ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
Getting the snip / vasectomy while on a walking duty
-
cheerful
- Posts: 90
- Joined: 29 Jun 2016, 21:30
- Gender: Male
Getting the snip / vasectomy while on a walking duty
I'm booked in for the snip soon, what normally happens at work?
I'd love to just sit around the office prepping door to doors and doing kill offs for a few days, but our office doesn't really do light duties any more.
I could maybe see them offering me packet delivery for a few days.
What's likely to happen? And anyone who has had the snip, how long before returning to work and how long before doing a walk?
I'd love to just sit around the office prepping door to doors and doing kill offs for a few days, but our office doesn't really do light duties any more.
I could maybe see them offering me packet delivery for a few days.
What's likely to happen? And anyone who has had the snip, how long before returning to work and how long before doing a walk?
-
clashcityrocker
- Posts: 16701
- Joined: 22 Sep 2009, 13:50
- Gender: Male
- Location: strummerville
Getting the snip / vasectomy while on a walking duty
A friend says 10 days.
The doctor said he should be back at work the next day. He was an idiot.
The doctor said he should be back at work the next day. He was an idiot.
The societies of consumption and squandering of material resources are incompatible with the idea of economic growth and a clean planet.
-
twoloops
- Posts: 2036
- Joined: 24 May 2017, 20:52
- Gender: Male
- Location: Sheffield
Getting the snip / vasectomy while on a walking duty
I would say climbing in & out of a van doing packets would be worse for recovery than a few loops of foot?
-
thefox
- Posts: 1192
- Joined: 24 Aug 2010, 20:09
- Gender: Male
Getting the snip / vasectomy while on a walking duty
I went back a week later and it was uncomfortable i would suggest no walking duty for a fortnight
-
POSTMAN
- SITE ADMINISTRATOR
- Posts: 32801
- Joined: 07 Aug 2006, 03:19
- Gender: Male
Getting the snip / vasectomy while on a walking duty
Each person is different no doubt, don't be forced back if problems persist.
If I had it, it would be 3 months bed rest, 3 months physio, and 3 months in a hot country for my mental health and 3 months on light duties with part-time hrs (full pay of course).
Good luck.
If I had it, it would be 3 months bed rest, 3 months physio, and 3 months in a hot country for my mental health and 3 months on light duties with part-time hrs (full pay of course).
Good luck.
I Wrote-During Covid-Which is still relevant now
It's good to get these types of threads, the ridiculous my manager said bollox, so we can reassure ourselves that while the world is falling apart, Royal Mail managers are still being the low-life C***S they have always been.
My BFF Clash
The daily grind of having to argue your case with an intellectual pigmy of a line manager is physically and emotionally draining.
It's good to get these types of threads, the ridiculous my manager said bollox, so we can reassure ourselves that while the world is falling apart, Royal Mail managers are still being the low-life C***S they have always been.
My BFF Clash
The daily grind of having to argue your case with an intellectual pigmy of a line manager is physically and emotionally draining.
-
noggin1969
- Posts: 1321
- Joined: 13 Oct 2009, 17:28
- Gender: Male
Getting the snip / vasectomy while on a walking duty
Take 7 days self cert , depending if you have the op under a local or general anesthetic. Under a general they tend to be less gentle so you could end up with space hoppers
Either way the 1st injection is an eye waterier

-
doorstepped
- Posts: 1063
- Joined: 10 Oct 2011, 23:17
- Gender: Male
- Location: Somewhere west of London
Getting the snip / vasectomy while on a walking duty
Getting the snip / vasectomy while on a walking duty!
Personally I would probably wait until I was finished delivering before having such a procedure.
fair play though if you can complete :)
Personally I would probably wait until I was finished delivering before having such a procedure.
fair play though if you can complete :)
-
Vwtouran
- Posts: 95
- Joined: 26 Jan 2016, 18:54
- Gender: Male
Getting the snip / vasectomy while on a walking duty
I took a week off sick
-
clashcityrocker
- Posts: 16701
- Joined: 22 Sep 2009, 13:50
- Gender: Male
- Location: strummerville
Getting the snip / vasectomy while on a walking duty
You also need to keep the wounds clean - which might be a problem in this heat.
The societies of consumption and squandering of material resources are incompatible with the idea of economic growth and a clean planet.
-
knackeredneedadayoff
- Posts: 342
- Joined: 05 Nov 2009, 18:19
- Gender: Male
Getting the snip / vasectomy while on a walking duty
I had local and had light duties for week inside sorting
-
frankieboy
- Posts: 303
- Joined: 12 May 2008, 18:34
Getting the snip / vasectomy while on a walking duty
Had mine on the Monday back in Tuesday, simple procedure. Make sure you wear swimming trunks for a week after.
-
Seymour Buts
- Posts: 1148
- Joined: 22 Jun 2017, 20:17
- Gender: Male
Getting the snip / vasectomy while on a walking duty
Two lads have had it done in our office, 10 days (two working weeks) they had off.clashcityrocker wrote:A friend says 10 days.
The doctor said he should be back at work the next day. He was an idiot.
-
ebbzie
- Posts: 660
- Joined: 14 Jun 2011, 17:22
- Gender: Male
Getting the snip / vasectomy while on a walking duty
Yep same here back next day - just dont run or try jumping over fencesfrankieboy wrote:Had mine on the Monday back in Tuesday, simple procedure. Make sure you wear swimming trunks for a week after.
-
streets97
- Posts: 92
- Joined: 13 Oct 2010, 21:43
- Gender: Male
Getting the snip / vasectomy while on a walking duty
I went back day after, I had no problems
-
cheerful
- Posts: 90
- Joined: 29 Jun 2016, 21:30
- Gender: Male
Getting the snip / vasectomy while on a walking duty
Really big thanks to you all for the responses.
I've been for the pre-op chit chat, when I told the doc I was a postie he asked if I drove a van or walked, I said I walk about 10 miles a day, he said I should have 2 weeks off, but I'd need to speak to my employers.
He was also really drawing attention to the 15% having (permanent) testicular pain and 5% having it severe enough to affect day-to-day activities. The doc kept underlining it as he was talking.
That seems really high, I'd have expected a lot fewer people to have the snip with such a high permanent pain rate.
I'll see if management will give me time off, but otherwise I'll see if I can cancel a week I've got booked off and use it after the snip.
If sitting down with ice on my bawls for a week will reduce the chance of getting permanent pain, then I'll definitely go for it.
Once again, thank you all for your comments.
I've been for the pre-op chit chat, when I told the doc I was a postie he asked if I drove a van or walked, I said I walk about 10 miles a day, he said I should have 2 weeks off, but I'd need to speak to my employers.
He was also really drawing attention to the 15% having (permanent) testicular pain and 5% having it severe enough to affect day-to-day activities. The doc kept underlining it as he was talking.
That seems really high, I'd have expected a lot fewer people to have the snip with such a high permanent pain rate.
I'll see if management will give me time off, but otherwise I'll see if I can cancel a week I've got booked off and use it after the snip.
If sitting down with ice on my bawls for a week will reduce the chance of getting permanent pain, then I'll definitely go for it.
Once again, thank you all for your comments.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.