ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Bank holiday pay while on special leave?

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
postieaw11
Posts: 28
Joined: 15 Jul 2014, 17:44
Gender: Male

Bank holiday pay while on special leave?

Post by postieaw11 »

Hi
I have been on unpaid leave since the 24th March. I thought I would of been paid for good Friday, but I haven't. Is this correct?

Thanks
tractorboy2
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 545
Joined: 18 Jan 2012, 11:03
Gender: Male

Bank holiday pay while on special leave?

Post by tractorboy2 »

postieaw11 wrote:Hi
I have been on unpaid leave since the 24th March. I thought I would of been paid for good Friday, but I haven't. Is this correct?

Thanks
yes you are on unpaid leave.
postieaw11
Posts: 28
Joined: 15 Jul 2014, 17:44
Gender: Male

Bank holiday pay while on special leave?

Post by postieaw11 »

It's holiday pay though?
koolishy67
Posts: 665
Joined: 04 Nov 2010, 21:02
Gender: Male

Bank holiday pay while on special leave?

Post by koolishy67 »

While you are on unpaid leave you can't get BH pay
Dindin
Posts: 491
Joined: 29 Jul 2019, 17:19
Gender: Male

Bank holiday pay while on special leave?

Post by Dindin »

This is the most funny one I've ever read.
aiden01
MAIL CENTRES/PROCESSING
Posts: 7001
Joined: 27 Feb 2013, 21:43
Gender: Male

Bank holiday pay while on special leave?

Post by aiden01 »

postieaw11 wrote:It's holiday pay though?
You are on unpaid leave :hmmmm why would you be paid for a bh.
k979aaa
Posts: 12578
Joined: 03 Sep 2007, 19:14
Gender: Male
Location: THE NORTH

Bank holiday pay while on special leave?

Post by k979aaa »

Pretty sure you don't get paid for it god If we did 6 bank holidays for 18 years at what pay rate ? oh school wage and YTS rate and the dole I would have a good case I will submit my claim today with the UK gov hell with that.