I have recently transferred from another office and at the minute I have no idea where I am day to day. Daily im working with new people on new duties. I came in at 9am to be told I was on a duty which ive never done (surprise) which is fine but I had something planned at 3.30 and had to be done on time.Ive no idea how long this duty is having never done it. I mentioned this to the manager and he just told me to mention it to the duty holder (which I did). I then focused on my half of the fitting and was bundling up with the help of another guy that was telling me how to bundle up. The other guy that I was partnered with went away and came back and said we are leaving the bottom row so I could get done. Fine.
Anyway we still went ten mins over so just as I was about to sign out another manager collared me and asked me who gave me permission to leave that bottom row of mail of which I said I just guessed it was already arranged with another manager and duty holder this morning but he said nothing was said. He said he was going to speak to the duty holder tomorrow.
I was totally unaware either nothing was mentioned and took it as agreed. I only said at 9am that I needed to finish and then ten mins later the duty holder said we can leave the bottom row but take the tracked. If I knew no manager was told I wouldve made sure myself a manager was aware of the situation.
Im not sure of ill get in trouble because I genuinely did not know, im new to the office and was totally unaware.
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
Mail was left without a manager knowing.
-
postiewhite
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 619
- Joined: 23 Jul 2013, 18:38
- Gender: Male
-
Acca Dacca
- Posts: 3221
- Joined: 16 Aug 2009, 17:13
- Gender: Male
Mail was left without a manager knowing.
Will be the dutyholder's problem i'd say given the circumstances and it not being your regular round
If you tolerate this, then your paid break will be next
-
postiewhite
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 619
- Joined: 23 Jul 2013, 18:38
- Gender: Male
Mail was left without a manager knowing.
Just phoned my other manager and she said dont worry too much about it. Im not the duty holder and as far as i was concerned it had been arranged which is true.
-
chickenwittle
- Posts: 2095
- Joined: 15 Nov 2009, 09:43
- Gender: Male
Mail was left without a manager knowing.
Don’t worry about it , also the way the country is at the minute comes into play . Our traffic is up to Xmas levels , loads getting left in frames.