ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

30 years award

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
ballee
Posts: 119
Joined: 14 Nov 2007, 19:21

30 years award

Post by ballee »

Just got my invitation to a Sunday lunch to celebrate my 30 years service.
I live 90 miles from event, would it be reasonable to ask for travel allowance
and overnight subsistence to attend.
I don’t want to sound awkward asking.

Any advice.
.
resperin
Posts: 402
Joined: 18 Feb 2009, 21:45
Gender: Male

30 years award

Post by resperin »

ballee wrote:Just got my invitation to a Sunday lunch to celebrate my 30 years service.
I live 90 miles from event, would it be reasonable to ask for travel allowance
and overnight subsistence to attend.
I don’t want to sound awkward asking.

Any advice.
.
Ask to use the postvan to attend it?