ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Damaged a public vehicle

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
Robbo318
Posts: 64
Joined: 20 Oct 2007, 16:37

Damaged a public vehicle

Post by Robbo318 »

Accidentally damaged another vehicle in a tight school yard car park yesterday, told I have been removed from driving until reassessed, how long roughly before I do the reassessment test?
TrueBlueTerrier
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
Posts: 72738
Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
Gender: Male
Location: On my couch

Damaged a public vehicle

Post by TrueBlueTerrier »

I am afraid that is a how long is a piece of string question.

It all depends on how proactive the manager is, how soon he can get authorisation to pay for the assessment, and when the trainer can arrange a time and date suitable for you, RM and the AA (or whoever does it).
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
norris9
Posts: 2696
Joined: 27 Feb 2019, 17:32
Gender: Female

Damaged a public vehicle

Post by norris9 »

So when a Postie has an accident they have to go and do the driving test in a transit van again?

The test is pretty stupid anyway, most of it is normal road driving. It's the maneuvers that are the main thing people need to be trained on and all I got asked to do was to reverse into a parking space with no other vehicles around, I messed up the first time, got it correct the 2nd time and it was like - test complete - You are the lowest risk I can award you....

......ok.
joewyan
Posts: 382
Joined: 28 Jun 2016, 22:56
Gender: Male

Damaged a public vehicle

Post by joewyan »

Robbo318 wrote:Accidentally damaged another vehicle in a tight school yard car park yesterday, told I have been removed from driving until reassessed, how long roughly before I do the reassessment test?
All depends how quick they want to make it! Some have been done the next week, some have waited a month or more.
robbertwhitton
Posts: 1132
Joined: 30 Aug 2010, 19:06
Gender: Male

Damaged a public vehicle

Post by robbertwhitton »

What duty are you on now then? A non driving round with a trolley? Has someone been moved to accommodate you? I was sent out to two different offices after my accident as my boss asked town guys to go as I was senior to them and they told him to do one!