ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
3 day cover duties set to go
-
Charliecat
- Posts: 92
- Joined: 16 Dec 2017, 09:29
- Gender: Female
3 day cover duties set to go
I’m gutted to say the least! After having a nice life , work balance of working 3 days a week to be told we will have to do 5 days with 1 in 6 Saturdays off is going to be a shock to my system to say the least! I really hope it doesn’t happen but it’s looking like it will. It’s a shame Royal Mail can’t accommodate those that can’t work 5 days or can’t because it’s too much walking with no recovery time. Time for some serious job hunting 
-
bunji
- Posts: 21
- Joined: 25 Feb 2019, 14:44
- Gender: Male
3 day cover duties set to go
aint going to happen
-
Charliecat
- Posts: 92
- Joined: 16 Dec 2017, 09:29
- Gender: Female
3 day cover duties set to go
I hope you’re right!bunji wrote:aint going to happen
-
Yamr1
- Posts: 625
- Joined: 04 Feb 2018, 11:26
- Gender: Female
3 day cover duties set to go
Royalmail the flexible employer not
Yes vote let's beat 97%
Yes vote let's beat 97%
-
Charliecat
- Posts: 92
- Joined: 16 Dec 2017, 09:29
- Gender: Female
3 day cover duties set to go
Definitely yes vote from me!Yamr1 wrote:Royalmail the flexible employer not
Yes vote let's beat 97%
-
eldritch1987
- Posts: 18
- Joined: 14 Oct 2008, 21:25
- Gender: Male
3 day cover duties set to go
More and more companies are introducing flexible working, working from home etc. Royal Mail are doing the complete opposite. Right now there are many ways people can work at Royal Mail, but it seems they want a "one size fits all" 20th century model in the future. Well done Rico.
-
k979aaa
- Posts: 12578
- Joined: 03 Sep 2007, 19:14
- Gender: Male
- Location: THE NORTH
3 day cover duties set to go
Go sick get paid off even managers get it these daysCharliecat wrote:I’m gutted to say the least! After having a nice life , work balance of working 3 days a week to be told we will have to do 5 days with 1 in 6 Saturdays off is going to be a shock to my system to say the least! I really hope it doesn’t happen but it’s looking like it will. It’s a shame Royal Mail can’t accommodate those that can’t work 5 days or can’t because it’s too much walking with no recovery time. Time for some serious job hunting
-
wacko74
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 1572
- Joined: 04 Apr 2009, 20:35
- Gender: Male
3 day cover duties set to go
Are they increasing your contracted hours when going from 3 to 5 days?
If not I'm assuming they're expecting you to do lots of overtime?
If that is the case and you don't want the overtime just refuse to do it and insist on only working your current contracted hours over the course of the 5 days.
If not I'm assuming they're expecting you to do lots of overtime?
If that is the case and you don't want the overtime just refuse to do it and insist on only working your current contracted hours over the course of the 5 days.
-
Daveg50
- Posts: 40
- Joined: 02 Jun 2016, 19:48
- Gender: Male
3 day cover duties set to go
If they want you to do 5 day cover a week then they will have to increase your hours, I am presuming you are on 23.5 hours a week covering a 1 in 4. They cant increase you hours not without your consent. Four and a half hours a day isn't much use to them, ask for a job share.
-
Charliecat
- Posts: 92
- Joined: 16 Dec 2017, 09:29
- Gender: Female
3 day cover duties set to go
No it will be a case of starting at 10am and finishing at 3pm or thereabouts. Walk prepped and so should be just a case of delivery. More outside work than inside. That's what I'm understanding it to be. Thought it would be like this in every office??wacko74 wrote:Are they increasing your contracted hours when going from 3 to 5 days?
If not I'm assuming they're expecting you to do lots of overtime?
If that is the case and you don't want the overtime just refuse to do it and insist on only working your current contracted hours over the course of the 5 days.
-
Charliecat
- Posts: 92
- Joined: 16 Dec 2017, 09:29
- Gender: Female
3 day cover duties set to go
On 25 hour contract so it will be 5 hours outdoor work a day.Daveg50 wrote:If they want you to do 5 day cover a week then they will have to increase your hours, I am presuming you are on 23.5 hours a week covering a 1 in 4. They cant increase you hours not without your consent. Four and a half hours a day isn't much use to them, ask for a job share.
-
leolion855
- Posts: 641
- Joined: 11 Jun 2018, 17:41
- Gender: Male
3 day cover duties set to go
Whats your contract hours?Charliecat wrote:No it will be a case of starting at 10am and finishing at 3pm or thereabouts. Walk prepped and so should be just a case of delivery. More outside work than inside. That's what I'm understanding it to be. Thought it would be like this in every office??wacko74 wrote:Are they increasing your contracted hours when going from 3 to 5 days?
If not I'm assuming they're expecting you to do lots of overtime?
If that is the case and you don't want the overtime just refuse to do it and insist on only working your current contracted hours over the course of the 5 days.
-
Charliecat
- Posts: 92
- Joined: 16 Dec 2017, 09:29
- Gender: Female
3 day cover duties set to go
25 hours over 3 days but will be 25 hours over 5 daysleolion855 wrote:Whats your contract hours?Charliecat wrote:No it will be a case of starting at 10am and finishing at 3pm or thereabouts. Walk prepped and so should be just a case of delivery. More outside work than inside. That's what I'm understanding it to be. Thought it would be like this in every office??wacko74 wrote:Are they increasing your contracted hours when going from 3 to 5 days?
If not I'm assuming they're expecting you to do lots of overtime?
If that is the case and you don't want the overtime just refuse to do it and insist on only working your current contracted hours over the course of the 5 days.
-
LukeyBoy
- Posts: 47
- Joined: 16 Apr 2010, 20:12
- Gender: Male
3 day cover duties set to go
I did the best 3 day cover job with Fixed Weds+Thurs off,then got moved to 5 day week.
The reality is they say your work will be ready to go but if it's anything like any other offices I've been at yours will be the last you be thrown in if there is sickness etc.
It's then the usual battle with managers where they just expect you to do more then your hours.
The reality is they say your work will be ready to go but if it's anything like any other offices I've been at yours will be the last you be thrown in if there is sickness etc.
It's then the usual battle with managers where they just expect you to do more then your hours.
-
Charliecat
- Posts: 92
- Joined: 16 Dec 2017, 09:29
- Gender: Female
3 day cover duties set to go
Yes it’s as I thought,.,not gonna work is it! ?LukeyBoy wrote:I did the best 3 day cover job with Fixed Weds+Thurs off,then got moved to 5 day week.
The reality is they say your work will be ready to go but if it's anything like any other offices I've been at yours will be the last you be thrown in if there is sickness etc.
It's then the usual battle with managers where they just expect you to do more then your hours.
Also when they throw in your parcels they won’t be doing it how you would and that’s going to slow things down. Also if I end up being a reserve because of the , and even though I’ve been there just over 2 years I’ll be low on pecking order, I’ll be doing duties I don’t even know and I’ll be even slower ...can’t wait. Let the games commence ....plus the overtime cos I don’t know what’s what!!!
However my main concern is the fact they don’t give a sh.t about us.