ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

New starter holiday question

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
Parmey888
Posts: 5
Joined: 21 Nov 2019, 07:36
Gender: Male

New starter holiday question

Post by Parmey888 »

Hi.
I started on 18th November and have survived starting at Christmas!! I was wondering as I get 22.5 days off a year will I get a proportion of that which I will need to take by end of March.Then I assume the days start fresh in April? I work 30 hours part time so guess I will be paid 6 hours a day off.
Janet Brum
Posts: 886
Joined: 28 Sep 2016, 19:52
Gender: Female

New starter holiday question

Post by Janet Brum »

Your manager should have given you already the Annual leave card with this year`s holidays, if not, ask him for yours, you should get about 8 days paid holiday for the 4- 1/2 months you worked.
rogersh
MAIL CENTRES/PROCESSING
Posts: 1374
Joined: 26 Oct 2011, 11:31
Gender: Male

New starter holiday question

Post by rogersh »

Parmey888 wrote:Hi.
I started on 18th November and have survived starting at Christmas!! I was wondering as I get 22.5 days off a year will I get a proportion of that which I will need to take by end of March.Then I assume the days start fresh in April? I work 30 hours part time so guess I will be paid 6 hours a day off.
Yes - when you take a day of annual leave this will be 6 hours. Also you would be able to carry 5 days A/L over to the next financial year. But as you have not completed a year yet I would check with your manager if this is allowed in your case - But if approved make sure you get it in writing.
Also keep the application for A/L - part B employee copy receipt - for future reference.

As janet Brum says you would be due about 8 days. Actual 52 hours (as leave is calculated in hours) also you would receive 8 bank holidays (pro-rata)
Parmey888
Posts: 5
Joined: 21 Nov 2019, 07:36
Gender: Male

New starter holiday question

Post by Parmey888 »

Thankyou for the info.
Janet Brum
Posts: 886
Joined: 28 Sep 2016, 19:52
Gender: Female

New starter holiday question

Post by Janet Brum »

When you can spare 10 minutes, read this, it will give you lots of information you need as a new starter: https://www.royalmailchat.co.uk/royal-m ... glance.php" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;