ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
Reducing hours and days
-
malkmus
- Posts: 23
- Joined: 11 Jan 2017, 18:45
- Gender: Male
Reducing hours and days
Anybody know if it's possible to reduce hours and possibly work 3 days a week? I have been offered some other work a couple of days a week and looking to leave royal mail in the future, I'm currently on a FT contract 39 hours.
-
Seymour Buts
- Posts: 1148
- Joined: 22 Jun 2017, 20:17
- Gender: Male
Reducing hours and days
In our office it's usually only ever granted if you can find somebody will to do the same, so you split one job between the pair of you.malkmus wrote:Anybody know if it's possible to reduce hours and possibly work 3 days a week? I have been offered some other work a couple of days a week and looking to leave royal mail in the future, I'm currently on a FT contract 39 hours.
-
malkmus
- Posts: 23
- Joined: 11 Jan 2017, 18:45
- Gender: Male
Reducing hours and days
Ok thanks, will look into it . Does every office have the same stance on this ?
-
clashcityrocker
- Posts: 16701
- Joined: 22 Sep 2009, 13:50
- Gender: Male
- Location: strummerville
Reducing hours and days
No.
It would depend on how keen your manager is to remove those hours from the office and how feasible it is to do outside of a wider revision.
It would depend on how keen your manager is to remove those hours from the office and how feasible it is to do outside of a wider revision.
The societies of consumption and squandering of material resources are incompatible with the idea of economic growth and a clean planet.
-
wallan
- Posts: 498
- Joined: 09 Apr 2012, 08:12
- Gender: Male
Reducing hours and days
If you offer to work Thurs - Sat you may stand a better chance , don,t mention why your looking to reduce your hour,smalkmus wrote:Anybody know if it's possible to reduce hours and possibly work 3 days a week? I have been offered some other work a couple of days a week and looking to leave royal mail in the future, I'm currently on a FT contract 39 hours.
-
mr hil.
- Posts: 424
- Joined: 19 Sep 2007, 18:22
- Gender: Male
Reducing hours and days
Generally any reduction in hours is just that, even if you drop down to 24 hrs per week youcould still be asked to work those hours over 5 days. You would need to get it in writing that you would only have to work three days a week
-
malkmus
- Posts: 23
- Joined: 11 Jan 2017, 18:45
- Gender: Male
Reducing hours and days
Will try negotiate something then, we have had a few people in the past who worked a few days a week.
-
mags999
- Posts: 372
- Joined: 25 Jun 2016, 11:05
- Gender: Male
Reducing hours and days
probably difficult to achieve with the uso under threat at this current time but good luck wouldn't mind 3 day week myself if no vrs are offered over the next year or so 
-
malkmus
- Posts: 23
- Joined: 11 Jan 2017, 18:45
- Gender: Male
Reducing hours and days
My main reason is that I have mental health issues and I am covered under the equality act, so I was hoping I could suggest this as an adjustment. It’s doing me no good working full time in there.