ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
Ringing in sick
-
ViperF
- Posts: 120
- Joined: 28 Mar 2019, 10:18
- Gender: Male
Ringing in sick
How long before my start time do I need to ring and notify that I’m sick and need to be off.
-
IloveMYredTROLLEY!
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 1923
- Joined: 02 Apr 2010, 06:54
- Gender: Male
Ringing in sick
As soon as practical, but if you leave message on answer machine, you must ring again later after ~1030 to try to speak to managers.ViperF wrote:How long before my start time do I need to ring and notify that I’m sick and need to be off.
-
NWpostie
- Posts: 3620
- Joined: 04 Aug 2007, 17:32
- Gender: Male
- Location: Sector 001 Borg Collective, 6 o f 9
Ringing in sick
You can self certify for 7 days.
One thing I'm not sure on is whether you can use the online 111 form to cover a further 7 days ?
One thing I'm not sure on is whether you can use the online 111 form to cover a further 7 days ?
Six of Nine loves Seven of Nine, together in Electric Dreams.
-
grchpo
- Posts: 488
- Joined: 16 Mar 2019, 13:59
- Gender: Male
Ringing in sick
Think you misread the question.NWpostie wrote:You can self certify for 7 days.
One thing I'm not sure on is whether you can use the online 111 form to cover a further 7 days ?
-
terry2972
- Posts: 482
- Joined: 17 Jan 2014, 15:26
- Gender: Male
Ringing in sick
I think with the current situation just ring your doctors and I think they will issue one over the phone
-
Celgar
- Posts: 2795
- Joined: 01 Nov 2017, 17:11
- Gender: Male
Ringing in sick
Not really a cut off point. For example if you arrive at work and then start feeling sick you would have to go home.
The views I express here are mine alone and do not represent the views of Royal Mail Group.
-
PostmanBitesDog
- Posts: 1428
- Joined: 17 Feb 2019, 15:46
- Gender: Male
Ringing in sick
There's more info here, ViperF: https://www.royalmailchat.co.uk/communi ... =1&t=92924ViperF wrote:How long before my start time do I need to ring and notify that I’m sick and need to be off.
And an overview of the Attendance Agreement here: https://www.royalmailchat.co.uk/mrm/Att ... ummary.pdf
- If you’re unable to come to work you need to
speak to your manager (or their deputy if they’re
unavailable) or go through the agreed process
for your unit, as soon as possible. You should
ideally speak to them before you’re due to be in
work.