ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

200 Pounds

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
Ringer21
Posts: 127
Joined: 13 Jul 2016, 15:04
Gender: Male

200 Pounds

Post by Ringer21 »

Any idea what date we are getting this?
Cheers.
fed_up_postie
Posts: 154
Joined: 05 Aug 2007, 12:37
Gender: Male
Location: lost in space

£200

Post by fed_up_postie »

Last week of june so I would guess pay date of friday 26th June
Ringer21
Posts: 127
Joined: 13 Jul 2016, 15:04
Gender: Male

£200

Post by Ringer21 »

Cheers for that
world class male
Posts: 903
Joined: 03 Jul 2013, 15:29
Gender: Male

£200

Post by world class male »

i'm not usually one to look a gift horse in the mouth but it seems paltry, on the flip side the wife actually has to visit & care for the elderly in their homes who have covid and as a council employee she gets nothing extra,
what a strange country we live in
bullhead
Posts: 14
Joined: 27 May 2009, 10:26
Gender: Male

£200

Post by bullhead »

Strange country indeed, Rico Back crashes the share price of Royal Mail, trousers thousands of cheap shares in said company, and walks away with circa £8m for being sh1te at his job :arrrghhh
Spigot bearing
Posts: 83
Joined: 18 Dec 2015, 16:22
Gender: Male

200 Pounds

Post by Spigot bearing »

The above.
grads132
Posts: 19
Joined: 19 Feb 2010, 18:21
Gender: Male

200 Pounds

Post by grads132 »

I was off self isolating for 2 week in this period but was there the rest guessing I wont get it
Woody Guthrie
Posts: 5166
Joined: 29 Sep 2018, 20:47
Gender: Male

200 Pounds

Post by Woody Guthrie »

grads132 wrote:I was off self isolating for 2 week in this period but was there the rest guessing I wont get it
I would suspect you'll get a proportion of it.
I doubt they'll just disqualify anyone who was off at all but you never know. So far the silence over exact qualification criteria is deafening.
Only dead fish follow the current
rogersh
MAIL CENTRES/PROCESSING
Posts: 1374
Joined: 26 Oct 2011, 11:31
Gender: Male

200 Pounds

Post by rogersh »

grads132 wrote:I was off self isolating for 2 week in this period but was there the rest guessing I wont get it
No. 290/20 4th June 2020
£200 COVID-19 Recognition Payment

EDIT:
Q 3: Attendance - To be eligible will an individual need to have attended work for the entire 16th March – 10th May 2020 period?

A: “As we encouraged employees to take booked annual leave, employees who were absent due to annual leave do not have these days or weeks deducted for the purposes of calculating any payment.

The payments are proportionate. Ultimately this is not about judgement on those who could not work but a positive recognition of those who could and did support.”
Seymour Buts
Posts: 1148
Joined: 22 Jun 2017, 20:17
Gender: Male

200 Pounds

Post by Seymour Buts »

rogersh wrote:
grads132 wrote:I was off self isolating for 2 week in this period but was there the rest guessing I wont get it
No. 290/20 4th June 2020
£200 COVID-19 Recognition Payment

EDIT:
Q 3: Attendance - To be eligible will an individual need to have attended work for the entire 16th March – 10th May 2020 period?

A: “As we encouraged employees to take booked annual leave, employees who were absent due to annual leave do not have these days or weeks deducted for the purposes of calculating any payment.

The payments are proportionate. Ultimately this is not about judgement on those who could not work but a positive recognition of those who could and did support.”
Surely if you were isolating (doing the right thing as Boris Johnson likes to say) you won't lose out on the entire thing? Lose a % maybe but it would be entirely unfair if due to circumstances entirely out of your control you lost all the bonus.
circles
Posts: 59
Joined: 23 Mar 2010, 08:21
Gender: Male

200 Pounds

Post by circles »

200 quid is an insult to those who worked during this monumental f**k up.

I'm looking for more... much more.
clashcityrocker
Posts: 16700
Joined: 22 Sep 2009, 13:50
Gender: Male
Location: strummerville

200 Pounds

Post by clashcityrocker »

Where have you been looking?
The societies of consumption and squandering of material resources are incompatible with the idea of economic growth and a clean planet.
HTPostman
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 1505
Joined: 01 Sep 2008, 23:53
Gender: Male

200 Pounds

Post by HTPostman »

Just reading on my Facebook of 2 friends (in other industries) who today lost their jobs, one had been doing it for 22 years and was the most senior member there. Times like these I’m just glad I have a job, small bonus or no small bonus.
The day is gonna come when we’re all gonna have to testify.

526
stodgy88
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 641
Joined: 14 Nov 2008, 20:11
Gender: Male

200 Pounds

Post by stodgy88 »

Colleagues who were self-isolating on no pay will be abated 1/8th for each week they were not at work. Colleagues who were self-isolating on full sick pay will receive the full £200. posted today from company on another thread ,so if you went off to self isolate ,and received full wages ,looks like you will get full payment.
sorefeet17
Posts: 299
Joined: 11 May 2015, 17:10
Gender: Male

200 Pounds

Post by sorefeet17 »

I would be happy to take the next two weeks off to isolate if someone wants to do my route for me, you can have £200 pro-rata minus deductions, any takers?