ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Special leave

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
pieoftheday
Posts: 1842
Joined: 11 Mar 2010, 16:43
Gender: Male

Special leave

Post by pieoftheday »

Can anybody advise on special leave.my aunt has passed away and I have power of attorney over her affairs, what leave am I entitled to? I have tried to contact CWU but to no avail, thanks
TrueBlueTerrier
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
Posts: 72738
Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
Gender: Male
Location: On my couch

Special leave

Post by TrueBlueTerrier »

pieoftheday wrote:Can anybody advise on special leave.my aunt has passed away and I have power of attorney over her affairs, what leave am I entitled to? I have tried to contact CWU but to no avail, thanks
if arranging the funeral and/or immediate family it should be 7 days. For non-immediate family its 1 day. You fall between the cracks so get the Union involved and you should be able to get the 7 days.

https://www.royalmailchat.co.uk/communi ... al#p389850" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; in the polcy document.
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
pieoftheday
Posts: 1842
Joined: 11 Mar 2010, 16:43
Gender: Male

Special leave

Post by pieoftheday »

Thanks for that,