ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Ill health retirement

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
sunlover
Posts: 3
Joined: 19 Aug 2018, 14:58
Gender: Female

Ill health retirement

Post by sunlover »

Does anyone know if the amount you receive from ill health retirement is dependent on length of service. I have read the policy that is on the links on this page and it doesn’t seem to mention that it is graduated but my rep has said that as I have under 3 years service it will only be 3 months notice plus one month for each year over 2 years.
I’m due to have a meeting with rep and DOM in just over a weeks time to discuss the report sent by the OH doctor that has recommended IHR and would like to be sure of where I stand before I agree to anything.

Thanks for your help.
P13
Posts: 1016
Joined: 11 Oct 2007, 14:35
Gender: Male

Ill health retirement

Post by P13 »

sunlover wrote:Does anyone know if the amount you receive from ill health retirement is dependent on length of service. I have read the policy that is on the links on this page and it doesn’t seem to mention that it is graduated but my rep has said that as I have under 3 years service it will only be 3 months notice plus one month for each year over 2 years.
I’m due to have a meeting with rep and DOM in just over a weeks time to discuss the report sent by the OH doctor that has recommended IHR and would like to be sure of where I stand before I agree to anything.

Thanks for your help.
34 weeks pay plus between 9 & 12 weeks pilon