ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
Annual leave
-
VansFortress
- Posts: 16
- Joined: 07 Feb 2012, 08:44
- Gender: Male
Annual leave
Hi, looking for some clarity regarding annual leave if possible please. Seem to be getting nowhere with managers. I work 30 hours over 3 days and my entitlement is 14 days (4 weeks off plus 2 extra days). When do the 2 extra days get put on to the annual leave sheet? Is it from January 1st or is there a specific date that annual leave cards get updated? I'm trying to book annual leave for later in the year but I need those extra 2 days, however I cant book it yet because they're not on my leave card yet. Cheers
-
chickenwittle
- Posts: 2095
- Joined: 15 Nov 2009, 09:43
- Gender: Male
Annual leave
Annual leave runs from April to April .
-
Seymour Buts
- Posts: 1148
- Joined: 22 Jun 2017, 20:17
- Gender: Male
Annual leave
How do you do 30 hours over three days? I assume that's in a mail centre rather than delivery?
-
97gaz
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 1023
- Joined: 17 Dec 2008, 10:15
- Gender: Male
Annual leave
How much service do you have?VansFortress wrote:Hi, looking for some clarity regarding annual leave if possible please. Seem to be getting nowhere with managers. I work 30 hours over 3 days and my entitlement is 14 days (4 weeks off plus 2 extra days). When do the 2 extra days get put on to the annual leave sheet? Is it from January 1st or is there a specific date that annual leave cards get updated? I'm trying to book annual leave for later in the year but I need those extra 2 days, however I cant book it yet because they're not on my leave card yet. Cheers
-
TrueBlueTerrier
- FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
- Posts: 72738
- Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
- Gender: Male
- Location: On my couch
Annual leave
The extra days are part of your annual entitlement so they should be on the leave card immediately.VansFortress wrote:Hi, looking for some clarity regarding annual leave if possible please. Seem to be getting nowhere with managers. I work 30 hours over 3 days and my entitlement is 14 days (4 weeks off plus 2 extra days). When do the 2 extra days get put on to the annual leave sheet? Is it from January 1st or is there a specific date that annual leave cards get updated? I'm trying to book annual leave for later in the year but I need those extra 2 days, however I cant book it yet because they're not on my leave card yet. Cheers
What they may be saying, and I dont agree with it, is that they aren't doing the left over days until everyone has picked their full weeks . But all leave should be picked by the end of October.
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
-
97gaz
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 1023
- Joined: 17 Dec 2008, 10:15
- Gender: Male
Annual leave
If your leave card is the type printed from PSP then at the bottom right of the leave box it will tell you how many hours you have left to take in the current year. The hours are actually there but just not allocated to a particular time. It's difficult to allocate these odd days especially if there are a lot of people who don't buy up their leave but not impossible.