ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
RMTV : Transform....Inspiried by you.
-
POSTMAN
- SITE ADMINISTRATOR
- Posts: 32801
- Joined: 07 Aug 2006, 03:19
- Gender: Male
RMTV : Transform....Inspiried by you.
I Wrote-During Covid-Which is still relevant now
It's good to get these types of threads, the ridiculous my manager said bollox, so we can reassure ourselves that while the world is falling apart, Royal Mail managers are still being the low-life C***S they have always been.
My BFF Clash
The daily grind of having to argue your case with an intellectual pigmy of a line manager is physically and emotionally draining.
It's good to get these types of threads, the ridiculous my manager said bollox, so we can reassure ourselves that while the world is falling apart, Royal Mail managers are still being the low-life C***S they have always been.
My BFF Clash
The daily grind of having to argue your case with an intellectual pigmy of a line manager is physically and emotionally draining.
-
postieblueshirt
- Posts: 1241
- Joined: 01 Oct 2019, 22:05
- Gender: Male
RMTV : Transform....Inspiried by you.
Very inspiring....but we don't have to change you do.you the company we the worker can only do the work you give us.so we haven't fallen behind you in charge have.
-
Dorset Plodder
- Posts: 4351
- Joined: 29 Apr 2009, 20:05
- Gender: Male
RMTV : Transform....Inspiried by you.
I've seen worse RMTV videos. Everytime you watch one of these upbeat videos you think, "Great lets give it a go", you try and stay Postive and make it work ...... but it never seems to turn out the way we'd like it and some asshole always seems to cock it up. More Good Will & Trust is lost and then it just becomes harder to believe the next "Brilliant Idea" that comes out of Royal Mail HQ.
I hope this new CEO and the CWU can make some Positive Changes to the Business without shafting the Work Force, asking for Thousands of Redundancies and trashing our T&Cs.
I hope this new CEO and the CWU can make some Positive Changes to the Business without shafting the Work Force, asking for Thousands of Redundancies and trashing our T&Cs.
Like all Wage Slaves, he had two crosses to bear: The people he worked for and the people he worked with! (Stephen Vizinczey.)
-
toonshola
- Posts: 917
- Joined: 29 Jul 2011, 16:31
- Gender: Male
RMTV : Transform....Inspiried by you.
This is the most patronising piece of garbage I’ve watched in my life. I don’t want to be a f*cking postal hero, all I want is to be given a full time contract which reflects the hours I work every week anyway and to not be bullied by managers, then go home and forgot about Royal Mail until the next day.
-
SpacePhoenix
- MAIL CENTRES/PROCESSING
- Posts: 12194
- Joined: 12 Nov 2008, 17:03
- Gender: Male
RMTV : Transform....Inspiried by you.
Why do they bother making them atm? Virtually no one will be watching them with no work time learning since March
-
TheTrolleyMan
- Posts: 776
- Joined: 13 Mar 2017, 15:39
- Gender: Male
RMTV : Transform....Inspiried by you.
Well said this bullying culture needs to STOPtoonshola wrote:This is the most patronising piece of garbage I’ve watched in my life. I don’t want to be a f*cking postal hero, all I want is to be given a full time contract which reflects the hours I work every week anyway and to not be bullied by managers, then go home and forgot about Royal Mail until the next day.
-
Mr_P0stie
- Posts: 17
- Joined: 16 Aug 2020, 22:27
- Gender: Male
RMTV : Transform....Inspiried by you.
One thing that needs to be done is to increase pay for drivers. I know some of you will disagree but when I'm out doing 2 york full of parcels plus all my partners specials and I'm earning the same hourly rate as a trolly pusher who only has like 6-7 loops something is wrong. As a part timer I'd also like the opportunity to be made up or have my contract extended. I'm on a 25 hour contract, so that's 5 hours a day to bundle up, load the van, complete my loops and all my oversize, do all my partners oversize plus his specials, do my absorption and my collections and finally have my break. Totally impossible, so I claim O/T everyday just to clear the duty and if I cut off I get stick from the duty owner I'm covering because I've brought work back. It's a lose - loose system, all I want is either more hours to complete or a fairer workload, surely it's not too much to ask? 
My postman friend gets really angry when I tell everyone what he does for a living.
I call him a mail escort.
I call him a mail escort.
-
rogersh
- MAIL CENTRES/PROCESSING
- Posts: 1374
- Joined: 26 Oct 2011, 11:31
- Gender: Male
RMTV : Transform....Inspiried by you.
Even if letters have declined since the report & the figure quoted in the video for this year is "500 million less (fewer) letters" it appears RM are still delivering significantly more letters than parcels. Also as has been highlighted,letters are more profitable than parcels.
Corporate Responsibility Report 2018–19
13bn LETTERS
1.3bn UKPIL PARCELS
634m GLS PARCELS
Defending letters –
Letters are important to our customers. They account for 51 per cent of our UK revenue ....
Corporate Responsibility Report 2018–19
13bn LETTERS
1.3bn UKPIL PARCELS
634m GLS PARCELS
Defending letters –
Letters are important to our customers. They account for 51 per cent of our UK revenue ....
-
Woody Guthrie
- Posts: 5166
- Joined: 29 Sep 2018, 20:47
- Gender: Male
RMTV : Transform....Inspiried by you.
Nothing is wrong if you're both finishing at the same time.One thing that needs to be done is to increase pay for drivers. I know some of you will disagree but when I'm out doing 2 york full of parcels plus all my partners specials and I'm earning the same hourly rate as a trolly pusher who only has like 6-7 loops something is wrong.
If you're not the workload balance is wrong or one of you is taking the piss.
None of those two scenarios would be resolved by paying anyone any extra.
Only dead fish follow the current
-
oypostie
- Posts: 917
- Joined: 25 Dec 2007, 13:39
RMTV : Transform....Inspiried by you.
Because if they stopped somebody might realise the company could save loads of money by stopping them for goodWhy do they bother making them atm? Virtually no one will be watching them with no work time learning since March
-
Mr_P0stie
- Posts: 17
- Joined: 16 Aug 2020, 22:27
- Gender: Male
RMTV : Transform....Inspiried by you.
It's not about resolving a scenario or finish times, it's about what is fair. We each have a duty to do, my partner has his and I have mine. Due to the fact that my partner refuses to drive for RM he uses a trolly. He leaves all his oversize in a york, loads up his trolly and goes on his way. Like I said, I have my own duty to do plus both duties oversize and any parcels or packets he couldn't fit in his trolley, oh and all the specials and absorption parcels. He is completing his duty which consists of LESS work and I on the other hand am stuck doing all of the above while he casually trots about. He can't be given more work as he can only take what he can fit in the trolly. So because he doesn't want to drive for RM I'm stuck doing all his work for no extra money, I've got more prep, more delivery points and stress getting tracked done while he simply hasn't.Woody Guthrie wrote:Nothing is wrong if you're both finishing at the same time.One thing that needs to be done is to increase pay for drivers. I know some of you will disagree but when I'm out doing 2 york full of parcels plus all my partners specials and I'm earning the same hourly rate as a trolly pusher who only has like 6-7 loops something is wrong.
If you're not the workload balance is wrong or one of you is taking the piss.
None of those two scenarios would be resolved by paying anyone any extra.
I understand that some in the company don't drive at all and I can respect that they took this job because you didn't need to back in the day, but now it's a necessity and when you've got blokes who drive into work and then go onto a trolly duty it twists my melon because although its busy and I can barely finish in my time he still refuses to use a van because he's got a cushy number just walking about. In our office you could convert 3-4 trolly duties to van duties so easily and get a driver to do his/her own parcels rather than just passing it onto someone else, which is what is happening now.
Put simply drivers do more work than non drivers and for this I believe we should be paid more, you know, because we’re DOING more. Definitely not the same amount of work.
My postman friend gets really angry when I tell everyone what he does for a living.
I call him a mail escort.
I call him a mail escort.
-
clashcityrocker
- Posts: 16701
- Joined: 22 Sep 2009, 13:50
- Gender: Male
- Location: strummerville
RMTV : Transform....Inspiried by you.
Why can't he be brought extra bags while on delivery?Mr_P0stie wrote: He can't be given more work as he can only take what he can fit in the trolly.
We label them with an approximate time and they are brought out.
The societies of consumption and squandering of material resources are incompatible with the idea of economic growth and a clean planet.
-
Woody Guthrie
- Posts: 5166
- Joined: 29 Sep 2018, 20:47
- Gender: Male
RMTV : Transform....Inspiried by you.
So what is he doing while you're doing all this extra work?Like I said, I have my own duty to do plus both duties oversize and any parcels or packets he couldn't fit in his trolley, oh and all the specials and absorption parcels.
If you have the time to do all of this and you're both finishing at the same time there are only three possibilities.
A. Your core duty is easier/shorter.
B. He is under performing.
C. You are over performing.
None of those reasons would entitle you to more pay.
Only dead fish follow the current
-
Jpro747
- Posts: 1342
- Joined: 23 Dec 2012, 10:22
- Gender: Male
RMTV : Transform....Inspiried by you.
I hear this all the time from some of my colleagues. RM won’t give a damn if you do more work than somebody else nor does it warrant more pay. Don’t be a hero and do more than you need to. If you’ve got too much work you don’t rush around to complete it all, you cut off.Mr_P0stie wrote:It's not about resolving a scenario or finish times, it's about what is fair. We each have a duty to do, my partner has his and I have mine. Due to the fact that my partner refuses to drive for RM he uses a trolly. He leaves all his oversize in a york, loads up his trolly and goes on his way. Like I said, I have my own duty to do plus both duties oversize and any parcels or packets he couldn't fit in his trolley, oh and all the specials and absorption parcels. He is completing his duty which consists of LESS work and I on the other hand am stuck doing all of the above while he casually trots about. He can't be given more work as he can only take what he can fit in the trolly. So because he doesn't want to drive for RM I'm stuck doing all his work for no extra money, I've got more prep, more delivery points and stress getting tracked done while he simply hasn't.Woody Guthrie wrote:Nothing is wrong if you're both finishing at the same time.One thing that needs to be done is to increase pay for drivers. I know some of you will disagree but when I'm out doing 2 york full of parcels plus all my partners specials and I'm earning the same hourly rate as a trolly pusher who only has like 6-7 loops something is wrong.
If you're not the workload balance is wrong or one of you is taking the piss.
None of those two scenarios would be resolved by paying anyone any extra.
I understand that some in the company don't drive at all and I can respect that they took this job because you didn't need to back in the day, but now it's a necessity and when you've got blokes who drive into work and then go onto a trolly duty it twists my melon because although its busy and I can barely finish in my time he still refuses to use a van because he's got a cushy number just walking about. In our office you could convert 3-4 trolly duties to van duties so easily and get a driver to do his/her own parcels rather than just passing it onto someone else, which is what is happening now.
Put simply drivers do more work than non drivers and for this I believe we should be paid more, you know, because we’re DOING more. Definitely not the same amount of work.
-
fb1969
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 1693
- Joined: 29 Aug 2012, 08:38
- Gender: Male
- Location: hiding on the backstreets
RMTV : Transform....Inspiried by you.
And there is one of many problems with van share - I have worked with my current partner on two different van shares. We have always viewed it that the entire workload is our workload, we have two duties to deliver. We both know all the loops and we work together to get the job done.Mr_P0stie wrote: We each have a duty to do, my partner has his and I have mine.
I am the walker and today I took my partner's second loop with my first - that gave him 30 minutes to clear some packets. Then he topped me up with my second and third loops (third was light so fitted in the second pouch of the second loop) while he cleared more packets for another 40 minutes. I waited about 10 minutes after that and then set off with my fourth loop while he started his usual third loop. Most of the large were cleared by then, he'd had over an hour just doing them, so we did loops at the same time after that. It ended up that I did 9 loops and he did 6. And that was on top of me walking out to and back from the delivery.
Not many in our office actually work like that. We have one bloke who, when he drives, will happily sit in the van and play on his phone while the walker is completing a loop. The same person will drive out do nothing until the walker turns up. We have a senior postie who can drive but insists on walking, but will only deliver the driver's loops - which are obviously smaller. Each of those issues could be resolved with decent management, but this being RM it will never change.
Being the driver does have extra responsibilities and I would argue that they should be paid extra, but only when they do the driving - and with the rosters in our place it would never be processed properly.
Last edited by fb1969 on 21 Aug 2020, 17:03, edited 1 time in total.
Royal Mail
failing the workforce, failing the public and deliberately failing mail on a daily basis for too many years.
failing the workforce, failing the public and deliberately failing mail on a daily basis for too many years.