I'm pushing to be considered for IHR. I have a few serious ailments and they have said it may be possible. I'm currently on 12 week lockdown due to hitting most of the governments markers for shielding. While I don't think I'm going to kick the bucket soon it's always something someone in my position needs to consider.
I maybe recall a thread where someone who had been given IHR also had their death in service benefit extended past their leaving date but can't find it.
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
IHR and death in service benefit.
-
97gaz
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 1023
- Joined: 17 Dec 2008, 10:15
- Gender: Male
-
beanmuncha
- Posts: 305
- Joined: 21 Aug 2007, 23:11
IHR and death in service benefit.
Hi, i have had a couple of member's getting IHR
there are different options you are offered, i have not got all the details but the basics are below
1) immediate IHR with pension etc.. no life cover
2) paid a weekly amount(think it is half pay) for 3 yrs then medically reassessed if no change then payout
but during those 3 yrs you are still covered for life insurance
you should be able to get more info from your DOM or on here.
Hope this helps
there are different options you are offered, i have not got all the details but the basics are below
1) immediate IHR with pension etc.. no life cover
2) paid a weekly amount(think it is half pay) for 3 yrs then medically reassessed if no change then payout
but during those 3 yrs you are still covered for life insurance
you should be able to get more info from your DOM or on here.
Hope this helps