ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Lost PDA

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
p5aul789
Posts: 59
Joined: 18 Sep 2012, 10:03
Gender: Male

Lost PDA

Post by p5aul789 »

Has anyone ever lost a PDA. I lost mine yesterday and it isn't the first time. I've done it before.

I suffer from depression and tend to be a bit woolly headed sometimes.

I know the vicinity where it was last used. Went and scoured the area this morning but no trace.

I have been threatened before with having to pay for a lost one, in the region of £800.

I have a PDA shoulder holster, but don't like using it as i find it cumbersome.

I'll have to find a way to tie it to my wrist.
Last edited by p5aul789 on 04 Apr 2020, 10:59, edited 1 time in total.
Busterbear
Posts: 76
Joined: 23 Oct 2013, 13:22
Gender: Male

Lost PDA

Post by Busterbear »

Have you told your DOM ? Surely they can track it providing the battery is still charged
p5aul789
Posts: 59
Joined: 18 Sep 2012, 10:03
Gender: Male

Lost PDA

Post by p5aul789 »

Busterbear wrote:Have you told your DOM ? Surely they can track it providing the battery is still charged
Yes, told him this morning.
Busterbear
Posts: 76
Joined: 23 Oct 2013, 13:22
Gender: Male

Lost PDA

Post by Busterbear »

Are they tracking it ?
p5aul789
Posts: 59
Joined: 18 Sep 2012, 10:03
Gender: Male

Lost PDA

Post by p5aul789 »

Busterbear wrote:Are they tracking it ?
I'm not sure, i'm off today!
philsdeals19
Posts: 62
Joined: 29 Jul 2010, 17:44
Gender: Male

Lost PDA

Post by philsdeals19 »

Tell them to call it before the battery goes flat.
k979aaa
Posts: 12578
Joined: 03 Sep 2007, 19:14
Gender: Male
Location: THE NORTH

Lost PDA

Post by k979aaa »

philsdeals19 wrote:Tell them to call it before the battery goes flat.
Well you know what managers are like in RM most will file it in the to do next week when I am off handover!
HA1
Posts: 75
Joined: 28 Mar 2020, 16:15
Gender: Male

Lost PDA

Post by HA1 »

If I read this right. You left it a day before you reported it why?
scoobydo79
Posts: 2057
Joined: 15 May 2011, 19:04
Gender: Male

Lost PDA

Post by scoobydo79 »

How do You loose a PDA? Your scanning something every few minutes. :hmmmm
eastie
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 2234
Joined: 16 Jun 2011, 15:32
Gender: Male

Lost PDA

Post by eastie »

scoobydo79 wrote:How do You loose a PDA? Your scanning something every few minutes. :hmmmm
perhaps it was LOOSE :nana :nana :nana :nana :nana
p5aul789
Posts: 59
Joined: 18 Sep 2012, 10:03
Gender: Male

Lost PDA

Post by p5aul789 »

HA1 wrote:If I read this right. You left it a day before you reported it why?
Finished around 4pm yesterday, and was off today. So reported it this morning.
p5aul789
Posts: 59
Joined: 18 Sep 2012, 10:03
Gender: Male

Lost PDA

Post by p5aul789 »

scoobydo79 wrote:How do You loose a PDA? Your scanning something every few minutes. :hmmmm
I must have put it down after scanning and forgot to pick it up. So i've left it on top of a bin, on doorstep, on wall etc.
PostmanBitesDog
Posts: 1428
Joined: 17 Feb 2019, 15:46
Gender: Male

Lost PDA

Post by PostmanBitesDog »

scoobydo79 wrote:How do You loose [sic] a PDA? Your [sic] scanning something every few minutes. :hmmmm
Plenty of posties have done it. I almost lost mine when I left it on a bin next to the customer's door. I thought I slipped it back into my holster and grabbed my bundle ready to march on. Just as I got to the end of the customer's driveway before turning back on to the pavement, I thought to myself, "That's funny, my holster is lighter than normal."

Sure enough my holster was empty, and a quick glance back up the customer's driveway revealed my missing PDA - still on the green bin where I left it after slipping a P739 card through the customer's mail slot. :cool

I believe they're worth around £800 - £1,000. :shock:
grchpo
Posts: 488
Joined: 16 Mar 2019, 13:59
Gender: Male

Lost PDA

Post by grchpo »

I lost mine when I left on the bonnet after writing a card, went down the road, round corner & suddenly where's my pda, realised what I done, did quick u turn & there it was in the middle of the road, it's a horrible feeling to lose it & then total relief. Hope u find it.
scoobydo79
Posts: 2057
Joined: 15 May 2011, 19:04
Gender: Male

Lost PDA

Post by scoobydo79 »

Ahh ok .Guess I’ve yet to do it.Maybe We need a lanyard type thing then. :hmmmm