ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
Are your workloads fair during this unprecedented time??
-
postslippete
- Posts: 4198
- Joined: 14 Jul 2014, 16:27
- Gender: Male
Are your workloads fair during this unprecedented time??
Single van driver who does mainly firms prep their own duty but are only taking half their delivery out because the firm's are shut. Doesn't have many packets to deliver.
Often finish 2 hours before their time.
Shared van driver now works on their own but still tasked to prep 2 duties,so it doesn't get done,and then have to deliver the full round plus a York and half of big packets.
Part-timer only gets a van when there is one available that's come back early in the yard so if they are lucky they may get one from 12.30. However,because their duty hasn't finished prep with mail and packets, they don't get out while later. Still have to do 6 loops and packets. Probably finish around 7-8pm.
There have been a few staff that wanted to work from home delivering mail but many have come back to work in the office because managers wanted them to work their day off unpaid! Now there are more staff working the mornings it's just like a normal working day.
Before anyone suggests ive not got a problem working my hours but just seems to me that there are a few getting away with murder as usual!! I feel for most of the newbies though,they are getting some of the grief while out delivering in the evening.
Often finish 2 hours before their time.
Shared van driver now works on their own but still tasked to prep 2 duties,so it doesn't get done,and then have to deliver the full round plus a York and half of big packets.
Part-timer only gets a van when there is one available that's come back early in the yard so if they are lucky they may get one from 12.30. However,because their duty hasn't finished prep with mail and packets, they don't get out while later. Still have to do 6 loops and packets. Probably finish around 7-8pm.
There have been a few staff that wanted to work from home delivering mail but many have come back to work in the office because managers wanted them to work their day off unpaid! Now there are more staff working the mornings it's just like a normal working day.
Before anyone suggests ive not got a problem working my hours but just seems to me that there are a few getting away with murder as usual!! I feel for most of the newbies though,they are getting some of the grief while out delivering in the evening.
On the face of it, shareholder value is the dumbest idea in the world.
-
Woody Guthrie
- Posts: 5166
- Joined: 29 Sep 2018, 20:47
- Gender: Male
Are your workloads fair during this unprecedented time??
It's the title of the thread that's wrong.
If you're going in, taking your break and getting done on time your workload is fair.
Other than that the rest is just grass is greener background noise and not healthy to obsess about. Lots of people in life earn more than me for doing a lot less, some of them are sitting in the house doing nothing at the moment, I'm not going to get bent out of shape over it.
If you're going in, taking your break and getting done on time your workload is fair.
Other than that the rest is just grass is greener background noise and not healthy to obsess about. Lots of people in life earn more than me for doing a lot less, some of them are sitting in the house doing nothing at the moment, I'm not going to get bent out of shape over it.
Only dead fish follow the current
-
barcajr
- Posts: 168
- Joined: 12 Oct 2009, 01:04
- Gender: Male
Are your workloads fair during this unprecedented time??
Most of the single van firms delivery drivers in my office have been put on to residential deliveries while one driver driver covering several firm duties delivering to the firms that are open
-
joewyan
- Posts: 382
- Joined: 28 Jun 2016, 22:56
- Gender: Male
Are your workloads fair during this unprecedented time??
Our firms drivers have to deliver oversize parcels for the walks currently being done on foot to fill their hours up to duty time.barcajr wrote:Most of the single van firms delivery drivers in my office have been put on to residential deliveries while one driver driver covering several firm duties delivering to the firms that are open
-
JKSmudge
- Posts: 395
- Joined: 26 Mar 2015, 13:39
- Gender: Male
Are your workloads fair during this unprecedented time??
There is def a big difference in what people are expected to do - some people only prepping 1 frame and out the door by 9, others prepping 2 frames and told to take tracked out for another walk as well as their own walk. Some guys not having their days off for fear of what they will come back to.
-
1560loopsayear
- Posts: 230
- Joined: 05 Mar 2019, 18:33
- Gender: Male
Are your workloads fair during this unprecedented time??
I thought this was voluntary and not 'enforced' duty hours... or am I missing something in 'new starter' contracts which stipulate they can be 'forced' to work until 8pm in the evening? As a part-timer on 5.75hrsx5 days - if I were to do the late afternoon/evening delivery I would want to throw-out-tie-up my own walk on packets/parcels so I knew what was in the bags (and not trust that every letter was turned at the right place)....but that 45mins/1 hour 'bagging-up' would come at the expense of a 45min loop If I was aiming to get back on time... which at 7-8pm would certainly be desirable.postslippete wrote:Part-timer only gets a van when there is one available that's come back early in the yard so if they are lucky they may get one from 12.30. However,because their duty hasn't finished prep with mail and packets, they don't get out while later. Still have to do 6 loops and packets. Probably finish around 7-8pm.
-
Dex7
- Posts: 33
- Joined: 20 Jul 2018, 12:35
- Gender: Male
Are your workloads fair during this unprecedented time??
Nahhhhhh I just quote my contracted hours whenever this happens. Even if I don't have any plans to prevent me working over.
I'm not married so I'm always home by 2pm eating Coco Pops out of a baking bowl.
I'm not married so I'm always home by 2pm eating Coco Pops out of a baking bowl.
-
Chelseablue
- Posts: 2225
- Joined: 19 Aug 2013, 14:33
- Gender: Female
Are your workloads fair during this unprecedented time??
Take the important stuff pkts etc (their words) and do your hours . Meaning leaving mail / loops , diferent loops next day left . Just do your hours , guy in next frame finishing early who cares, dont stress .
-
Munchboii
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 261
- Joined: 15 Oct 2019, 21:25
- Gender: Male
Are your workloads fair during this unprecedented time??
I've been delivering 4 yorks of parcels plus mail for 400 residentials every day for the past 4 weeks. I think I'm going to drop dead. I'm on a rural so no such thing as loops
My whole office is on its knees, AL getting cancelled and being asked to work weeks off. Its tough
My whole office is on its knees, AL getting cancelled and being asked to work weeks off. Its tough
-
norris9
- Posts: 2696
- Joined: 27 Feb 2019, 17:32
- Gender: Female
Are your workloads fair during this unprecedented time??
No.
Same people going home early everyday. Same people working all their hours everyday.
Same people going home early everyday. Same people working all their hours everyday.
-
ihatedogs
- MAIL CENTRES/PROCESSING
- Posts: 547
- Joined: 03 Nov 2010, 18:53
- Gender: Male
Are your workloads fair during this unprecedented time??
Why is your annual leave getting cancelled?Munchboii wrote:I've been delivering 4 yorks of parcels plus mail for 400 residentials every day for the past 4 weeks. I think I'm going to drop dead. I'm on a rural so no such thing as loops
My whole office is on its knees, AL getting cancelled and being asked to work weeks off. Its tough
-
paul1231
- Posts: 112
- Joined: 10 Mar 2014, 22:20
- Gender: Male
Are your workloads fair during this unprecedented time??
My thoughts exactly we've been told your not allowed to cancel it or even move it they would rather fail walks then do thatihatedogs wrote:Why is your annual leave getting cancelled?Munchboii wrote:I've been delivering 4 yorks of parcels plus mail for 400 residentials every day for the past 4 weeks. I think I'm going to drop dead. I'm on a rural so no such thing as loops
My whole office is on its knees, AL getting cancelled and being asked to work weeks off. Its tough
-
aiden01
- MAIL CENTRES/PROCESSING
- Posts: 7001
- Joined: 27 Feb 2013, 21:43
- Gender: Male
Are your workloads fair during this unprecedented time??
Also don't have to work your weeks off.ihatedogs wrote:Why is your annual leave getting cancelled?Munchboii wrote:I've been delivering 4 yorks of parcels plus mail for 400 residentials every day for the past 4 weeks. I think I'm going to drop dead. I'm on a rural so no such thing as loops
My whole office is on its knees, AL getting cancelled and being asked to work weeks off. Its tough
-
postslippete
- Posts: 4198
- Joined: 14 Jul 2014, 16:27
- Gender: Male
Are your workloads fair during this unprecedented time??
Woody Guthrie wrote:It's the title of the thread that's wrong.
If you're going in, taking your break and getting done on time your workload is fair.
Other than that the rest is just grass is greener background noise and not healthy to obsess about. Lots of people in life earn more than me for doing a lot less, some of them are sitting in the house doing nothing at the moment, I'm not going to get bent out of shape over it.
Why is the title of the thread wrong woody?? I do take my breaks and finish on time but I'm just querying why others have less workload and yet are finishing 2 hours early. For those on sick have probably got genuine reasons for not working.
Youre quite right I don't try to obsess over what others do but when I'm having to leave loops and/or packets and getting grief from management over it whilst I know some of the old guard are delivering half as much as me and we are all on same pay,yet they are finishing early,I think I've got a valid point.
Anyway,I'm going to bring it up with management this week because I know my union rep doesn't want to get bent out of shape over it.
On the face of it, shareholder value is the dumbest idea in the world.
-
robbertwhitton
- Posts: 1132
- Joined: 30 Aug 2010, 19:06
- Gender: Male
Are your workloads fair during this unprecedented time??
Sounds like once again miss management at its finest!forced to this forced to do that,annual leave cancelled forced to work on your day off??? really??i think not,we really need to grow a pair and get a grip,we really don’t help ourselves on issues we just moan and put up with,stick to what’s right in office policies and procedures,that’s what there for,or is it just me?