, either you drive or look elsewhere for another job, not talking about people who dont have licence or maybe are disabled ect. Sick of being baby sitter for lazy/ignorant people.
-
Philbag70
- Posts: 114
- Joined: 09 Aug 2019, 13:35
- Gender: Male
van share covid
Where did I complain? Read my post properly before trying to make smart arse comments. I clearly stated ' no complaints' . I was merely responding to the OP question.aiden01 wrote:So between you an your partner you have made 3 hours at least so why even talk about it never mind complain.Philbag70 wrote:Yup. Exactly that. My 'passenger' finished at 11 today and I still had 2 loops plus parcels. I still finished at 1, so no complaints, but it's not an even playing field at present.
You've made yourself look very foolish.
-
Woody Guthrie
- Posts: 5166
- Joined: 29 Sep 2018, 20:47
- Gender: Male
van share covid
The first post was one long complaint and you replied "Yup. Exactly that."Where did I complain?
It's complaining by proxy.
Only dead fish follow the current
-
Ricardo44
- Posts: 164
- Joined: 15 Dec 2013, 20:34
- Gender: Male
van share covid
Its usual for the van shares in my office to finish off the packets and signed fors between them and then the walker stays out and finishes off the mail, last loop or two, then goes home while the driver takes the van back and pouches off. So thats fair and both are happy.
-
koolishy67
- Posts: 665
- Joined: 04 Nov 2010, 21:02
- Gender: Male
van share covid
Everyday my patner finished hour before me after keep complaining to the manager finally he listen to me and now my patner doing 7 loops 1 mine and I am doing 5 loops and oversize fair play.
-
aiden01
- MAIL CENTRES/PROCESSING
- Posts: 7001
- Joined: 27 Feb 2013, 21:43
- Gender: Male
van share covid
If you read my next post you will see i said sorry you didnt complain now who looks foolishPhilbag70 wrote:Where did I complain? Read my post properly before trying to make smart arse comments. I clearly stated ' no complaints' . I was merely responding to the OP question.aiden01 wrote:So between you an your partner you have made 3 hours at least so why even talk about it never mind complain.Philbag70 wrote:Yup. Exactly that. My 'passenger' finished at 11 today and I still had 2 loops plus parcels. I still finished at 1, so no complaints, but it's not an even playing field at present.
You've made yourself look very foolish.
-
worktotime
- Posts: 2866
- Joined: 14 May 2010, 20:47
- Gender: Male
van share covid
i am the driver and my p&l partner doesnt drive , but the way we work together is spot on we use the kit , take our full meal breaks and i can count on 1 hand how many parcels i do out the back of the van as we fill the lwts up with what we can get on it and off we pop , when we have finished our delivery my mate walks home and i take the van back and unload etc and put our o/t down . so whats the issue of working together ? , my problem is why you can sit in a car for at least 1 hour to take a driving lesson with a mask on but you cant share a van for a few mins moving from loop 2 loop or travelling from the office out to start
,