ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Bank holiday pay

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
streets97
Posts: 92
Joined: 13 Oct 2010, 21:43
Gender: Male

Bank holiday pay

Post by streets97 »

Hi All,

My duty needs to attend good friday, I am just wondering what the pay difference is between the 2 options I have to select 1 between option A or option B. I have looked for this but cannot find the answers anywhere. I know with 1 of the option that I get a day back added to my holidays, but I also believe that as well as that I get an overtime payment, and the other option is just an overtime payment.

I was just wondering what the difference in payments are so that I can make an informed choice.

Many thanks
mr hil.
Posts: 424
Joined: 19 Sep 2007, 18:22
Gender: Male

Bank holiday pay

Post by mr hil. »

It used to be time and a half and a day in lieu, or double time......that was before the union negotiated a day off for us instead......
tractorboy2
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 545
Joined: 18 Jan 2012, 11:03
Gender: Male

Bank holiday pay

Post by tractorboy2 »

mr hil. wrote:It used to be time and a half and a day in lieu, or double time......that was before the union negotiated a day off for us instead......
The members voted in !! How much was the carrot ?