ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
Mondays are now the new Tuesday.
-
glass joe
- Posts: 171
- Joined: 11 Mar 2013, 16:59
- Gender: Male
Mondays are now the new Tuesday.
Today it almost wasn't worth going out on my delivery. Last letter 11.30 back home at 12 and now being paid till 2.30. (Yes i took both my breaks) So what does this hold for the future? Is this laying the foundations to get rid of mondays letters in the future? Will our duties be redesigned so we take more out in the future?
-
SpacePhoenix
- MAIL CENTRES/PROCESSING
- Posts: 12194
- Joined: 12 Nov 2008, 17:03
- Gender: Male
Mondays are now the new Tuesday.
Backlog at your local MC?glass joe wrote:Today it almost wasn't worth going out on my delivery. Last letter 11.30 back home at 12 and now being paid till 2.30. (Yes i took both my breaks) So what does this hold for the future? Is this laying the foundations to get rid of mondays letters in the future? Will our duties be redesigned so we take more out in the future?
-
Woody Guthrie
- Posts: 5166
- Joined: 29 Sep 2018, 20:47
- Gender: Male
Mondays are now the new Tuesday.
I don't think we can judge anything on the present situation never mind lay the foundations for something.
It is what it is, what it will be in 6 months might be something completely different.
It is what it is, what it will be in 6 months might be something completely different.
Only dead fish follow the current
-
RobertT
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 6696
- Joined: 09 Sep 2007, 14:26
- Gender: Male
Mondays are now the new Tuesday.
Easiest day for a long time. Could of finished at 10.30 if I'd wanted to.
Links to all RM pension related websites are here
-
chickenwittle
- Posts: 2095
- Joined: 15 Nov 2009, 09:43
- Gender: Male
Mondays are now the new Tuesday.
No letters , lots of parcels .
-
Ren Hoëk
- Posts: 737
- Joined: 01 Feb 2018, 12:19
- Gender: Male
Mondays are now the new Tuesday.
Very quiet where we are. 3rd Monday in a row that its been like it. I made 2 hours on my duty as did most others as well. We lapsed as well and there was nothing left back at the office to do even if the boss wanted to give us more. Someone said in another thread that it has something do to with DSA customers not supplying us with anything for Mondays and only supplying it every other day. If that is true or not I do not know. We are in a traditionally quiet time of year and we are told mail volumes are naturally down as well. There must be some big changes coming. 5 day delivery on letters, 7 days for packets and parcels within a year with big office revisions and changes to attendance patterns. Especially considering their plans for the tracks/shoe box and bigger sized packets. Id put money on it.
-
Munchboii
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 261
- Joined: 15 Oct 2019, 21:25
- Gender: Male
Mondays are now the new Tuesday.
I'm just praying it doesn't involve job losses any changes that come. I'm right at the bottom of seniority and only in my 20s and I love this job to bits. I'd be devastated if I got told I was losing my job to redundancy :(
-
deltaforce
- Posts: 778
- Joined: 01 Jan 2009, 15:29
- Gender: Male
Mondays are now the new Tuesday.
I wouldn’t over worry . There will be thousands senior to you fighting to get out of the business if it comes.Munchboii wrote:I'm just praying it doesn't involve job losses any changes that come. I'm right at the bottom of seniority and only in my 20s and I love this job to bits. I'd be devastated if I got told I was losing my job to redundancy :(
-
glass joe
- Posts: 171
- Joined: 11 Mar 2013, 16:59
- Gender: Male
Mondays are now the new Tuesday.
Think the USO is keeping everyone in a job.Munchboii wrote:I'm just praying it doesn't involve job losses any changes that come. I'm right at the bottom of seniority and only in my 20s and I love this job to bits. I'd be devastated if I got told I was losing my job to redundancy :(
-
Woody Guthrie
- Posts: 5166
- Joined: 29 Sep 2018, 20:47
- Gender: Male
Mondays are now the new Tuesday.
The business already has a problem with an ageing employee dynamic.Munchboii wrote:I'm just praying it doesn't involve job losses any changes that come. I'm right at the bottom of seniority and only in my 20s and I love this job to bits. I'd be devastated if I got told I was losing my job to redundancy :(
That means extra cost in historic bonuses and supplements holiday entitlement as well as problems with long term illness and injury.
The last thing they want to do is get rid of all the younger members of staff and make the problem worse.
Only dead fish follow the current
-
wacko74
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 1572
- Joined: 04 Apr 2009, 20:35
- Gender: Male
Mondays are now the new Tuesday.
Keeping the USO in it's current form will ensure none of us have a job eventually.glass joe wrote:Think the USO is keeping everyone in a job.Munchboii wrote:I'm just praying it doesn't involve job losses any changes that come. I'm right at the bottom of seniority and only in my 20s and I love this job to bits. I'd be devastated if I got told I was losing my job to redundancy :(
-
SpacePhoenix
- MAIL CENTRES/PROCESSING
- Posts: 12194
- Joined: 12 Nov 2008, 17:03
- Gender: Male
Mondays are now the new Tuesday.
I think job losses are more likely in MCs as the PSMs might mean that not so many staff are neededMunchboii wrote:I'm just praying it doesn't involve job losses any changes that come. I'm right at the bottom of seniority and only in my 20s and I love this job to bits. I'd be devastated if I got told I was losing my job to redundancy :(
-
30+YEARMAN
- Posts: 253
- Joined: 25 Nov 2010, 17:46
- Gender: Male
Mondays are now the new Tuesday.
I still had all of Saturdays letters so it didn,t make that much difference. 
-
twoloops
- Posts: 2036
- Joined: 24 May 2017, 20:52
- Gender: Male
- Location: Sheffield
Mondays are now the new Tuesday.
Same here we only took the biggest 6 loops that had not been taken since Thursday, lots of Birthday cards & untracked packets 
-
hawkeye622
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 122
- Joined: 03 Jul 2019, 21:03
- Gender: Male
Mondays are now the new Tuesday.
Yep, I had Friday and Saturdays mail in the frame before today's mail went in so no benefit to me either.....30+YEARMAN wrote:I still had all of Saturdays letters so it didn,t make that much difference.