ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Paternity leave and SA payments

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
Killoffs
Posts: 8
Joined: 10 Jul 2018, 19:59
Gender: Male

Paternity leave and SA payments

Post by Killoffs »

I'm over halfway through my paternity leave and my first weeks pay did not include payment for my SA hours. I called and spoke to our temporary manager and he's adament that SA payments do not form part of the paternity package, whereas the most senior postie (who actually does the OT/SA recording) seems to think it should... in the same way that it would if I were taking A/L.

Google-fu has not helped.

So, who is right?
ted_e_bear
Posts: 4110
Joined: 03 Sep 2012, 19:37
Gender: Male

Paternity leave and SA payments

Post by ted_e_bear »

Killoffs wrote:I'm over halfway through my paternity leave and my first weeks pay did not include payment for my SA hours. I called and spoke to our temporary manager and he's adament that SA payments do not form part of the paternity package, whereas the most senior postie (who actually does the OT/SA recording) seems to think it should... in the same way that it would if I were taking A/L.

Google-fu has not helped.

So, who is right?
Try phoning HR.
goddard7
Posts: 52
Joined: 17 Jun 2012, 06:40
Gender: Female

Paternity leave and SA payments

Post by goddard7 »

No SA payments on paternity leave.
Agreement relates to annual leave only.